Find the Best Old Dosbox Games
Edited by estrella sacragon, Robbi, Lynn, Eng
Remember the old DOSBOX games? Yes, they're here again! During the early 80's, when MS-DOS was first introduced, the platform didn't sound so promising for gaming.
However, publishers have released thousands of games between 1981 and 1997, with innovative and influential games that are fun to play over and over again. So here are some of the best old DOSBOX games to have ever graced Microsoft's first operating system.
How to Find the Best Old DOSBOX Games
- 1Navigating to some of the sites that offer old legal DOSBOX games will be your first step toward finding some seriously old school entertainment.Advertisement
- 2Sites such as Abandonia.com can offer you free and legal games by the dozens.Advertisement
- 3Click on the individual categories to seek out the games that you are most interested in playing again.
- 4Getting the games is as easy as 1, 2, 3.You simply click the download link and add the games to your computer.
- 5Once you've done so, install them into your DOSBOX C folder where they will be inside a virtual DOS environment.
Some of the Games that You Will Find on Abandonware Sites Include
- 1Day of the Tentacle.Published by LucasArts in 1993, you can play this game as a trio of weird teenagers who try to keep an evil purple tentacle from ruling over the world. The game is all about exploration and problem solving, filled with so much humor and with a touch of vivid and twisted artwork. During its time, this game was considered an astounding tour-de-force of techno-artistic wizardry with the finest graphical adventures.Advertisement
- 2Command.Think about living in an alternate world where Albert Einstein traveled back in time just to kill Hitler, thus removing the dreaded Nazi threats from World War II. But because of Einstein's meddling, the Soviet Union eventually stepped into Germany's shoes and forced the Allies into action to fight the threat of Soviet domination of Europe. Red Alert fanatics are actually impressed with this DOSBOX game because of it various military units and intricately balanced handling of graphics, interface and storyline. Published by Virgin Interactive, this is one addictive game for the best online multiplayer experience.
- 3Ultima Underworld:The Stygian Abyss. Unlike the traditional first-person role-playing type of game, this is a game that engages players in real-time exploration and combat. Here, players can freely move around in any direction while they simultaneously navigate the Stygian Abyss to rescue the kidnapped daughter of the baron. During the early MS DOS games time, Ultima Underworld was considered quite a charm because of its pseudo-3D world with amazing variety and depth.
- 4Blood.Published by GT Interactive, this game is an almost criminally-overlooked title to ever hit the MS-DOS gaming world. The plot of this game involves pitting a man against a crazed cult and their evil god. What makes this game stand out is its flawless feel, both on the design and control. The detailed graphics form a cohesive and terrifying whole, plus its sound and vocal effects stand alone during the DOS era. This DOS game has the most varied and creative level design, thus making it a great option for gaming enthusiasts.
- 5X-Com:UFO Defense. This was published in 1994 by MicroProse Software. No one can really convey the quality of the game except for those who have actually played it. Fans consider it one of the best PC games of all time. In this DOSBOX game, the player is pitted against an invading alien force that partly comes from the deep attachment X-COM players that were developed to the soldiers they custom-build. And because of its randomly generated maps, with endless combinations of technology and equipment, you will never get bored with the game. The irresistible mix up of PC gaming goodness that feature the building-management elements of SimCity and the technology development aspects of Civilization, this MS DOSBOX game, as they say, has yet to be surpassed.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, estrella sacragon