Find a perfect Christmas gift for your boyfriend
Edited by Jefrey Matias, Lynn, Ermin, Anonymous and 12 others
Shopping for the perfect Christmas gift for your boyfriend can be challenging and stressful when the holidays are quickly approaching, but it doesn't always have to be this way. The perfect gift is about showing your love and thoughtfulness, so take a little time to do some detective work and uncover a gift that your boyfriend will love. Check out the tips below to reduce the stress of holiday shopping and find the perfect present for your boyfriend.
- 1 How to Choose the Perfect Christmas Present for Your Boyfriend
- 2 Choosing the Perfect Christmas Present on a Budget
- 3 Tips
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
How to Choose the Perfect Christmas Present for Your Boyfriend
- 1Pay attention to his likes and dislikes.Advertisement
- 2Watch him when you're shopping together.When you're out shopping together or you see something online that you think he would like but you're not really sure, show him the items and gauge his reaction. This can give you a general sense of direction when considering Christmas present ideas.Advertisement
- 3Take note of his interests.
- 4Ask his family or friends.His family and close friends know him best, and they might be able to give you some ideas of things he would like to have. It's possible that he's already told them about a few things that he wants for Christmas.
- 6Figure out what he needs.Even if it seems like he doesn't need anything, he probably does. Consider his lifestyle and occupation. There might be a gift that can help him run his life more efficiently. If he's always on the go or losing things like his phone, keys or wallet, a Bluetooth tracking tag can help him locate these items no matter where
Choosing the Perfect Christmas Present on a Budget
You don't have to spend an extravagant amount of money on your boyfriend's Christmas present to show how much he means to you. It is possible to find a thoughtful gift that he'll love and won't make you go into debt. Finding the right Christmas present is about showing how much you care about him, even if it's not something he can unwrap. Non-tangible gifts like spending a romantic evening together and cooking him one of his favorite meals shows how much you care, and he'll most likely appreciate it as much as he would a wrapped gift. If you haven't been together that long, spending a large amount of money on a Christmas present might also seem like you're going a bit overboard, so keep that in mind when choosing his present. Your best bet is to keep it simple but thoughtful. Take a look at some of the gift ideas below for good presents that fit within a modest budget.
- 1Make him homemade holiday cookies or treats.Baking him some cookies, brownies or other tasty holiday treats is a great way to show how much you care without having to spend a lot of money. Package them in a holiday-themed container or a box tied with ribbon for a special touch.Advertisement
- 2Make him personalized gift certificates.
- 3Get him a companion gift.If you know he's getting something expensive from a parent, friend or sibling, such as a new video game console or tablet, get him an accessory or game to go with it.
- 5Get him his favorite band t-shirt.This a relatively inexpensive and personal gift that he'll love.
- 7Frame a photo.Buy a decent frame made from metal or leather, and frame a good photo of the two of you.
- 8Make him a stocking.
- 9Invite him over for a movie marathon.Research his all-time favorite movies and spend the day watching them with him. Make some popcorn and snacks, as well.
- 11Write him a poem or song.If you're musically or lyrically-inclined, write him a heartfelt song or poem. Sing him the song or write the poem on a nice sheet of parchment with a good fountain pen.Advertisement
- If you plan on buying him clothes or shoes, make sure you know his size first.
- Start shopping as early as possible. Shopping before December means you'll probably have a larger selection to choose from, better sales prices and less lines to deal with. This will also help you avoid a last-minute struggle to find the perfect gift.
- When all else fails, a gift card for his favorite store in a nice card with a handwritten note is sure to make him happy.
Questions and Answers
What are some DIY gifts for your boyfriend for Christmas that he will appreciate?
There sure are several DIY Christmas gifts that you could give your boyfriend, but the best one is something which is connected to his hobbies and interests.
- If he is a coffee person, you may want to personalize a coffee mug for him. Buy a plain mug and decorate it yourself. It will also be nice if you choose a mug of his favorite color.
- You may also want to invest some time in doing a scrapbook. It could be photos of him growing up or photos of you as a couple.
- If you can knit, make a muffler for him.
- If you know how to make homemade scents, why not make one for him. Formulate one which smells close to his favorite perfume or body spray. To make it even more personalized, name the scent after him.
There are many great DIY gifts that you can give to your boyfriend for Christmas that he will surely appreciate. Below are some great DIY gifts that you can easily make:
- Wallet. If you have old and worn-out jeans, turn them into personalized wallet.
- Photo bookmark. If your boyfriend loves to read books, a personalized photo bookmark will surely put a smile on his face.
- Knitted scarf. Another great DIY gift to your boyfriend is a personalized knitted scarf.
- Keyboard message. If your boyfriend is a computer geek, turn your old broken keyboards into beautiful personalized keyboard message and put them in a frame.
Take note that in making a DIY gift to your boyfriend, always consider your boyfriend's favorite things or the things the he usually used and add your personalized message or art that will surely make your boyfriend appreciate your personalized Christmas DIY gift.
What are some ideas of non material gifts for your boyfriend?
Gifts do not only mean the material stuff we get in a box. There are simple gestures that can be considered gifts. Things that you invest some time and effort in preparing are some of the best gifts. If you think that your boyfriend has all the material things he needs, why not show that creative and thoughtful side of you. Here are some ideas:
- Prepare a romantic dinner for two. Prepare some of the foods that he enjoys. If you do not know how, you have the World Wide Web as your guide.
- Invite him over for a movie marathon. Research his all-time favorite movies and spend the day watching them with him.
- Set a picnic in one of his favorite outdoor places. If you can sing and play an instrument, like the guitar, feel free to sing his favorites. He will realize how sweet, talented and thoughtful this girl that he chose to love really is.
Giving a nice material gift to your special someone is nice especially to your boyfriend but there are some instances that non-material gifts are more precious than material gifts. Below are some ideas of non-material gifts to give to your boyfriend:
1. Cook or bake his favorite food.
- A good non-material gift idea for you to give your boyfriend is to personally cook or bake his favorite food and wrap it with your personalized gift wrapper or simply wrap it with aluminum foil with a ribbon.
2. Write a poem or compose a song to your boyfriend.
- If you're fond in playing a guitar or any musical instrument, give your boyfriend your own composed poem or song.
3. Go on an adventure.
- Another great non-material gift to give to your boyfriend on Christmas holiday is to invite him for an adventure. It could be in a form of water sports, jungle hiking or snow boarding or any type of adventure that you can think of.
The above non-material gifts are perfect to give to your boyfriend on Christmas day because the above gifts will remain in your boyfriend's heart and mind which is far more greater than material gifts.
I don't know what to get for my boyfriend on Christmas?
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year and 3 months now, and I mean, I know what he likes and all but I just don't know what do get him. He told me he wants like video games and stuff, but I know NOTHING about that so yeah, help please!
If your boyfriend is into video games, find out which consoles he owns and what types of games he likes to play. Look at the games he currently has so you don't buy any duplicates, and take note if he ever mentions a specific one that he wants. He might also need accessories such as a new controller, headphones or a case for a portable system. Once you know what he's into or what he wants, do some research to find the perfect gift.
How do I find something practical but quirky for my boyfriend?
My boyfriend doesn't like reading, he doesn't cook, he already has the electronics he could ask for, and he is a very practical person. I can't decide what to give him that I already haven't bought for him! He loves Victory Motorcycles, but I have given him shirts and gloves and jackets. He loves Batman, but we have every movie in a collectors edition set and I have gotten him a piggy bank and pajama set with batman logos all over it. I get him what he needs throughout the year as little surprises. Especially for his birthday. I ask him all the time about what he needs and what he wants, and we usually just go buy it. This year for Christmas I am hoping to get something that really hits home for hi. He isn't easily excitable but my goal is to get him excited.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.