Find a Good Lawyer in Your Area
Edited by Jonathan, Eng, Robbi, Lynn and 1 other
Anytime you are having legal problems, it is a serious thing for you. Finding the right person to help you is something that you must be immediately concerned with. In most cases, unless you have some legal expertise or knowledge, you will need help. The legal system can be circuitous at best and navigating it can be complicated.
Hiring the services of a good lawyer is going to be necessary in most cases, but should not be done in haste. You cannot just look in the phone book, read an advertisement or view a press release espousing the achievements of a lawyer and select them out of hand. This scouting process takes time and a lot of referrals that will guide you to good leads.
Steps and Tips
- 1If you have a legal issue that is complicated and involves a lot of money, do not attempt to handle the entire matter without consulting a lawyer.Lawyers can actually offer a lot more to help you besides just dispensing legal information. They offer logical strategy and practice sophisticated skills to legal problems that have a lot of technical benefits.Advertisement
- 2In the early goings on, the lawyer should be willing to first serve as the legal coach to educate you on the implications of some procedures which you can do by yourself without his signature.You can try to extend the time period by which you can solve your problem (without going to court) by just consulting him in his office or over a cup of coffee in a restaurant. But then, when push comes to shove, he will be taking over as your legal counsel when you have to go to court.Advertisement
- 3Talk to people you trust who have experienced the same legal issue as yours.If yours is estafa, talk to a group which specializes in financial services. If it is sexual harassment, talk to a women's group. Ask them the names of their lawyers and their perception of their legal services. If you talk to as many people as you can, you have a very good chance of procuring a long list of several excellent leads.
- 4Based on their recommendations, do not make a decision just yet.Different clients with different characters may have different reactions to every lawyer's style and personality. It is very much advised that you meet the lawyers themselves, discuss your legal issue with them, and see and feel if you are comfortable with the working style of this counselor.
- 5Even if a lawyer is a very good one referred to you by a very trusted friend, you have to make sure that this lawyer's expertise is within the framework of the legal issue that you have.For example, if you need incorporation advice, then do not get a divorce-specialized lawyer; you need a corporate lawyer.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Political Science & Law
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, Eng