Find Places to Eat at with Maps on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev
Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to find somewhere to eat at when using the Microsoft Maps application on the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 7The list of places where it is possible to eat are sorted by distance. In this example, number one is Luxe Restaurants, 0.08 miles away, which is very close. Number two is West Lothian Restaurant, 0.13 miles away, which is also very close. To further narrow the search, filters must be applied.The first option is "eat+drink", and this is what is needed.
- 14Some locations will be listed along with several stars, which are ratings. Iberica Farringdon and Camino Blackfriars have four out of five stars each, and that indicates good quality. Iberica Farringdon is only 0.23 miles away, which is very close, and it has a four-star rating.In the example, Spanish food restaurants are filtered and numbered according to their proximity.
- 15In the example, Iberica Farringdon is selected. The "about" screen will be opened that will show the information about the location. The screen is very informative and has the address, the phone, the neighbourhood, the website, the menu, the opening hours and the current status of the location, and "general info" that has the appropriate dress code mentioned. If the restaurant were open, the directions on how to get there would be needed.Tap the name of the selected location.
- 16If the address is tapped instead, only the real address will be shown on the map. However, directions will show the route to the place from the current location, inasmuch as "from my location" is selected when tapping "directions". The WiFi connection is required for this to work.Tap "directions" to bring up the map with the route.
- 17In this example, the directions take a while to load, as the current location is not London; therefore, the phone may take a while to correlate the current location with the London restaurant location. It is going to work nevertheless, even though the distance is several thousand kilometers. It is going to work the same way as if the phone were in London, where it could be a short walk to the restaurant with simple instructions on how to get there. As it can be seen, the current location of the phone has been detected, the location to eat at has been found, and the directions to the restaurant have been given.Follow the directions to get to the restaurant.Advertisement
Video: Find Places to Eat at with Maps on Microsoft Lumia 535
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Find Places to Eat at with Maps on Microsoft Lumia 535. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Find_Places_to_Eat_at_with_Maps_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Find Places to Eat at with Maps on Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Find_Places_to_Eat_at_with_Maps_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Find Places to Eat at with Maps on Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Find_Places_to_Eat_at_with_Maps_on_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Thor