Find Out if a Guy Is Already Taken
Edited by Vanessa Alexandra Avisado, Lynn, Doug Collins, Eng
Finding that perfect guy can be quite challenging. If you are lucky enough to meet someone you really connect with, you need to know first if he is already taken.
The trouble is, if you have attracted a serial cheater and he does not have any plans of telling the truth - that he's either married (with kids), is engaged, or is in a long-term relationship - then it is embedded in his system and he simply cannot resist the urge to have more than one item on his plate.
So here are some tips and tell-tale signs to find out if a guy's already taken:
- 1He never, ever calls from home.Advertisement
- 4You never get introduced to his family and friends.
- 5He won't spend the night with you.
- 6He freaks out when he thinks you're about to go through his phone.
- 7He loves taking you on "remote, romantic getaways".
When you have spotted all these tell-tale signs in your guy, it's up to you whether you want to still go along with it and play dumb. If you have confronted him and he denies this to death, ask for proof. Make him introduce you to your family and friends, make him take you to his house and to his office, make him stay overnight at your place, make him call you and talk to you, even during the wee hours of the morning. If he cannot do these things, walk away.
Dealing with the heartbreak
Even if you've finally summoned the courage to do the right thing and leave him be, that doesn't change the fact that it hurts you deeply. Unless you were never really in love with him, you'll most likely have a rough road ahead of you. Here are some tips on how you can come out of this stronger, braver, smarter, and better than ever:
- 1As the saying goes, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop". Depression, desperation, anxiety, anger, and suicidal thoughts can be quite common during these times. Do not allow yourself to go through this. The easiest way to get trapped in this rut is to NOT keep yourself busy and productive. Whether it's work, a new hobby, working out at the gym, doing something new, fun, and exciting, anything to prevent you from moping and drowning in self pity - do it!Make yourself productive.Advertisement
- 2This is the time when you need to be surrounded by the people you love and who love you in return. Keep your family and friends close by your side. There are people who refuse to do this because of pride, because they don't want to be thought of as weak or insecure, but then again, that's completely ridiculous. It's perfectly okay to be afraid, or lonely, or insecure. These emotions are part of what makes you a human being in the first place.Surround yourself with a support group.
- 3This traumatic experience can have a heavy impact on your self-esteem, so make sure you only see a gorgeous-looking girl every time you're in front of the mirror. Get your hair done, shop for some new clothes and killer shoes, and smell like a million bucks! Of course you don't have to break the bank to do this; there are lots of frugal ways to look like a million bucks for less (but that will be tackled in a separate article).Look your gorgeous best.
TIPS for Moving on - For Good
- 1You don't deserve to be treated like dirt. Even if he does break up with his girlfriend to be with you, what guarantee do you have that he won't cheat on you with another girl? That's the thing with love and trust - once it's broken, it's hard to get them back to their "natural" state.When he begs to come back, stand your ground.Advertisement
- 2It's alright to meet people and go on dates, but you have to make it clear that you need to take things slowly. If you don't, you'll only end up hurting the next guy you're with because you will only be on the "rebound". It's not fair for either one of you. Make sure you're fully recovered before you dive into another relationship.Don't rush into another relationship too soon.
- 3Remember what you've been through - not to bring up the hurt time and time again, but for it to serve as an important lesson. Remember all the tell-tale signs, and if you see them again, run as fast as you can.Learn your lesson well.Advertisement
It will take some time, but once you learn to read the signs, you'll become an expert and it will be easy for you to find out if a guy's already taken. Be smart in love and life, because you deserve nothing but the best. Good luck.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Find Out if a Guy Is Already Taken. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Find_Out_if_a_Guy_Is_Already_Taken
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Find Out if a Guy Is Already Taken." VisiHow, visihow.com/Find_Out_if_a_Guy_Is_Already_Taken Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Find Out if a Guy Is Already Taken." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Find_Out_if_a_Guy_Is_Already_Taken.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Lynn, Vanessa Alexandra Avisado