Find Nearby Hotels with TripAdvisor on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to use the TripAdvisor application to find hotels near our current location while using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3Find and tap the TripAdvisor tile to open the TripAdvisor application.The TripAdvisor tile has a green background with a hypnotic owl with two large eyes on it. If the TripAdvisor tile is not pinned to the Home screen, swipe from right to left to view the App menu. Tap "TripAdvisor" in the App menu to open the application.
- 5When on the "near me" page, tap the green "hotels" button at the bottom of the screen.Above that button are three examples of hotels that are near our current location. We can tap on one of these options if we would like to. To see the complete list of hotels near our current location, tap the "hotels" button.
- 6We will see a list of all hotels near our current location.They will be sorted by the distance from our location. The closest hotel will be at the top of the list. For example, the first hotel is only 0.19 miles away from us. Each listing will also have the price range on the right side of the listing. To change the currency used in the TripAdvisor application, please refer to the tutorial on VisiHow on this topic.
- 7Scroll up or down through the list to browse through available hotels.There can be many different hotels listed. TripAdvisor has a rating system, which is displayed on each listing, assuming there are enough ratings for each hotel. Ratings are indicated by the number of green circles on the listing. The more green circles there are, the better the rating. For example, the first hotel in the list has four green circles out of a possible five, which is quite a good rating.
- 8Tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen, in the middle, to search for a hotel.The search icon appears as a magnifying glass in a circle. We can use this function to search for a specific hotel using the hotel's name. We may want to do this if we have been given a recommendation on a hotel. This function allows us to find a specific hotel quickly.
- 10When using the map view, the map will open, by default, to our current location.We need to have location services turned on for the TripAdvisor application to be able to use this function. In the map view, there will be lots of blue pins, and one green pin, displayed. The green pin is the hotel that is highlighted, and its details are displayed in the bar at the bottom of the screen. To zoom in on the map, press two fingers on the screen and spread them away from each other. To move the map, use one finger to drag it around the screen. The detail of the map will vary based on location. In large cities, maps will be more detailed, while in smaller towns there may be very little detail.
- 15Tap on the name of a hotel to view the details page for that hotel.Here we can see the details of the hotel, such as a picture of the hotel, its address, and prices. Anything on this page highlighted in green can be tapped on for further details. Tapping on the address will display the hotel's location in the Microsoft Maps application. Most hotels will also have a phone number listed. Tap the phone number to call that hotel.
- 16Swipe left to read hotel reviews.These reviews are from individuals who have visited this hotel. Each review will have a rating, which is used to calculate the average TripAdvisor rating discussed earlier. Tap a review to expand and read the entire review. It is important to always look at the date of the review. If a review is old it may no longer apply, as things may have changed since then.
- 22This concludes the tutorial on how to use the TripAdvisor application to find hotels near our current location using the Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any questions about this video, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Find Nearby Hotels with TripAdvisor on Microsoft Lumia 535
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.