Edited by Mr Namuichi, Jacob, Eng, Dougie and 4 others
Questions and Answers
Find Difference between an original S5 and a fake?
I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5. I feel confused; I don't know whether I have a genuine or a cloned phone. How can I make sure that my phone is an original?
When purchasing any new phone or tablet, it's always important to buy from an established and official retail store. When you do this, your Samsung Galaxy S5 is guaranteed to be genuine if it isn't, you can always exchange it with your receipt.
If you decide to try and save a few dollars, you should be wary of vendors selling cloned phones. Often you will not be able to exchange a phone bought through such a store, and many times the vendor might not even be there weeks or months later, leaving you to solve any problems that may come up.
However, there are number of ways you can check your device, no matter where you purchased it. The best and most accurate way is the Samsung Kies program. If you haven't used this program before, follow these steps to install and use it one your PC:
- 1On your PC desktop, launch a web browser.
- 3Scroll down to the 'Download' section.
- 4Click on the 'Kies 3' button, in order to proceed.
- 5Wait for the Kies setup to download.
- 6Once the setup is downloaded, open it.
- 7Follow the setup instructions to install Kies on your PC.
- 8When the installation process is completed, open the program.
- 9Plug your GS5 into the PC.
- 10Wait for the program to recognize your device.
- 11If Kies identifies your phone, it's 100% genuine.
- 12If it doesn't recognize, your Galaxy S5 is probably a clone.
You can learn more about other methods of spotting a cloned Galaxy phone in our main article. You can read this article by clicking on the title of this Q&A page, or the link below the article summary.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: Want to know the original iPhone 6 from the fake iPhone 6
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: jugal, Franjo, AliManzoor