Find Amazing Locations for Your Summer Home
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Rebecca M., Eng, Lynn and 1 other
Trying to find amazing locations for your summer home can be a bit of a challenge, considering there are so many breathtaking places that you can choose from. The key is knowing what you want so you get exactly what you want. Do you want it nice and cozy in the countryside, or do you prefer to be near the beach so you can easily go for a swim anytime you feel like it? The possibilities are endless, and it all boils down to what suits you or your family's preference.
Another thing: Why do you want to make this trip? Is it a romantic getaway, finding the best beaches for surfing, or purely a family fun time adventure? Also if you're planning to rent a house for the summer, remember that there are two types - one is the professionally managed, and the second is those managed by the property owners.
Some of the advantages of the former are: You have on-site help around the clock, experienced staff from the area, you get well-trained hospitality employees, and of course, you're sure your credit card payment is secure. The latter choice also have their own perks, namely: More personal and direct contact with the owners themselves, a detailed knowledge about the rental, more open to flexible rates and dates of stay, and you can get a lot more options when you choose to stay in a smaller town.
Finding the perfect location for a summer home is great. Also, for those with the entrepreneurial spirit in them who want to go the extra mile and wish to monetize their investment property during times that they're away, you can easily have them rented out. But for you to have the best options for your renters, you have to make sure that you are giving them their money's worth. Whether they're staying for just a week, or plan to stay the whole summer at your place, it has to be worth their while. Remember, word of mouth is one of the most powerful advertising tools.
So here are some smart investment tips before you purchase that dream house for summer:
- 1Don't Get Something You Cannot Afford.Advertisement
- 2Key in the Extra Costs.Advertisement
- 3Acquire the help of a local real estate agent.
- 4Consider what your renters want and need, not what you want or need.
- 5Avoid purchasing a vacation home abroad.
- 6Buy your summer vacation home, for the right reasons.Advertisement
Tips for those who wish to Purchase a U.S. Summer Home
- Find serious bargains in the country's most sought-after areas. Today you can find million-dollar homes that will sell for as low as $300,000. There are of course, more expensive ones, especially in premium neighborhoods, but they're definitely worth the price, and what with the glitz and glamour of L.A., for example, it's not really that hard to sell.
- Find those locations that never run out of great attractions. Cultural activities, and the best in dining and shopping experience, are just some of the things people are looking for, especially when they're on a great summer getaway. If you're planning to rent out your home in the future you'll have no trouble doing so, especially if you're on the beachfront.
- Focus on your target market. Seize the chance to make your dream of a summer home come true. Plan ahead, do thorough research of the area first and learn everything you need to know. Weigh the pros and cons before you make your final decision so you won't have any regrets later on. Most of all, think positive. Yes, the housing crisis took a toll on so many desirable towns, and that is all the more reason you must think about those people who are more than willing to spend their hard-earned money on their perfect summer retreat.
So remember, when you go find amazing locations for your summer home, be smart. Don't be easily swayed by the picturesque view of the location or a home's cozy ambiance. There are a lot more things to consider, aside from aesthetics. The more you know about the place, the higher your chances of getting a great property investment.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Home
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Rebecca M.