Filter Messages and Calls on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Anonymous, Eng, Rushell and 13 others
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you to filter messages and phone calls on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Filter Messages and Calls on Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 There is problem in the call and filter option. Can't I open call+SMS filter application, or the application shows me that "something went wrong"?
- 3.2 I can't access the call+SMS filter on my Lumia 535?
- 3.3 I am having trouble blocking calls and texts on my Microsoft Lumia 535?
- 3.4 Cannot open block filter, how to open it?
- 3.5 Something went wrong, message appears when trying to access SMS+call filter?
- 3.6 Pre-Scan on SMS/Call Feature on Microsoft Phone?
- 3.7 Can I block some number for call +SMS and add number other than from log call?
- 3.8 I don't have the option of "call + filter" although I have an updated version?
- 3.9 How to select a contact to block call from it?
- 3.10 What if I have deleted a number from call history but have it in my contacts?
- 4 Comments
- 5The Welcome message states, This application allows you to block unwanted phone calls and SMS from phone numbers defined by you.By using this application, you agree that Microsoft Mobile may pre-scan your incoming text messages. No information regarding your messages is sent to Microsoft Mobile or any third party. We have to accept these terms and conditions if we want to use this service, so press the accept button at the bottom of the screen.
- 12This concludes our tutorial on how to filter phone calls and SMS messages on a Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.
Video: Filter Messages and Calls on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
There is problem in the call and filter option. Can't I open call+SMS filter application, or the application shows me that "something went wrong"?
When I press call and filter, it shows that it didn't. There is something not clear. My 535 phone's call+SMS filter app is not working
Firstly, update applications on your phone.
- 1First of all, press the home button.Advertisement
- 2Swipe the screen left.
- 3Tap on "Store" in the application list.
- 4Tap on the "..." application menu.
- 5Tap on "Settings".
- 6Tap on "check for updates" button.When call+SMS filter (and extra+info) has been updated, restart your phone.
Secondly, update the OS. You can do it by following our tutorial on how to update a Microsoft Lumia phone to Windows 10 Mobile.
If that did not help, hard-reset your phone. Back up your data first: press the home button, swipe the screen down from the top, tap on "ALL SETTINGS", and tap on "backup". Choose all of the data to back it up. Then, follow our tutorial on how to restore factory settings on the Microsoft Lumia. Do not erase the microSD card contents if it is offered. Then, restore your data just by logging in with your Microsoft account.
I can't access the call+SMS filter on my Lumia 535?
The call+SMS filter does not appear in the settings Install Phone Systems Updater for Windows Phones. Run the app and it will scan for updates and do a system check. You will want to update the Extras + Info on your phone for the call and SMS filter to work. If all else fails, users reported a full reset had their phones operating correctly again.
I am having trouble blocking calls and texts on my Microsoft Lumia 535?
I did have the option to block calls and texts but this seems to have gone since my phone was repaired last week and there are numbers I wish them to remain blocked. I have tried: What is suggested on your page but that option does not exist
- 1Go to Settings.
- 2Select Privacy.
- 3Then tap Background apps.
- 4Your phone was likely updated to Windows 10 OS.There is now an app called Block and Filter that replaced the previous app. Bring the app to the foreground and configure it the way that you wish.Advertisement
See more questions like this: How to block phone numbers on Microsoft Lumia 535?
Cannot open block filter, how to open it?
When I click the option of block filter it say it is not the right way, try again later
Restart your phone. Then update the app. Finally, you may have to perform a hard reset when this app fails to get it to work properly again. It can fail to update and still cause further call issues.
Something went wrong, message appears when trying to access SMS+call filter?
Something went wrong, message appears when trying to access SMS+call filter. I have tried: Reinstalling, soft reset. I think it was caused by: No idea. Microsoft stopped support for this app
Update your Windows OS and then go to the background app section as explained in an above answer. There you will configure the new call block app that Microsoft is using for Windows 10.
Pre-Scan on SMS/Call Feature on Microsoft Phone?
My sister wants to enable Call/SMS Block to block unknown/unwanted numbers from calling, and it has popped up a message. "This application allows you to block unwanted phone calls from phone numbers defined by you. By using this application, you agreed that Microsoft Mobile may pre-scan your incoming text messages. No information regarding your messages is sent to Microsoft Mobile or any third party". This is her first time using a Microsoft Mobile Phone and she wants to know what does that message mean by pre-scan? she also wants to know why a pre-scan maybe needed to be done?
It will look to see if you are recieving text messages from the blocked contact. If so, then you will not receive the text message alert. Microsoft will block the text just like they block the call from the contact.
Can I block some number for call +SMS and add number other than from log call?
Can I add the number in order to block other than the call log?. I have tried: I am waiting for your reply please.
It will have to come from the call log. As with most call blocking apps, they only work with numbers that have previously called you from your phone history logs.
I don't have the option of "call + filter" although I have an updated version?
Want to block a number. Cannot as don't have the "call+ filter" service despite having Windows 8.1
You now have Block + Filter. Check your Privacy section and then the background apps to enable this feature again.
How to select a contact to block call from it?
I am unable to block calls from some companies though I follow your steps. I have tried: Pressed the button filter calls/SMS but no display of any call history
If the history is not being displayed then swipe left repeatedly until it does display. This prevents the screen from timing out.
What if I have deleted a number from call history but have it in my contacts?
Deleted number I want to block from call history. I have tried: Everything I know. I think it was caused by: Deleted number
You can't add from contacts. You will have to wait for them to call back or initiate a call and hang up right away to put it back into your call history log.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: nitishi86, mmakram_pk, MayMay1991