Figure Out if He's Cheating
Edited by Ermin, Ronald Disney Magat, Eng, Anonymous and 18 others
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Steps
- 3 Some more signs to figure out if he's cheating
- 4 Tips
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 How would you know if your guy is doing something fishy with another woman?
- 5.2 I need to know what he is hiding help?
- 5.3 Signs he's hiding a woman from you?
- 5.4 Did my hubby truly cheat on me with the house help?
- 5.5 Is he cheating or just scared?
- 5.6 Is he cheating on me with his ex wife at work?
- 5.7 Why is my boyfriend on and off on Facebook when he tells me he is never on it?
- 5.8 I'm sure he is cheating. I just don't know if it is physical or if he is having a fantasy sex life?
- 5.9 If my boyfriend always goes on my phone and accuses me of cheating when its not true at all, what is the cause of this?
- 5.10 Hi, I am in a long distance relationship,I am sure my boyfriend has 2nd SIM cards, how to know about that? I don't understand what to do?
- 5.11 My boyfriend has cheated on me more than once. He now says he won't again, should I trust him?
- 5.12 I'm trying to figure out if I should trust my gut feeling?
- 5.13 Today I borrowed my boyfriend's phone and he refused to lent it to me?
- 5.14 Wondering which apps delete messages?
- 5.15 My husband returns home with his pants both his zip and button broken and some discharge marks in pant is he cheating?
- 6 Comments
Lovers usually have a mutual trust of each other. But when a girl gets complacent with her guy, sometimes she can miss a little hole in their relationship that can get bigger-that is, if the boy is doing monkey business. This article will show you how to know if your boyfriend is cheating on you.
- 1Be a human lie detector.Advertisement
- 2Observe his before and after attitude toward you.This may be common for all lovers, but doing this is helpful. If before he was sweeter than he is now, this is a bad sign that he's starting to like someone else, and he doesn't want you to know. He's hiding it because he know he's going beyond his limitation. Is he creating emotional distance between you both? Picking fights for no reason. No longer as physical with you with less hugs or hand holding can be a sign of cheating.Advertisement
- 3Try borrowing his gadgets.Because communications have a wider scope nowadays, your boyfriend can contact his a girl with every gadget capable of communications. The easiest way is through WiFi, and almost every gadget has WiFi capabilities. Try borrowing his phone, if he refuses to let you borrow it, then maybe something fishy is going on (no on all cases, obviously). On the other hand, he might let you borrow his phone, but if he has an activated lock screen or password, this could be one of the signs. Look for apps which delete messages as soon as you send and receive.
- 4Trace his whereabouts.His whereabouts could be one of the factors that can lead you to finding out that he's cheating on you. If before he would always just go straight home after work, and then lately, he has added places, like going to a bar, a fast food chain, or another restaurant every day or every other day, it might be a possible sign. Take note - every day or every other day only. A sudden change of frequency is a little bit questionable.
- 5After all those steps are done, it's time for you to be a puzzle solver.Put everything together and think about it, but it will be your gut feeling that will finally decide if he's to be accused or not.
Some more signs to figure out if he's cheating
Being cheated on is downright distressing. If you have detected some infidelity signs that your boyfriend is showing, and now you are trying to figure out if he's really cheating but isn't sure how. Below are probable reactions you can get from him. See if your guy has the same tendencies.
- 1He is always angry at you.This is the first sign which can help you able find out if he's cheating on you. If he always makes up stories that are not true just to pick a fight with you, or if he gets angry at small things, and if he wants a fight where you get provoked, then he may be cheating. And when this happens, you will likely declare breaking up with him, which he actually wants from you in the first place.Advertisement
- 2He has less time for you.If he only text you when he needs something from you, he may be cheating on you. If you text him, and it takes him so long to reply (which is not normal), he may be cheating on you. These situations may not be accurate, but these are possible scenarios during infidelity. He might be with someone else while you're texting him, and that is why he could not reply to your message immediately. Another proof of infidelity is when he rarely ask you out, perhaps once in a week, or worse once a month.
- 3He has an additional SIM card.Try to check his wallet, because he may have an additional SIM card hidden there. If there is, try to insert the SIM to your phone to see if there are messages from an unknown girl. If so, then he may be cheating on you. If a guy has an additional SIM card, there may be another reason he has it, but you should still check it out. Why does he need an additional SIM card? What is it for? If he is not hiding anything from you, then what's with the extra SIM card?
- 4He is moody.He may be happy this time, but later on, he will become a different guy. He is sweet today, but tomorrow he will be blue (no its, not the holy grail song). He messages you that he wants to see you few hours later, but changes his mind an hour after. These can be clues that he may have another woman in his life. Guys become moody if they have other women. They think twice because they are careful about themselves and their surroundings when they are outside.
- 5He always makes lame excuses.Was there a time that he made lame excuses in order to keep you from coming to his house? He may be using excuses like that he is busy doing house chores or going out later to buy something. If this happens repetitively, then there is a possibility that he is cheating on you. Make a surprise visit to your boyfriend any time of the day. If he is really busy, then he is telling you the truth. If he is busy with someone else, specifically a girl, then it can be a clear indication that he is cheating. Don't be judgmental (what if it's a cousin or an activity he is not proud of?).
- 6He always makes up "what if" stories.Real men do not make "if, then-conditional" sentences. If there was a time that your boyfriend asked you these "what if" questions, for example, questions that are about other woman, then he may be trying to reveal the reality. He may have another woman. He may have fallen in love with another.
- 7He is no longer interested in you physically.If there have been times that you tried to flirt with your boyfriend, and he was not reacting to your advances, then he might be having an affair with another woman. He might have spent his time with the girl before showing up to your house. He had given his strength to the other woman �" if you know what I mean.
- 8He is not sweet anymore.Before, he was very sweet to you. He gives you gifts, flowers, etc., to show that he really loves you. Now, he's changed. He just stares at his cellphone or lies in bed all day long. This may be a clue that he is cheating on you. He might have given or preserved his sweetness traits to the other woman.
- 9He has a different interests suddenly.Before, he was fond of listening to a specific music genre. Now, his taste in music has changed to a different genre. He might be influenced by his other woman. This can be a clue that he is practicing infidelity.
- 10He always hides his mobile phone from you.His phone was in silent or buzzing because someone might be calling or texting him, and he did not answer it in front of you. He just said that it was just nothing. You asked him for his phone, because you haven't seen it for a long time, but he did not show it to you. You are now doubtful, and you are thinking he may be hiding something from you. Based on the above situations, there is a possibility that he is cheating on you. Why would he hide his phone from you if he is not hiding anything at, right?
- 11He accuses you of cheating.Some men accuse their girlfriends of cheating, even when they know it is not true. This is because they are projecting their mistakes onto their girlfriends just to hide their inner faults. Some men are like this, and accusing their partners is their natural instinct. They will likely question whether their partners have done the same as them. That is why they accuse their woman.Advertisement
- You were not born to cry a river for a mere man. There are so many fish in the sea, so don't just settle for a cheater. You will be able to find the right one at the right time and place.
- Never underestimate his abilities to hide. His sweetness can sometimes be his dagger.
- Keep an eye on him ALWAYS. That will keep him from getting away from you.
- Love him every day. Your care can often be the deciding factor of whether or not he will cheat on you and look for others.
- Cherish every moment with him. He will always love you for that.
- Too much jealousy kills. It's fine to be jealous sometimes but too much. Jealousy may sometimes make him fall out of love with you, and if he's a bad boy look for another guy to pay attention to immediately.
- Do not be martyr for a guy who is not deserving. There are still many other men available. He may be not the right one for you, but just so you know, there is someone out there who is much more deserving. Do not search for Mr. Right - just wait and he will come to you at the right time.
Questions and Answers
How would you know if your guy is doing something fishy with another woman?
It's not always easy to tell if your man is cheating. Many cheating men have only progressed into becoming better cheaters, after learning more ways to cover their tracks. Therefore, how will you know if your man cheating on you with another woman? Here's how:
- He wants too much privacy. Has he become a very secretive person lately? Does he take phone calls from an unknown number frequently? Or does he walk out of your house to talk to somebody? Men do that when they're talking to someone they really should not be talking to. Try to observe his expressions when he's on these calls. Is he smiling or red-faced? If he walks back into your house without giving you any information about the call, this may indicate bad news for you. Also, if he quickly shuts down the browser or his Laptop suddenly when you walk by, you can probably figure out what that means.
- He guards his cellphone. Does your man keep his cellphone near him all the time, even when he goes to take a shower? That's strange, right? How he behaves with his cellphone is always the biggest sign your man is having an affair. Does your man hoist his neck and try to see what you're up to every time you touch his cellphone? Or have you discovered an empty or clear inbox and call list? Maybe your man even locked his cellphone with a security password, and he isn't willing to share it. Any of this kind of behavior may mean something fishy is going on.
- The old alibi - stuck or caught at work. This is the most unconvincing excuse, but amazingly it is also efficient. There is nothing you can do about it either way. Is your man telling you he's at work for more than a few hours after quitting time? Then there is a big chance that he is sweating for the wrong reasons.
- He begins caring more about his appearance. Does he spend more time than he used to in front of the mirror grooming himself? Or has he started indulging himself in stylish new clothes and fragrances? It's fine if your man wants to look nice, but if he has just started doing all those things, then it could be that something is in the air, and it's not just his new cologne.
- He goes out with friends you don't know. Does he have lunch or dinner with someone you don't know? Or does he hang out with somebody you haven't met? Well then, there must be something strange going on.
I need to know what he is hiding help?
You will either have two ways to find out his information which will be for you to physically look into his device to see what you can find or by downloading a spy app to his phone called SMS Tracker which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for you to track his device.
Signs he's hiding a woman from you?
In this day in age the cellphone will tell it all, if he is constantly texting on the phone or having to walk away to talk on the phone more than likely he is talking to another woman. Also excuses of why he cannot make it to see you when you know he is free to visit or be around you, chances are there is another woman.
Did my hubby truly cheat on me with the house help?
I always leave the house early for work and leave my hubby and nanny in the house since he leaves later for work. Recently a neighbor told me that my house help had been telling the other nanny's that my hubby gives her airtime and sends her money by M-Pesa without my consent. She had already become big headed somehow.
It depends on your hubby's nature and history. Some men will instinctively feel they need to help anyone under their roof. Perhaps this nanny gave your husband a sob story and he bought it but didn't tell you because you would not approve? Only you can best assess this possibility. However, whether he cheated with her or not, if she has become "big headed" and is not pleasing you anymore I recommend you remove her from your employment. Have this discussion with your husband. If he defends her too much (some is normal) then you will have an idea. If you really must know, install a "nanny cam" at various points throughout the house. Nanny cam technology has increased greatly in the past few years. You can now buy nanny cameras that are disguised as common household items like an alarm clock, smoke alarm, ipod dock, Take a look here to see some options.
Is he cheating or just scared?
My boyfriend and I were going to move in together but he told me it was best that I live by myself because I have never done so before. Now that I am about to move. He is acting very different and now asking for a key and wants to move in. We have been arguing for weeks a long story, short I came across a number in his wallet on a blank receipt. This is the first time and he usually ask me to get things out of his wallet. He is very honest and always tells me the truth. I did call him out on this matter and he doesn't recall the women or how he got the number.
If he destroyed the number and wants to still move in, keep an eye on him but most likely he is not cheating. It is normal for someone to use a receipt or piece of paper from their wallet to jot down a number while on the go, like a message to call their doctor back for example. It is odd however that he is saying he does not remember the woman rather than there was no woman. Just be more watchful of his behavior for a while until you feel you can fully trust him again.
Is he cheating on me with his ex wife at work?
My boyfriend and I have had our ups and downs. I met him last year in July and things went great, then he got confused and moved out this past May. Recently he decided he does want to be with me and he moved back in. He was very sweet when we first met, he bought me flowers all the time and called and sent texts every day but now he does none of that. He was very sweet when he came back but 2 weeks later his tune changed. Now I have to beg him just to spend time with me and I have to beg him to touch me or snuggle with me in bed. Last night I saw that his ex wife had sent him a text asking if he was going to let her off of work today at 4 pm. I looked at her Facebook page and found that she has been working with him since last January but he has failed to tell me that she even works with him. I also recently found out that he has become confused again and is not sure what our relationship is. I told him when he came back I am not looking for a friend with benefits and that I love him and all I want is the same in return, and that he needed to be sure that this is what he wants, because when he left in May it almost killed me and I didn't want to go through that again. He doesn't really talk to me about feelings or emotions and when I try to talk, he clams up and won't speak to me at all, and then he comes up with some excuses like "we don't have a relationship after I get home from work (which is because he is a recovering addict and his new addiction is to make money so he works all the time.) he does make good money but now I am wondering if its what he would be making if he only worked 40 hours a week and he's just telling me he is at work when really he is with his ex or if he is really working the 60-70 hours a week he says he does. HELP!. I have tried: I have not told him that I know any of this. I don't want to lose him but if he is cheating on me then he needs to go regardless of my feelings for him.. I think it was caused by: I have no idea.
Everything you mentioned are signs of cheating. He did not tell you that he is working with his ex. He is less physical with you is hardly speaking to you when he is home. You should contact the ex on Facebook and see if she is seeing him again. Also ask him outright about working with his ex and why he felt the need to hide it.
Why is my boyfriend on and off on Facebook when he tells me he is never on it?
My boyfriend is on Facebook all the time and when I confront him about it he says he is never on it and if he is, he only looks at funny videos
First of all, think about it: why would he not tell you that he uses Facebook? He definitely has something to hide, but one can never be sure what he is not revealing to you: Facebook is definitely not a good source for funny videos.
You can ask him to switch to YouTube and see if it helps to get him off Facebook. Otherwise, his behavior is unusual and may be a sign that he is following, if not flirting, someone online.
Mine never lets me see his. When he is on it he logs out if he see's me. he unfriended me he says he is signal. And he go's in to mine all the time..so yeah what do I do??
I'm sure he is cheating. I just don't know if it is physical or if he is having a fantasy sex life?
My husband has problems in bed, he is on blood pressure med. and won't get help from the Dr., he is texting another woman, but denies it even when I see him he will say he isn't. I don't know how he could actually have a physical affair but don't know if it is more of a fantasy?
A Fantasy Affair can be extremely damaging to a marriage. It is most likely occurring because he feels inadequate in his actual life circumstances so he is creating a fantasy world. The problem is that this fantasy world overlaps with reality. Emotional affairs are far more destructive to a marriage and fantasy affairs can morph into this quickly.
At this point, if you are not in marriage counseling then you should be as soon as possible. There are programs possibly in your area like [www.celebraterecovery.com/ Celebrate Recovery] which you can join even on your own as the partner of someone with a sexual addiction issue. It is very likely that his fantasy life has become an addiction. Whatever you do, have someone that you both trust to help you confront him. A pastor or long time trusted friend is suggested. Be careful to not choose your female best friend for example because he will feel ganged up on and shut down. Avoid using family members as well. The person you choose should be impartial to both of you.
If my boyfriend always goes on my phone and accuses me of cheating when its not true at all, what is the cause of this?
My boyfriend was all nice and sweet to me in the start of the relationship and then a month or 2 down the line he has been acting different not so loving but then he said I should move in so I did and the whole first week he was fighting and being nasty towards me and then started accusing me of talking to my ex's on Facebook which I have not been doing and I couldn't believe he accused me of that then the fight got out of control and he pushed me up against the wall and had his finger shove onto my face. He has never been like that before and then he said he thinks its best I go live with my gran but then we ended up making peace but ill always have that fight in my conscious. I don't know what to do I love him very much but I'm always scared to say or do anything, what is your best advice I'm really desperate
Sounds like he may be deflecting his guilt about something he did onto you and your actions. Obviously, you were not talking to the ex but he has mega insecurities popping to the surface. Hopefully, he will relax or get over whatever is bothering him so that this relationship can grow or prosper.
If you have another altercation, it is best to hit the pause button and move out for a period of time. Once is a mistake but twice is the beginning of a pattern. Look for signs of what is actually bothering him like financial, depression, lack of compartmentalizing his feelings, or cheating. If you get a chance, go through his phone and look for anything suspicious.
See more questions like this: My boyfriend is almost always on phone with a lady and talks quietly with her?
Hi, I am in a long distance relationship,I am sure my boyfriend has 2nd SIM cards, how to know about that? I don't understand what to do?
He was very sweet and supportive all the time, but nowadays, he is totally a different person.. he makes his phone off most of the time, specifically at nights as we are from two different states. I really feel helpless, please tell me what to do. I have tried: I searched in net if there is a way to find out the 2nd SIM number, but didn't find any help from internet..
He is distancing himself. Loneliness and isolation in a long distance relationship can make a person push their significant other emotionally away as a coping mechanism. At this point, it is time to surprise him with a visit. Just show up on his door but be sure to be able to stay somewhere if you find that things are haywire at his residence.
There is no way to tell if someone is swapping their SIM unless you see them doing it. Most likely though he is not swapping SIM cards, though he may be on apps like WhatsApp and Skype talking to others. Go see him and get his attention if this relationship is important to you. It may be time to start making plans to be in the same location soon or more often then you are now.
My boyfriend has cheated on me more than once. He now says he won't again, should I trust him?
We've been together for 6 years, he had 3 affairs. I'm so hurt and I feel its me. That I'm not the woman he wants me to be. My self esteem is so low and I stay because I don't want to start over. The men in my life have all been the same, I don't believe there is anything different. Lately I'm getting back on my feet emotionally and financially and I feel like he is going to pull me down again. Maybe I'm just paranoid of everything he does. He claims he wants to save us and will do everything possible to not do this again but am I just stupid for believing he can change?. I have tried: I've tried talking to him. I'm trying to communicate with him and work on our issues.. I think it was caused by: That he wanted more from me, wanted me to be something I was not. I used to think he was amazing and I don't anymore. He hates that and wants to be treated like he is, so he got it from someone else. My feelings are he hasn't earned to be treated like that.
Let's start with you. You are carrying these affairs on your shoulders as if it was your fault. It was not. The only reason for cheating to be assigned blame falls with the person who cheated. The fact that he feels that you do not love him the way you used to is his fault because he destroyed the trust you had in him. Play all the female anthems you know such as I Am Woman Hear Me Roar. Empower yourself and watch how his attitude towards you changes. Look in the mirror every day for one month. Write down one positive thing about yourself and put it in a jar. At the end of the month, take them all out of the jar and speak them out loud.
Now as for the relationship, after your 30 day self confidence renewal, take the next 30 days and ask him to work with you to each write down something you love about the other person. Put them in individual jars and at the end of 30 days, plan a romantic date at home where you take turns reading the contents of the jar to the other person.
After the romantic date, take the next 30 days to evaluate how the relationship is going. Note any progress or regression to determine at the end if this is a relationship that you both can flourish as a unit or if it is toxic. The 90 days to complete this will overhaul the entire relationship dynamic. Try it out!
I'm trying to figure out if I should trust my gut feeling?
He is usually distant from me, he has so many friends who are females, one whom he calls his sister but he is always deleting texts between them. He gets mad when I ask him if he has talked to her or anything like that, he has changed the passcode on his phone, he has changed the Verizon password so I can't see if he has been texting her. I don't know what to do, please help.. I have tried: Getting into Verizon, tracking his phone, getting into his Facebook, email. I think it was caused by: I'm not sure
Deal with your boyfriends female friend is a VisiHow article you should read. Does he socialize with these female friends and you at the same time? Feeling threatened by a female close to our boyfriends is a normal reaction but it sounds like you have deep distrust. He could be feeling violated in how you have been monitoring him but you do have a right to be concerned that he is deleting his messages with this girl. Either you each come to a middle ground of trust or you may as well walk away.
Today I borrowed my boyfriend's phone and he refused to lent it to me?
Today I borrowed my boyfriend's phone and he refused to lent it to me. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Some people are super particular about their phones. Imagine if he asked to go into your purse or log into your bank account. That could be the same reaction. If everything else is good in the relationship then there is no need to worry about his reaction.
Wondering which apps delete messages?
I've been dating a guy about 4-5 months and I don't know seems like I frustrate him more now but he hold me more often....hes always gotten mad when I asked if hes cheating if he is hes good at hiding it I just want to know the truth seems relationships aren't worth the wondering anymore maybe I'm paranoid because so many exs have cheated?. I have tried: Looked through his phone but only when he has let me. I think it was caused by: My insecurity?
If a person has been cheated on in the past, they will have a difficult time trusting in a relationship. Do not let past actions of an ex boyfriend hinder your relationship now. It is not easy to overcome insecurity but it can be done. Value yourself above all else and treat it as his loss if he is cheating on you. Monitoring him non stop will only drive both of you crazy. Especially if he has done nothing. There are apps that do auto delete as well as he could have his text messages set to auto delete. However, he probably is not cheating on you. Instead you are transferring past relationship mistakes into your current relationship. Apologize to him and tell him that you are going to work on trusting him.
He today returned home and gave me his pant saying that in washroom his pant zip broke and then button... later I found there was a discharge mark on his pants too.... he has cheated me before too for around 4 and half year...m confused I have a daughter and we are married for two years now.... As said in this article I have noticed my husband before in my engagement and first year of marriage... in begining he use to be same as discribed here but then when I caught him three to four times he started behaving very natural and normal as if its only me in his life but again after four months I accidently read his one message through which I came to know that he was still cheating me... so now after what happed yesterday I am scared that is he again cheating on me...
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.