Familiarize the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Layout and the S Pen
Edited by Daniel, Maria, Eng
Did you just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note3 and still trying to familiarize what are the functions of the buttons on the phone, what does the S Pen, what you can do using the S Pen and so on. This is a simple article for you to know what are the functions of the buttons on your phone and so as with the S Pen. We all know that the Samsung Galaxy Note3 has a lot of versions that is the same as other Samsung Galaxy phone lines from the said brand. This is an elaboration on how you will be able to understand its features and the use of the S Pen.
- 1 The Front Panel Of The Phone
- 2 The Back Panel Of The Phone
- 3 Tips To Use The Buttons
- 4 The Samsung Galaxy Note3 S Pen
- 5 Replacing the S Pen's Nib
- 6 Air Command
- 7 Making a Memo Using S Pen
- 8 Making A Scrapbook
- 9 Making Screen Write
- 10 S Finder
- 11 Pen Window
- 12 Comments
The Front Panel Of The Phone
- 1Notification Light:The notification light usually indicates messages, missed called, someone is calling, low battery, charging and so on.Advertisement
- 2Ear Piece:This is where the voice comes out when you are taking calls or playing music.Advertisement
- 3Home Button:This button lets you go back to your home screen. While you are currently working on or playing a game and once you press this button, it will automatically go back to the home screen but the app will keep on running in the background.
- 4Menu Button:The Menu button will only function to some parts of the phone. Like while you are at the home screen, messages and so on.
- 5Microphone:This is used for conversation while you are on call to let the other person hear you.
- 6Multipurpose Jack:Also referred as charging port of the phone and USB
- 7Speaker:Used for hands free for putting the phone to a loud speaker.
- 8Back Button:Used to go back to the previous page
- 9Touch Screen:Your phone screen
- 10Power Button:Used to turn off and on the phone and also to set the phone screen to sleep and wake
- 11Front Camera:Used for taking pictures while the front panel of the phone faces you and not the back. This is an 8 MP front Camera
- 12Light, Proximity and Gesture Sensor:Used for gestures, light and proximity when you enable this feature
The Back Panel Of The Phone
- 1Ir LED:Infrared indicator of the phoneAdvertisement
- 2DPS Antenna:For Bluetooth, WiFi and so on.
- 3Rear Camera:Back camera with 14 MP
- 4Flash:Flash is used if the placed that you are taking picture is dark or dim.
- 5S Pen:It looks like a pen and to help you do multi task and writing like notes.
- 6Main Antenna:Main Antenna for the phone to receive signal from your network carrier using SIM Card.
- 7Back Cover:Protection for the back of the phone.
- 8Volume Button:For you to lower or increase the volume of the audio you are listening of the person you are talking on the other line.
- 9Headset Jack:Where you plug your earphones or headset with 3.55mm Jack
- 10Microphone for Speaker phone:This part of the phone is to receive phone sound to transmit to the other line.
Tips To Use The Buttons
- 1Press and hold the power button to turn on and off the phoneAdvertisement
- 2If the phone freezes due to error, press and hold the power button to restart the phone
- 3Press the power once and the phone screen will lock or the screen will go to sleep
- 1Tap to get addition options while you are in Messages, Email, Home Screen and so on
- 2Tap and hold the soft Menu key to launch the S finder
- 1Press once to go to the home screen
- 2Press and hold to open the recent applications that you were working with
The Samsung Galaxy Note3 S Pen
- 1The S Pen Button:Upon using the S Pen, you need to press and hold the button to be active
- 2The Spen Tip:Just like other regular pen, you need to tap the tip on the screen to perform the task you want.
Replacing the S Pen's Nib
If you keep on using the S Pen for multiple use and any other actions you were doing on the phone, there are some instances that the S Pen's nib would get dull and you have to replace it. Replacing the nib is just as easy as taking your gloves off your hand and putting it back in. See below"
- 2Use a "Tweezer" to hold the nib firmly then pull it out of the S Pen
- 4Do not use your old nibs or re-use them as it can damage the S Pen
- 5Do not put too much force upon inserting the nib in the S Pen
- 6Do not insert the round end of the S Pen's nib as it can damage
- 7Once the rubber has been worn, it is best that you replace it and stop using the S Pen for the mean time.
Don't get me wrong but this does not meant to use air commands using your Samsung Galaxy Note3. It is named as Air command as you are not touching the phone screen directly with your finders but using your S Pen to navigate or to select what is on your phone screen and so on. In order for you to have the Air Command on the screen, simply hover the S Pen to any part on screen and the Air command will be available. You can do the following task on your phone:
You can write your memo using the S Pen like a real pen and you can also add or select a drawing to insert in your memo.
Use your S Pen to select a portion of an image to save it in your Scrapbook
It is the same as you are making a screenshot on your phone
You can search any of your phone's contents, a wide variety of contents that can be searched.
Open multiple Windows on screen and drag the window to where you want it to reside
Making a Memo Using S Pen
- 1Launch the Air Command
- 2Using the S Pen, select create a Memo
- 3Us the S Pen and double tap any part of the screen to launch the Memo Pad
- 4To add like Contacts, Send Messages or adding contacts.Tap and hold the S Pen to the phone screen and draw like a circle to activate various actions.
Making A Scrapbook
Please note that the scrapbook feature for the Samsung Galaxy Note3 may not be available at some regions or country. This is due to exclusivity of the said phone model to a specific region or countries that will avail the feature.
- 1Go to the website or YouTube video that is currently playing on the phone
- 2Tap the Screen with your S Pen then select the Scrapbooker
- 3Draw a circle to the part where you want to include in the scrapbook then tap the check mark and everything till be save.You can also put a memo or you can put tags and the link will be included as well.
- 4To view the scrapbook or images that you made, go to the Apps then launch the scrapbook app to check all your collection.
Making Screen Write
Again, this is a screenshot for your phone only to where you want to take. This is not the same as the regular screenshot as you can edit the picture by putting in memo, write on it and so on. Let just say that you saw a picture of a cat that you find it so cute and you want to share it to your sister or mother with a little be of scribbled writings, then this suits your needs.
- 1Go to a website where you want to take a screenshot.Like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VisiHow and so on
- 2Once you found an interesting page that you want to take a screenshot, hover the S Pen to the phone screen and select the Screen Write then the phone will automatically take a screenshot.
- 3Write what you need to write on the picture and if you want to check the picture.Just go to your Gallery and open the Screenshot folder and check.
We admit that there are some instances that we cannot find the application that we want to use on the phone. More or less that we hide the application or you do not know where saved the file from your downloaded files on the phone. The S Finder will help you a lot to locate those files for better usage of the phone.
- 1Hove the S Pen then press the button any part of the phone
- 2Select the S Finder from the list of options
- 3Type the keyword or the name of the file you want to look for and tap search
- 4Check the results and view the file that you are looking for.
If you are a person who's time is pretty precious and do not want to spend it one at a time, then the Pen Windows is pretty good deal to your needs. Using the Pen window, you can simply create multiple Windows on your phone for you to Watch videos from YouTube, browse the internet, calling and any other stuff.
- 1Take the S Pen out of the phone
- 2Hover the S Pen to the phone screen (Anywhere) then press the button
- 3Select the Pen Window from the Air Command.Nothing will happen on your phone screen then draw a square to the size that you want for the other action
- 4Once you drew a square on your phone screen to the size that you want, select from the list of apps you want to launch and do the multiple task.You can create multiple Windows you want, as long as it will fit on screen.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Maria, Daniel