Factory Reset a Digital2 DII-D201208-10XX Tab
Edited by Grimm, Anonymous, ajay sharma, Eng
- 1 This article is part of our series on the Digital2 D2 Tablets. If you need help with a different device, please reference the parent guide.
- 2 How to Factory Reset Your Digital2 DII-D201208-10XX Tab
- 3 Updating the Firmware on your DII PAD DII-D201208XX
- 4 Tips and Suggestions for Factory Resetting Digital2 Tablets
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
This article is part of our series on the Digital2 D2 Tablets. If you need help with a different device, please reference the parent guide.
How to Factory Reset Your Digital2 DII-D201208-10XX Tab
Follow these steps to reset the DII-D201208-10XX Tab to it's factory default state.
The DII-PAD was one of the first budget tablets released by Digital2. It's low cost, and not particularly feature packed by modern standards, but it does get the job done on a shoestring. The only real problem for those willing to work within it's framework, is the difficulty involved in performing a Factory Reset. Like most other D2 tabs, this one has a seemingly random set of button sequences to reset it. The guide below will show you how to complete a Factory Reset of your Digital2 DII-D201209, or DII-D201210 Tab.
- Digital2 DII-D201208 users need to update their OS firmware, discussed in the next section.
- 1Shut down your DII TabletAdvertisement
- 2Make sure it is completely finished shutting off before proceeding.Advertisement
- 3Press the 'Volume UP', 'Volume Down', and 'Power' buttons all at the same time, and do not release them.
- 4Continue pressing them until you see a blue screen on your device.
- 5When you see the blue screen, you should release all three buttons.
- 6Use the 'Volume Down' button to navigate to the 'wipe data/Factory Reset' option.
- 7Press the 'Power' button to select the 'wipe data/Factory Reset' option.
- 8Use the 'Volume Down' button to navigate to the 'Yes - delete all user data' option.
- 9Press the 'Power' button to select the 'Yes - delete all user data' option.
- 10Reboot the system, and wait a few minutes for the Factory Reset to complete.
- If these steps do not work, you will need to install the latest firmware, as described in the next section.
Updating the Firmware on your DII PAD DII-D201208XX
If you have a D208, or if you are having problems, you'll need to update the firmware.
If you're having problems getting your device updated, or you need help finding the firmware for your Digital2 Tablet, this section will help you.
- 1Navigate to the Digital2 Website, and navigate to Products -> D2 Pad 7" Tablets -> Legacy ->DII PADAdvertisement
- 3This will take you to the 'Downloads' page, where you'll be able to choose your computer's operating system, the firmware version according to your device, and watch a video tutorial if you prefer.Advertisement
- You can jump right to the DII 208 PDF instructions with this link.
- You can jump right to the DII 209 PDF instructions with this link.
Tips and Suggestions for Factory Resetting Digital2 Tablets
The following tips will help reset your D2 Android Tab to it's factory default state.
- Make sure your device is fully charged. Losing power part way through resetting an Android device to a factory default state can leave your device in an unrecoverable state.
- Back up your data. Any information on your D2 Tablet will be deleted when you perform a Factory Reset.
- Do not plug in or unplug your device to any power or USB ports while you are performing a factory restore, unless you have been specifically instructed to do so by alternate instructions from Digital2.
Questions and Answers
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: ajay sharma, Anonymous, Grimm