Factory Reset a Digital2 D2-711 Tablet
Edited by Grimm, Anonymous, Launa, Calob Horton and 1 other
- 1 This article is part of our series on the Digital2 D2 Tablets. If you need help with a different device, please reference the parent guide.
- 2 How to Factory Reset Your Digital2 D2-711 7" Tablet
- 3 Tips and Suggestions for Factory Resetting Digital2 Tablets
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
This article is part of our series on the Digital2 D2 Tablets. If you need help with a different device, please reference the parent guide.
How to Factory Reset Your Digital2 D2-711 7" Tablet
Follow these steps to reset the D2711 to it's factory default state.
One of the earlier models, the D2-711 7-Inch Tablet was an early contender for budget devices catering to larger families, or families who didn't want to spend a mint on tablets. If you have one of these tablets, you've probably discovered that they are not able to be reset like a traditional Android device, such as the a Galaxy Note II, or the LG G Pad. This guide will show you how to perform a Factory Reset of your Digital2 711 Tablet.
- 1Power down your D2 Tablet.Advertisement
- 2Once you have turned it off, Press and hold the 'Volume Down' button, and the 'Volume Up' button, at the same time.Advertisement
- 3Continuing to hold down both Volume buttons, now press and hold the 'Power' button.
- 4Keep holding these three buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- 5Continue pressing all three buttons, and you'll see an Android logo that appears.
- 6When the Android logo changes into a broken Android robot, you can release the buttons.
- 7You should now see the 'Android System Recovery' selection screen.
- 8Using the 'Volume Down' button, scroll to 'wipe data/Factory Reset'.
- 9Press the 'Power' button to select the 'wipe data/Factory Reset' option.
- 10Using the 'Volume Down' button, scroll to 'Yes - delete all user data'.
- 11Press the 'Power' button to select the 'Yes - delete all user data' option.
- 12Your device will now begin the Factory Reset process, which will take several minutes to complete.When it is done, you will be able to use your D2 Tablet again.Advertisement
Tips and Suggestions for Factory Resetting Digital2 Tablets
The following tips will help reset your D2 Android Tab to it's factory default state.
- Make sure your device is fully charged. Losing power part way through resetting an Android device to a factory default state can leave your device in an unrecoverable state.
- Back up your data. Any information on your D2 Tablet will be deleted when you perform a Factory Reset.
- Do not plug in or unplug your device to any power or USB ports while you are performing a factory restore, unless you have been specifically instructed to do so by alternate instructions from Digital2.
Questions and Answers
How do I Hard Reset an Astro Queo A711 Android tablet?
I forgot my pattern and my tablet is requesting a Gmail account which I entered to no avail. What can I do next?
If you entered your Google account but it your Astro Queo A711 Android tablet but it didn't unlock, you may be entering incorrect information. Go to this Google website to try to recover the correct Google account information. If you recover your information, enter it into your Android tablet. Your tablet will then unlock to allow you to remove or change the lockscreen pattern to something you can remember. If you are unable to retrieve the correct information for your Google account, however, you will need to perform a Factory Reset on your device. Factory reset procedures vary slightly from Android device to Android device, but the instructions in this great VisiHow guide cover the most common procedure, which should work for your tablet. Depending on the hardware buttons that your tablet has, you may need to refer to the list below to boot your tablet into its recovery mode:
- Volume Up + Camera button.
- Volume Down + Power button.
- Volume Up + Power button.
- Volume Up + Home + Power button.
- Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button.
- Home + Camera button.
- Home + Power button.
If you are unable to boot your tablet into its recovery mode using the key combinations listed above, or if you are unable to complete the Factory Reset process on your Astro Queo A711 Android tablet, you will need to contact Astro Queo customer support line to speak to a customer service representative who can help you get your tablet into its recovery mode so you can perform a Factory Reset to use your tablet again. If the customer service representative you speak to is unable to help you over the phone, they will be able to schedule a repair or replacement for your device to unlock it. Depending on your warranty status, you may or may not have to pay for the repairs or replacement; however, since you are the one who forgot your password, you will more than likely have to pay for the repair or replacement.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Calob Horton, Launa, Anonymous