Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz
If you are working very hard the whole year, why not take a week break and treat yourself to a good vacation trip? Reggae, nice beaches, Bob Marley, colorful Rastacaps - these are just a few of the cool things that we think of when we talk about Jamaica.
Should you decide to try Jamaica, make sure that you prepare well for this. Check out some ways that you can fully enjoy your Jamaica vacation.
Things to Do When in Jamaica
- 1Visit the Bob Marley Museum.Advertisement
- 3Strawberry Hill Resort.
- 4Rick's Café.
- 5Canopy Tour.
- 6River Rafting.
These are just a few of the nice places that you can enjoy when in Jamaica. Remember to carry your cameras and video cameras with you so you would not be missing any of your new experiences.
Basic Things to Prepare When Going to Jamaica
Jamaica is known for very nice beaches and there are indeed a lot of activities that you can do whenever you are there for vacation. Therefore, all you would like to do when you're there is to enjoy as much as you can and you would not like to be bothered by things that you have forgotten or that you failed to prepare. This is where good preparation comes in. The better prepared you are, the more you will have a stress-free vacation.
- 1While spontaneous trips are also sometimes nice to experience, you still should not fully rely on being 100% spontaneous. You do not really have to plan out everything and you can still leave some room for adjustments, but at least list down some sort of a structure for your trip. You should have an idea what type of place you want to go to and what type of activities you are interested to do. This should be able to provide you with some basic guidelines on what you trip will look like.Itinerary.Advertisement
- 2As you plan your itinerary, planning and making the necessary bookings for your accommodations will relieve you from a lot of hassle. Also, doing this may be able to give you some comfort in other things. For example, you will be able to get free airport pickups if you already know which hotel you are staying in. Most hotels provide that kind of service. In other words, you will be able to maximize these free services when you plan actively for your trip.Accommodation.
- 3If it is your first time to go to Jamaica, a map or a travel guide will be very useful. What is important to see in these guides would be the places that are highly recommended to visit. You definitely would not want to miss out on a place, just because you didn't know you were already near that place or didn't even have an idea that place actually existed in Jamaica.Map or travel guide.
- 4Roaming may be rather expensive and you cannot always rely on WiFi when you travel and keep moving around. Therefore, make sure that as you arrive in the airport, you buy the prepaid SIM cards sold at the counters. Although you are not expected to stay on the phone for so long during your trip, you will find it handy in case there are emergencies or in case you need to make a phone call to inquire about something.Local SIM card.Advertisement
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Maria Sharon Ubando