Encrypt the HTC One M8 Handset
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, rgodwin, Eng
You're watching VisiHow! This is a tutorial on how to encrypt the HTC One M8 phone so that no one but you can view or see the data on your phone.
- 16One tap on the check box will let us know that in order to encrypt our phone, we are going to have our phone connected to a charger. This is owing to encrypting our accounts, settings, and other information is process that needs to complete without an interruption. If our phone is only partially encrypted, and the battery dies, or our phone is not connected otherwise to the power source that results in an interruption, we can create a very serious problem for our phone, which some people refer to as "bricking" the phone. We will require a technician to repair the phone.To protect content on this phone with a password and encryption, let's tap the check box next to "Phone storage encryption".
- 17Our phone has been plugged into the charger. The battery icon at the top-right section of the screen indicates that the charge is currently coming into the phone. We must notice that the process is irreversible, and it will take an hour or more to encrypt our phone. We will not be able to use the phone during this time. We will need to keep our phone encrypted and plugged in until the encryption process is completed. If we interrupt the encryption process, we will lose some or all of the data. The only way to decrypt our phone is with a factory data reset, which will erase all of the data from the phone.Let's plug our phone so that we are not subject to that concern.
- 25That way, we would work with a clean phone with no restored data on it. Then, we can encrypt the phone, and we can move back the information easily and have only the things that we want on the phone encrypted without, for example, encrypting such items as Angry Birds, Clash of Clans, or Celtic Tribes.It is always recommended that if a phone is to be encrypted, then a Factory Reset of the phone should be performed before the phone is encrypted.
- 30Should we fail this action within 30 attempts, the device data will be deleted. This will happen when the phone is restarted after the encryption. For example, in order to enter the passcode, the number sign on the virtual keyboard is tapped. The password "1234" is entered.Once the phone is restarted, we will be asked to enter our password in order to get into the phone.
- 36It will take us into the phone. We will be able to use and access our phone as normal.Once we've tapped it in, tap the enter button.Advertisement
Video: Encrypt the HTC One M8 Handset
Questions and Answers
I'm following the steps and I'm connected to a charger yet the NEXT button is greyed out and unable to be used. The article doesn't cover the option of not being able to use the NEXT button. I have tried: Restarting the phone twice. I think it was caused by: It's a new phone other than that, no idea.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Encrypt the HTC One M8 Handset. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Encrypt_the_HTC_One_M8_Handset
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Encrypt the HTC One M8 Handset." VisiHow, visihow.com/Encrypt_the_HTC_One_M8_Handset Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Encrypt the HTC One M8 Handset." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Encrypt_the_HTC_One_M8_Handset.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: rgodwin, Alexander Avdeev, Grimm