Encrypt an SD Card on HTC One M8
Edited by Grimm, Gordon, Eng
Hello, you are watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to encrypt an SD card on a HTC One M8.
- 7An alternative method of accessing the Storage settings is to access Settings through the Apps menu.From the home screen, tap the Applications icon at the bottom of the screen, in the middle. This will bring up the Apps menu. Tap the Settings icon, which appears as a gear symbol, to open the Settings menu. Scroll down and tap "Storage" to open the Storage settings.
- 9Check the box next to "Encrypt SD card content" to encrypt the content on the phone's SD card.Encrypting the content will prevent any other phone from accessing the SD card. Once the box has been checked, you will receive a notification that only those files added after encryption will be encrypted. Any files that are already saved on the SD card will not be encrypted. To encrypt files that are already on the card, move the files off the SD card, encrypt the card, and then move the files back onto the encrypted SD card.
- 15When prompted, tap "OK" to disable lock screen previews, or "CANCEL" to leave them enabled.Once lock screen security has been enabled, there will be a prompt asking whether or not to hide message previews, missed call previews and/or private contacts' names and photos for incoming calls on the lock screen. To disable these lock screen previews, tap "OK". To leave the lock screen previews enabled, tap "CANCEL".
- 18Tap "ENABLE ENCRYPTION" to begin the process of encrypting the card.There will be another notification that the encrypted files on the SD card can only be used by the phone that is completing the encryption. The SD card will be temporarily unavailable during the encryption process. During the process, you will be returned to the Storage settings, where the SD card settings will be grayed out, indicating it is unavailable. The SD card settings will remain grayed out until it is ready to be used again.
- 20This concludes the tutorial on how to encrypt an SD card on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Encrypt an SD card on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Gordon, Grimm