Encrypt an SD Card on HTC One M8
Edited by Grimm, Gordon, Eng
Hello, you are watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to encrypt an SD card on a HTC One M8.
- 7From the home screen, tap the Applications icon at the bottom of the screen, in the middle. This will bring up the Apps menu. Tap the Settings icon, which appears as a gear symbol, to open the Settings menu. Scroll down and tap "Storage" to open the Storage settings.An alternative method of accessing the Storage settings is to access Settings through the Apps menu.
- 9Encrypting the content will prevent any other phone from accessing the SD card. Once the box has been checked, you will receive a notification that only those files added after encryption will be encrypted. Any files that are already saved on the SD card will not be encrypted. To encrypt files that are already on the card, move the files off the SD card, encrypt the card, and then move the files back onto the encrypted SD card.Check the box next to "Encrypt SD card content" to encrypt the content on the phone's SD card.
- 15Once lock screen security has been enabled, there will be a prompt asking whether or not to hide message previews, missed call previews and/or private contacts' names and photos for incoming calls on the lock screen. To disable these lock screen previews, tap "OK". To leave the lock screen previews enabled, tap "CANCEL".When prompted, tap "OK" to disable lock screen previews, or "CANCEL" to leave them enabled.
- 18There will be another notification that the encrypted files on the SD card can only be used by the phone that is completing the encryption. The SD card will be temporarily unavailable during the encryption process. During the process, you will be returned to the Storage settings, where the SD card settings will be grayed out, indicating it is unavailable. The SD card settings will remain grayed out until it is ready to be used again.Tap "ENABLE ENCRYPTION" to begin the process of encrypting the card.
- 20If you have any questions or comments about this video, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to encrypt an SD card on an HTC One M8.Advertisement
Video: Encrypt an SD card on HTC One M8
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Encrypt an SD Card on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Encrypt_an_SD_Card_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Encrypt an SD Card on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Encrypt_an_SD_Card_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 29 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Encrypt an SD Card on HTC One M8." Accessed Apr 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Encrypt_an_SD_Card_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Gordon, Grimm