Enable or Disable Website Cookies Being Saved and Read in Google Chrome on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Ash0hley, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on and off the option to allow websites to save and read cookies in Google Chrome on an HTC One M8.
- 4In this folder, we need to find the Google Chrome application.Mine is located here. We can see the Google Chrome icon, which is a circle made up of different colors. Underneath, it says the word "Chrome". Our Google Chrome application may be in different positions in this folder. Therefore, we will need to find it. Once we've done that, press down on it, to enter the application.
- 9We want the option near the top that says, "Cookies".It has the icon of a cookie next to it. Underneath, it says, "Allowed". That means that this option is currently selected. Press down on this section. We want the first option at the top. It says, "Cookies: Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)." This is recommended because many sites will not work properly if we don't allow them to save and read cookie data. We won't be able to access things; they may not work properly. It can make it difficult for us to use websites if we don't allow them to save and read cookies. Currently, the option is activated; the icon beside it is blue.
- 10If we want to deactivate this option and block all cookies, then press down on the icon.It will give us more anonymity, and there will be less data collected about us. The icon will turn gray, and underneath cookies will say "Block all sites." This means that no site will be able to share or read cookies.
- 12This then, concludes our tutorial on how to turn on and off the option to allow websites to save and read cookies on the Google Chrome application while using the HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process you've seen in this video, then please leave them in the "Comments" section below. We shall answer them for you.Advertisement
Video: Enable or Disable Website Cookies Being Saved and Read in Google Chrome on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.