Enable or Disable Search Engine Links to Facebook Timeline on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Anonymous
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on and off the option for search engines to show links to your timeline in Facebook on the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 9We need to tap "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?" Underneath, there is "Yes", indicating that the option above is selected.What this means is that if we go to a search engine, and we type in our address or name, then it is going to link us to our timeline. If we turn the option off, the search engine won't do that.
- 10To turn the "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?" option off, tap the section.We'll be taken to a new page that will say: "Do you want other search engines to link to your Timeline? Please note: When this setting is on, it is easier for other search engines to link to your timeline in search results. If you turn off this setting, it may take a while for search engines to stop showing the link to your timeline in their results." There is also the "Let other search engines link to your timeline" option. There is a check, indicating that the option is selected. What the option does is when it is turned on, it allows people to search for us. It makes easier for people to find us. We may not want to be so easily found. If we want someone to find us in Facebook, then we normally give him our name. He just can type your name in Facebook. The person might be searching for you, but you do not want to be found.
- 11If we do not want to be found through search engines by other people, we can turn this option off.To do that, we tap the "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?" section. The check will disappear. We'll be taken to the section where Facebook will say, "Are you sure that you want to disable public search. When real world friends look for you using a search engine, this setting makes it possible for them to see a preview of your Facebook timeline (containing only info that's public). If you continue, friends may not know if it's really you." We have to be aware of this.
- 14If we want to change back "Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline?" at any time, we just come to this page and tap the option.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on how to turn on and off the option for search engines to show links to your timeline in Facebook on the Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions, comments, or queries regarding this video or about the process that you have witnessed in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you.
Video: Enable or Disable Search Engine Links to Facebook Timeline on Microsoft Lumia 535
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.