Enable or Disable Ringtone Volume for Notifications on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Ash0hley, Eng, eagletracker1 and 1 other
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on or off the option to use the ringtone volume for notifications on an HTC One M8.
- 8It says here, "Use ringtone volume for notifications".In this video, we are going to learn how to use the ringtone volume for notifications. The option is currently selected. There's a white check inside of a green box. When we receive a notification, it will use the same volume as we have for ringtone and notifications. This may not be what some people want, as with the ringtones, they are longer. If someone phones us, we have more of a chance to hear the ringtone, even if it's not so loud. We have a better chance of hearing it even at a lower volume. A notification is very quick. It's often a small one, two, or three-second sound. We may miss it since the notification is so short. Therefore, having a louder notification volume can be quite useful.
- 10Now, we can choose a different volume for our notifications.We will see a bar that is green and gray with a circle in the middle. Press down anywhere we like on this bar, and it will decide the volume. Low to the left, high to the right. We should choose what is best for us. Now our "Notifications" volume is different to that of our "Ringtone" volume.
- 11If however, we do want the "Ringtone" volume to be the same as our "Notification" volume, then press down on the box.There will now be a check mark and the option on the bottom will disappear. We can again find "Notifications" at the top with "Ringtone". If we want to separate them, press on the box again, and remove the check.
- 12This then, concludes our tutorial on how to turn on or off the option to use the ringtone volume for notifications on the HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process you've seen in this video, then please leave them in the "Comments" section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow and goodbye!Advertisement
Video: Enable or Disable Ringtone Volume for Notifications on HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
Ringtone and Notification Volumes can't be separated anymore?
Up until this week, my settings had a separate volume control line for ringtones and notifications. There was never a check box like this article, just 2 distinct options. Suddenly they are combined on one line. There is no check box to separate them out either. What happened and can it be changed back?. I have tried: Checked settings. I think it was caused by: Perhaps a software update
This was, indeed, a software update that caused this. You can only install a third-party program to take control of your volume fully now. Take a look at these:
- Volume Control Widget;
- Volume Control;
- Volume Control +.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: eagletracker1, Eng, Ash0hley