Enable or Disable Extreme Power Saving Mode for HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, charms, Eng and 1 other
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on or off the extreme power-saving mode on the HTC One M8.
- 10Above it, there is "Power saver", a function to save power. We can extrapolate that "Extreme power saving mode" is a more serious function, and it is going to do a lot of things to help us extend the battery life. As it says, it will "Put phone in extreme power saving mode to extend battery life".We have to find the "Extreme power saving mode" option.
- 11It is currently turned off in the video. The toggle has the word "OFF" and is in gray color. If we tap it, then it will say "ON" and have a green bar to it. Before the phone switches to the extreme power-saving mode, the device is going to ask us a question.If we want to turn on the function, we have to tap the icon next to the words.
- 12The phone will say something to us by showing a text box, which will have more information about this extreme power-saving mode. It says "Turning on extreme power saving mode extends battery life by turning off data connection when screen is off, only allowing essential apps to run, plus many other things". Then it says "Learn more" in blue.Let's tap the "Extreme power saving mode" toggle.
- 13The option will tell us exactly what it does. This function only allows phone, messages, mail, calendar, calculator, and clock to run; it reduces brightness and turns off vibration feedback; it turns off the data connection when the screen is off; it turns off Bluetooth, locations, Auto Sync, Motion Launch, and pedometer; it turns off notifications. We can see that it does a lot of things, and those are quite severe. They are going to affect and limit how we can use our phone very much. Therefore, if we need to save battery, then this sacrifice is worthwhile.We tap "Learn more".
- 15We are going to tap the icon to turn it on again. It's going to take us back to the text box, but now we are going to tap "OK". It's possible to get rid of the text box by checking "Don't show this again". If we press the check box, we won't see this information box again. We are going to leave it because it is useful for us.Let's turn on the "Extreme power saving mode" option again.
- 16Now, it will take us to a very different mode. The screen will show what is available on our phone. The extreme power-saving mode has reduced brightness and taken away all the color and light, which saves a lot of battery. It has closed a lot of applications, and we cannot use them. We can only use the basic functions on the screen, and it is radically different. If we want to get out of this mode, we have to tap the "Exit" icon in the bottom right-hand corner. It is a circle with red color inside and a white cross. If we tap this, we are going back to the normal mode. This is what extreme power-saving mode looks like. It is going to save us a lot of power.We either check or uncheck "Don't show this again" and tap "OK".
- 17The icon is the circle with the white "X" inside. The phone is going to take us back into the normal mode and say "Turning off extreme power saving mode..."Tap the "Exit" icon.Advertisement
Video: Enable or Disable Extreme Power Saving Mode for HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
Power saving icon disabled in the quick menu how to reactivate it?. I have tried: Power saving icon disabled in the quick menu how to reactivate it?. I think it was caused by: I do not know
Please follow the tutorial on how to add new items to quick settings on HTC One M8 to find out how to enable your Power Saving icon in the quick menu.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Enable or Disable Extreme Power Saving Mode for HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Enable_or_Disable_Extreme_Power_Saving_Mode_for_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Enable or Disable Extreme Power Saving Mode for HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Enable_or_Disable_Extreme_Power_Saving_Mode_for_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Enable or Disable Extreme Power Saving Mode for HTC One M8." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Enable_or_Disable_Extreme_Power_Saving_Mode_for_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: Eng, charms, Alexander Avdeev