Enable or Disable Application Installation from Unknown Sources on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Courtney, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on or off the option to allow installation of applications from unknown sources on an HTC One M8.
- 14We can see that the box to the right of this option is currently green, with a white check mark inside of it.This means that right now, this option is turned on. We are currently allowing the installation of applications from unknown sources. This can be slightly dangerous, if we do not know the source of the application then we do not know who has made it and we have no guarantees about it. We will not know if it contains virus' or is protected, or what it is actually going to do to our phone. It is a lot safer to install applications from sources that we know and trust.
- 15If we want to turn this option off, simply press down on the green box until the checkmark is gone.When the option is turned off this box with be transparent, with a gray outline. This now has deactivated this option, any application from an unknown source will not be allowed to be installed on our HTC One M8.
- 17This is going to bring up a dialog box, titled with the word "Warning".This is letting us know that our phone and personal data are more vulnerable to attack by apps from unknown sources, and that we agree that we are solely responsible for any damage to our phone or loss of data that may result from using these applications.
- 19This then concludes our tutorial on how to turn on or off the option to allow installation of applications from unknown sources on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you.Advertisement
Video: Enable or Disable Application Installation from Unknown Sources on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Courtney, Thor