Enable Touch ID and Resolve the Glitch on iPhone with iOS 7.1
Edited by Melsan, Alma, Eng, Maria
Did you know that the iPhone 5S came with iOS 7.1 which has a feature called Touch ID? Basically, it is a security feature of the phone, but still it uses your fingerprint as a password or pass-code. Your phone screen can detect your fingerprint through it's sensor and register it which will lock and unlock the phone. You can also use it to authorize your purchases from your App store and iTunes store or even your E-books. However, there is an issue or should I call it a "glitch". The glitch from your iPhone 5S can be resolved if you encounter the issue.
The error only exists to those who have updated there iOS version to 7.1 but not all consumers encounter this problem. The problem exists after the update that the fingerprints that have been registered are no longer registered or the phone could no longer detect it. Several complaints from Apple owners have tried almost all of the steps, but failed to resolve it, this article will help you to enable the fingerprint on your phone and resolve the "Touch ID" issue if you encounter it.
Enabling Touch ID
- 1On your iPhone 5S, go to your "Settings"Advertisement
- 2After the Settings, Tap on the "General" and then the Passcode and FingerprintAdvertisement
- 3You need to turn on the Passcode then you are required to enter a four digit pass-code, twice.
- 4Tap on the "Fingerprint" then select the "Add Fingerprint"
- 5Once you scan your fingerprint and feel a vibration, you need to lift your finger, then repeat up to 6 timesYou can use any of your fingers to be registered to unlock your iOS on to the home screen.
- 6If you want to add more fingerprints or register, then do the same procedure on how you enable it.Once you see a successful on your phone screen, tap on "Continue" After the process, your pass-code using your fingerprint will now be enabled on phone for purchasing on iTunes and any other.
Resolving Touch ID Issue on iOS 7.1
- 1You can find these settings in the Touch ID & Password from your settingsUnlock the phone using your pass-code.Advertisement
- 2By simply going to:You need to remove the saved fingerprint and add them back.
- Tap on Settings
- Go to "Touch ID & Passcode" and enter the password/ pass-code you have.
- Tap on the registered fingerprint and delete the fingerprint
- 3You need to create a new oneAfter you remove the fingerprint from the list of registered fingerprints.Advertisement
If you still encounter the same problem that it was not registered or not showing on the phone, you can restore the latest backup you made on the phone to your computer using iTunes to overwrite what you currently have. If you still have the same problem which could have been resolved by following the steps, unfortunately, you need to wait for Apple's next update release with fix patch.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Enable Touch ID and Resolve the Glitch on iPhone with iOS 7.1. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Enable_Touch_ID_and_Resolve_the_Glitch_on_iPhone_with_iOS_7.1
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Enable Touch ID and Resolve the Glitch on iPhone with iOS 7.1." VisiHow, visihow.com/Enable_Touch_ID_and_Resolve_the_Glitch_on_iPhone_with_iOS_7.1 Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Enable Touch ID and Resolve the Glitch on iPhone with iOS 7.1." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Enable_Touch_ID_and_Resolve_the_Glitch_on_iPhone_with_iOS_7.1.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Alma, Melsan