Enable Tethering on iPhone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, vc
If you want to take advantage of your iPhone's unlimited data plan, you can share your iPhone's internet connection to your PC or any device supported by tethering. Tethering allows you to share internet connection from one device to another device without incurring additional charges. If you are interested with this, please follow on the procedures below.
- 1iTunes should detect if your phone is on the latest OS and allows you to upgrade to the latest one available for your device.Update your iPhone's operating system.Advertisement
- 2Should you need help in activation, you may call your customer service representative.Make sure that you have a data plan or have enough credits to access data connection.Advertisement
- 3Depending on your country and carrier, some network companies charges extra cash for hotspot enabling while others give it together with the mobile data package.
- 4You may need to check which is a preferable connection on your side.iPhone 3GS can tether via USB or Bluetooth while iPhone 4 can tether via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.
- 5To access it go to Settings > General Network > Personal Hotspot.You need to open and access the Personal Hotspot menu.
- 6Turn on the hotspot.
- 7Your iPhone screen should provide you the instructions on how to connect your computer to your iPhone.
- 8Connect the computer and your iPhone either through Bluetooth or through the USB cable.
- 9You can manage and see connections from there.The Personal Hotspot screen will show all the devices connected to your iPhone 3GS.