Enable Tethering on iPhone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Anonymous
If you want to take advantage of your iPhone's unlimited data plan, you can share your iPhone's internet connection to your PC or any device supported by tethering. Tethering allows you to share internet connection from one device to another device without incurring additional charges. If you are interested with this, please follow on the procedures below.
- 1Update your iPhone's operating system.iTunes should detect if your phone is on the latest OS and allows you to upgrade to the latest one available for your device.Advertisement
- 2Make sure that you have a data plan or have enough credits to access data connection.Should you need help in activation, you may call your customer service representative.Advertisement
- 3Depending on your country and carrier, some network companies charges extra cash for hotspot enabling while others give it together with the mobile data package.
- 4iPhone 3GS can tether via USB or Bluetooth while iPhone 4 can tether via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.You may need to check which is a preferable connection on your side.
- 5You need to open and access the Personal Hotspot menu.To access it go to Settings > General Network > Personal Hotspot.
- 6Turn on the hotspot.
- 7Your iPhone screen should provide you the instructions on how to connect your computer to your iPhone.
- 8Connect the computer and your iPhone either through Bluetooth or through the USB cable.
- 9The Personal Hotspot screen will show all the devices connected to your iPhone 3GS.You can manage and see connections from there.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Leomar Umpad