Edit the Advertisements and Friends Option in Facebook for Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to edit the "Adverts and Friends" option in Facebook on the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 10We tap the "Adverts and Friends" option to open up the "Ads and Friends" page.This page has information about exactly what the option is. The information says, "Everyone wants to know what their friends like. That's why we pair ads and friends - an easy way to find products and services you are interested in, based on what your friends share and like." There are also some facts about this function that say:
- Social ads show and advertiser's messages alongside actions you have taken, such as liking a Page
- Your privacy settings apply to social ads
- We don't sell your information to advertisers
- Only confirmed friends can see your actions alongside an ad
- If a photo is used, it is your profile photo and not from your photo albums
- 11If we scroll down, we can see two options at the bottom.To clarify the function of the options, we can say that if we see an advertisement on Facebook and tap it or interact with it, then Facebook is going to inform our friends that we have interacted with, used, or watched that advertisement. This can be good and bad. For example, one of our friends on Facebook might tap an advertisement for a dating web site. Now, when we see the advertisement for the dating web site, we will see the name of the friend next to it. He will be marked as a person who has used that web site, application, or service. We would not be sure whether he did not want people to know that he was using that. Maybe he did not realize that his name will be associated with the advertisement. Currently the "Only my friends" option is turned on, because the blue check is next to it. If we go to an advertisement, then our friends will see that we've tapped that advertisement.
- 12We can turn this the "Only my friends" option off by tapping "No one".If we tap an advertisement, then no one will see that we've tapped that advertisement. If we want to change the option, we tap the box. As we can see, the blue check will move to the "No one" box. We've successfully changed the option.
- 13If we want to change the "Adverts and Friends" option back at any time, we just tap the other box.Tap "Only my friends" to check it. This will activate the option.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on how to edit the "Adverts and Friends" option in Facebook on the Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions, comments, or queries regarding this video or about the process that you have witnessed in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow! Goodbye!