Edit and Update Galaxy S2 Firmware
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Eng, Lynn, lsim and 2 others
There are tips and and tricks on how to update Galaxy S2 Firmware to get the better enhancement. Get the improved features and enjoy more from your phone. Samsung has made advances to its Jelly Bean firmware. From being Android 4.1.2 XWLSN, Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S2 19100 Samsung has now released the Android XWLSS. The manual for download and installation of the latest firmware is now available, credited by renowned XDA Recognized developer and Contributor SamMobile (to provide the download link) and Faryaab (for uploading the link). The release of the firmware is exclusively for the Europe region only, including the Nordic countries. The firmware is unbranded, has no useless apps, and is bloatware-free.
- 1 Install Android 4.1.2 XWLSS Jelly Bean Firmware on the Galaxy S2
- 2 Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1 to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 "Hercules"
- 3 Tips
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Install Android 4.1.2 XWLSS Jelly Bean Firmware on the Galaxy S2
- 1Download Android 4.1.2 XWLSS Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S2 on your PC and extract the zip file.Advertisement
- 2Download ODIN, which is required for installing the official firmware on your device.Advertisement
- 3Then press the Power button again to verify progress into Download Mode.Switch off the device and restart it into Download Mode through pressing and holding Home and Power buttons and Volume Down, until the Android robot icon with a triangle displays on the screen.
- 4Open ODIN on the PC and connect the phone unto it while the phone is on Download Mode.
- 5COM boxes will appear yellow along with the COM port number. This process may be take five to seven minutes to complete.When the phone is connected, one of the ID:
- 6Select the files that require being installed or flashed on the phone, that can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- 7Click the 'PDA' checkbox and select the file name '.md5' or '.tar'.
- 8Ignore if the file is missing.Tap the "Phone" checkbox and select the file name 'MODEM'.
- 9Ignore if the file does not exist.Click the 'CSC' checkbox and choose the file name 'CSC'.
- 10Ignore if the file is nonexistent.Click the 'PIT' checkbox and choose the .pit file.
- 11Reset Time and the Auto Reboot option by clicking the checkboxes. The Re-Partition option must be clicked only if a .PIT file is selected in the previous step.In ODIN, activate F.
- 12Lastly, when the home screen displays, disconnect the Galaxy S2 phone from the computer.Once the firmware is installed, the Galaxy phone will automatically restart.
- 13To verify the installation of firmware version, go to "Settings", and then "About Phone". To Galaxy users who want to try the firmware but are not a supported carrier or are located in non-European countries, they should try to change their country's CSC code as given as follows. Directions for manually changing the CSC code to your country (non-European regions):And Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XWLSS firmware update.
- 14Download Samsung Galaxy S/S2 CSC app from Google Play Store.
- 15Launch Samsung Galaxy S/S2 CSC app.
- 16Press Change CSC button.
- 17Choose the CSC for your country.
- 18Press Install button (be reminded that changing CSC wipes APN, package customization and carrier related data on your device).
- 19The procedure enables the user to change the CSC code of the phone and install the firmware from a different region.European Galaxy S2 users may also try to update their CSC code to be compatible with their country, if they are having issues with receiving official updates through OTA or Samsung Kies.
For Jelly Bean JZ054K in Galaxy S2:
- 1Unzip the file.
- 2Then launch ODIN 3.04 or 1.85.
- 3Reboot the phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume Down)
- 4Connect the phone and wait until a yellow sign in ODIN appears.
- 5Add I9100XXLSJ_ I9100OXXLS1_I9100XXLS6_HOME.tar to PDA.
- 6Add phone/modem file.
- 7Add CSC.
- 8The re-partition must ticked if pit file has been selected.
- 9Start flash, and wait for few minutes.
- 10Features to expect are:
- 11Samsung's Cloud services
- 12Smooth buttery performance and nice stability (credits from Project Butter)
- 13New TouchWiz Nature UX (Similar UI with that of the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III)
- 14New widgets form the Galaxy S III
- 15Direct call, pop-up play and smart stay features
- 16Two home screen modes
- 17Google now
- 18New notifications bar
- Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZ05K (Jelly Bean)
- CSC: I9100OXXLS1
- PDA: 19100XXLSJ
- Changelist: 462349
- MODEM: I9100XXLS6
- Build Date: 6th November 2012
Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1 to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 "Hercules"
The directions are as follows:
- 1The entire instructions can be seen here.Download install Samsung Kies to your Mac or Window PC.Advertisement
- 2Scroll through the Kies icon and open the application.
- 3Plug the micro USB cable into the USB end and T -Mobile S2 to your computer.
- 4Wait for Samsung Kies to identify the device.
- 5Click Update to start the process.Kies will prompt a software update telling it is ready for your device.
- 6Now choose Allow Saving, and then Start Upgrade.
- 7After several minutes a pop-up will appear, telling that the software upgrade is complete. And then your device will probably restart.Kies will install the update automatically.
- 8You have completely installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2.And you're done.Advertisement
- XWLSS official firmware and directions given are limited to the international variant Galaxy S2 19100 model only and cannot work on other devices. Confirm the device's model number by going to "Settings" then "About phone".
- Back up important settings and data on phone using one of the custom recovery tools such as TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM), and it produces a complete image of the existing phone setup.
- The phone must have a minimum of 80 percent of battery charge to avoid unexpected phone shutdown (due to empty battery) while installing the firmware, as this will damage or brick the phone.
- Verify that the right USB drivers are installed in the phone for the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 USB drivers.
- Ensure that USB debugging mode is activated on the phone by going to "Settings", then "Developer Options" if the phone is running on Android 4.0 or later, or Settings > Applications > Development (if the device is running on Android 2.3 or earlier.
- Make sure the phone is not rooted. Download Root Checker app. Unroot the device first (if it is already rooted) before proceeding with the installation of firmware.
- Check if the phone is factory unlocked (means not locked to a specific carrier) and have installed CWM recovery.
Questions and Answers
It has 2.3.5 OS and I am going to attempt to update that to 4.1.2, which is the xwlss?
GT I-9100 has the Android version 2.3.5 on it and I would like to flash it with 4.1.2
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Can't turn on my Galaxy S2 after I rooted it?
After I rooted it, it doesn't turn on just shows the S2 logo with the triangle, what should I do, help please. I have tried: Removing the battery trying to start the phone. Nothing working. I think it was caused by: No
You will need to unroot the phone first by flashing the original firmware.
Please follow our tutorial on how to unroot a Galaxy phone at this location: Unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 by Flashing Official Firmware (this works for other Samsung phones too). Please note that for your Galaxy S2, you will need to download the firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (for step 1) and the latest version of Odin from this location (for step 3).
Then, if you want to root your Galaxy S2 again, you can use an online tool like https://www.oneclickroot.com/.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Edit and Update Galaxy S2 Firmware. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Edit_and_Update_Galaxy_S2_Firmware
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Edit and Update Galaxy S2 Firmware." VisiHow, visihow.com/Edit_and_Update_Galaxy_S2_Firmware Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Edit and Update Galaxy S2 Firmware." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Edit_and_Update_Galaxy_S2_Firmware.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Musab, lsim, Lynn