Edit Who Can Send You Snaps and View Your Story on SnapChat Android Devices vs iOS Devices
Edited by Freya, Zack, Eng, Johnn and 13 others
Are you looking to edit who can send you snaps and view your story on SnapChat? Then you have come to the right place. This in-depth how-to guide will show you how in changing a couple of settings will allow you to edit who can send you snaps and view your story on SnapChat. And the best part is, whether you are an Android user or iOS user, you will find both Android and iOS devices methods covered below to guide and help you.
Method 1: Android Devices
For those of you with Android devices who want to change your settings to edit who can send you snaps and view your story on SnapChat, follow the step-by-step directions below. Not an Android user? No problem, we have you covered. For iOS users, proceed to the next method.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Steps
- 3 Video: Edit Who Can Send You Snaps and View Your Story on SnapChat
4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Privacy settings regarding who can view my story?
- 4.2 I'm having troubles with this step?
- 4.3 After you block the person from seeing your SnapChat story will they know that you did that?
- 4.4 Someone deleted me but I was able to see his story but he wasn't receiving snaps from me?
- 4.5 I select the people whom I don't want to see my story but they still see it?
- 4.6 If I unblock them again, will they be able to see the previous stories I posted within the 24 hours? Or only new stories I post from the time I unblocked them onward?
- 4.7 If I custom it by blocking some friends, will they be off my friend's list?
- 5 Comments
- 1You should find SnapChat on one of your device's Home screens.Locate and tap on the SnapChat icon to load Snapchat.Advertisement
- Alternatively, if not on one of your device's Home screens, tap on the "Apps" button (should look like a bunch of dots in a grid formation).
- Then tap on the SnapChat icon.
- 12Press the back button on your device (if equipped) or use your finger and slide to screen up to get back to the camera screen view.
- 13You're finished. Repeat these steps at any time if you wish to change them.That's it!
Method 2: iOS Devices
You're watching VisiHow and today I'm going to show you how you can edit who is able to send to send you snaps or view your story on SnapChat for the iPhone 6.
- 16This is a VisiHow video and I have just shown you how to edit who sends you snaps and who can see your story on the SnapChat application on the iPhone 6. If you have any questions or comments, pop them into the section below.Thank you very much for watching.Advertisement
Video: Edit Who Can Send You Snaps and View Your Story on SnapChat
Questions and Answers
Privacy settings regarding who can view my story?
Whenever I post a snap, my privacy setting automatically revert to custom instead of my friends. I can't exit out of the app or else it will keep resetting. Any ideas and or suggestions on how to fix this other than restarting my phone or deleting the app?. I have tried: Shutting the phone off. Deleting the app, etc.. I think it was caused by, can't think of a reason. Just happens without me doing anything.
Make sure you are choosing my friends can view my story throughout the entire app. You will be asked to confirm and do that each time as well. Clearing the cache may help because even though you deleted the app, the cache was still on your device.
I'm having troubles with this step?
I blocked everyone but one person, but someone I blocked saw my story. I have tried: Blocking them from my story. I think it was caused by, that I blocked everyone but one, so it might have been too much
You should have made a custom post. When you block the everyone setting it still shows to your friends or a custom setting. Next time choose my friends throughout the app and then go to custom for that one person you want to view. Custom specifically blocks people so you will have to go to the list and choose who you do not want to view before posting.
After you block the person from seeing your SnapChat story will they know that you did that?
Do they get the notification that you blocked them from seeing your SnapChat story
The person will not receive a notification of his or her being blocked. However, he or she might infer his or her being blocked by not seeing your user name on his or her contact list. It will appear to him or her as if you have deleted your account.
Someone deleted me but I was able to see his story but he wasn't receiving snaps from me?
I have this friend who deleted me of SnapChat, but when I added him back he didn't add me back but I could see his story. and my snaps wouldn't send to him, it would say pending but her stories were still shown on mine.
They just deleted and did not choose Block. This is why you could see the stories still. Eventually, they must have blocked you because you could not send stories but there was a delay in the app which is why you had the confusion.
I select the people whom I don't want to see my story but they still see it?
I select the people whom I don't want to see my story but they still see it?. I have tried: All the steps I have been told this is on Snapchat. I think it was caused by, no clue sorry
You have to choose Custom and then confirm. If you do not receive a confirmation option then the app did not execute the custom feature.
If I unblock them again, will they be able to see the previous stories I posted within the 24 hours? Or only new stories I post from the time I unblocked them onward?
If I unblock them from viewing my story. I have tried: I always unblock and block different people from viewing my story. I think it was caused by: I just want to know because sometimes I block people by accident and I wanted them to see my story
If you want them to see your story then post the story again without the blocking or send it privately to that person. Once you block then they will only see what you post after you unblock again.
If I custom it by blocking some friends, will they be off my friend's list?
I chose to limit certain people to see my stories
Until you change the setting from custom then those blocked will not be able to see your stories. These people stay on your friend's list although inactive when you block them with a custom post.