Edit Skype Chat Messages on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Anonymous, Eng, Crystal
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to edit a message in a Skype chat while using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3On the home screen, we need to find the Skype tile.Mine is located in the middle on the left, and there is a blue tile background, and in the middle is the Skype logo. this is a white circle, with a blue letter 'S'. If you have not pinned the Skype tile on your home screen, then swipe left and find it in the apps menu.
- 5First, we need to find a chat, and to do that, we need to find a contact.We can find a contact in the current section that we are in right now, which is the "recent" section. It will say 'recent' at the top of the screen, in a darker blue text if you are in that section. If you're not, you can swipe left or right to be in it. You can also slide left or right to find the 'people' section. It will say 'people' at the top, and that will be highlighted in a dark blue text, and that will show you that you are in the 'people' section. The 'people' section will have the complete list of all of your contacts in the Skype application.
- 6Once you have found a contact that you want to try this method out on, then press down on the name of the contact or the profile photo.This will then take us into our chat with this particular contact. We have the option to edit messages in this application, which can be very useful. Perhaps you've written something that you regret saying, or you want to edit it, or just want to correct your spelling. Maybe you just really want to re-write something in a different way to avoid any complications or conflict. To do that it's very simple, just find the message that you want to edit on the chat screen.
- 8If we want to edit it, we would just press down on the work 'edit' at the top in white text.It's going to bring up a keypad, and the original message. Ours was only a small message, but it still conveys the correct idea on how to complete this process. We have this message here, but we need to add more information to it by simply pressing the keypad, and adding more text. We can delete this message just by pressing the "delete" button in the far right hand corner of the screen.
- 9We can re-write it, perhaps we want to say something in a different way, or want to use a different text, that's no problem.Therefore we've changed the original message, and we've written something completely different. This has allowed us to edit it in a way that we feel we want to do. To send the message, press this icon at the very bottom of the screen in the blue bar, with a white circle and a white speech bubble inside and 3 white horizontal lines.
- 10You'll be able to see now that the message here has not been sent as it normally would at the bottom, it's been replaced with the edited message.It's still going to be in the same position as it was, and it always was before. On the right-hand side, it's going to show you that it's been edited, so it has a long pencil next to it. You can see which of the messages that have been edited.
- 11This concludes our tutorial on how to edit a message in a Skype chat, using a Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any questions or comments about this video or about this application itself, the please leave them in the comments section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow, goodbye!Advertisement
Video: Edit Skype Chat Messages on Microsoft Lumia 535
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.