Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to edit the inbox categories in the Gmail application on an HTC One M8.
- 4There is a Gmail icon, which is an envelope with a red 'M', and underneath it says the word "Gmail". Your application may be in a different location, so look for the icon in your folder. We now need to find the settings menu.Now that the folder has been opened, we need to find and tap the Gmail application.
- 10"Social" and "Promotions" currently have a blue box with a white check mark, indicating that they're enabled. The "Updates" and "Forums" boxes are empty, indicating that they're disabled. At the top it says "Primary", "Person to person conversations and messages that don't appear in other categories. To receive all emails in one inbox, untick all others".Here we can see all of the different categories; tap on a category to enable or disable it.
- 12Any emails from social networks will go to this folder. To select the folder, tap on the box so that it is blue with a white checkmark. To turn it off, tap on it until the box is empty. Make your choices for "Promotions" and "Updates", which are personal auto-generated updates including confirmations, receipts, bills, and statements. We also have a "Forums" category as well, so we can add that if we want to.We have "Social", which is messages from social networks, media sharing sites and online dating services.
- 13Starred messages are highlighted and important messages. Underneath of the option it says, "Show all starred messages in Primary". It is currently turned on, indicated by the blue box with the white checkmark. That means that any starred messages won't just be in the starred section, it will also be in the Primary inbox as well. Tap on it again to turn it off.The final option is "Include in Primary", which is for Starred messages.
- 14If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to edit the inbox categories in Gmail on an HTC One M8.Advertisement
Video: Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Edit_Inbox_Categories_in_Gmail_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Edit_Inbox_Categories_in_Gmail_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Edit_Inbox_Categories_in_Gmail_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor