Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to edit the inbox categories in the Gmail application on an HTC One M8.
- 4Now that the folder has been opened, we need to find and tap the Gmail application.There is a Gmail icon, which is an envelope with a red 'M', and underneath it says the word "Gmail". Your application may be in a different location, so look for the icon in your folder. We now need to find the settings menu.
- 10Here we can see all of the different categories; tap on a category to enable or disable it."Social" and "Promotions" currently have a blue box with a white check mark, indicating that they're enabled. The "Updates" and "Forums" boxes are empty, indicating that they're disabled. At the top it says "Primary", "Person to person conversations and messages that don't appear in other categories. To receive all emails in one inbox, untick all others".
- 12We have "Social", which is messages from social networks, media sharing sites and online dating services.Any emails from social networks will go to this folder. To select the folder, tap on the box so that it is blue with a white checkmark. To turn it off, tap on it until the box is empty. Make your choices for "Promotions" and "Updates", which are personal auto-generated updates including confirmations, receipts, bills, and statements. We also have a "Forums" category as well, so we can add that if we want to.
- 13The final option is "Include in Primary", which is for Starred messages.Starred messages are highlighted and important messages. Underneath of the option it says, "Show all starred messages in Primary". It is currently turned on, indicated by the blue box with the white checkmark. That means that any starred messages won't just be in the starred section, it will also be in the Primary inbox as well. Tap on it again to turn it off.
- 14This concludes the tutorial on how to edit the inbox categories in Gmail on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Edit Inbox Categories in Gmail on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Thor