Easily Dial a Number with Extensions on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Maria, Nuance and 1 other
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Definition of Terms
- 3 How to Add a Pause and Wait on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Have you tried dialing a number or a hotline that requires you to listen for options and asks you to enter them? You may have done this so often, you've already memorized the entire number sequences, including the extension. Thinking you'll bypass the annoying messages, you try dialing the number and the extension directly, and you get an error. To your disappointment, you soon realize you still need to wade through all those automated steps before you can add the extension number. We understand how frustrating that can be, especially if you need to call that number regularly, sometimes, more than once a day. Good thing we have the solution for you. Follow the procedures in this article to learn how to add pauses and waits to contact numbers, to make getting in touch with your contact so much easier.
Definition of Terms
Before going any further let us define a few important terms for you:
- 1Someone has an "Extension Number", when they work for a company that has many phones, and one phone number. The extension is like the employees internal phone number, to direct calls to individual people. In the good old days, a receptionist would take your call, ask for the extension of the person you're calling - or the name, and put the call through. Now, it's an automated thing that frustrates the best of us - often making you go through several options before you can put in the extension yourself.Extension number.Advertisement
- 2Pause is a command on the phone that tells your Samsung Galaxy S4 to stop the dialing sequence for two seconds. A two-second pause is represented by a single comma (,).Pause.Advertisement
- 3Wait is a command on the phone that tells your Samsung Galaxy S4 to stop the dialing sequence until you touch a key. Wait is represented by semi-colon (;).Wait.
- 4Thus with the pause and wait incorporated on your contact's number, you are telling your phone to pause and wait - the way you would do manually.
How to Add a Pause and Wait on Samsung Galaxy S4
To add a pause and wait on your Galaxy S4, simply follow the procedures below:
Questions and Answers
I want to dial an extension # after a call is answered?
I placed a call to a company, after the call is answered by an automated answering machine, they list all extension # for different departments. I want to dial an extension # . Pause and wait do not work. Pause and wait do not work is there any other way to dial an extension
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.