Easily Dial a Number with Extensions on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Eng, Maria
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Have you tried dialing a number or a hotline that requires you to listen for options and asks you to enter them? You may go to the point that you already memorized the whole number including the extension so you tried dialing the number and the extension straight and got an error. You then realized that you still need to wait for the automated speaker to start talking before you can type the next extension number. We understand how that can be frustrating especially if you regularly call that number more than once a day. Good thing that we have the solution for you. Follow the procedures on this article so you will know how to add pauses and waits to contact numbers so you could easily call your desired contact.
Definition of terms
Before going any further let us define a few important terms for you:
- 1Extension number.Extension number is a number or a series of number that you need to enter to get to your desired contact. You would have to wait for the machine to start mentioning the option before you can dial an extension numberAdvertisement
- 2Pause.Pause is a command on the phone that tells your Samsung Galaxy S4 to stop the dialing sequence for two seconds. A two-second pause is represented by a single comma (,).Advertisement
- 3Wait.Wait is a command on the phone that tells your Samsung Galaxy S4 to stop the dialing sequence until you touch a key. Wait is represented by semi-colon (;).
- Thus with the pause and wait incorporated on your contact's number, you are telling your phone to pause and wait just like how you do it manually.
How to add a pause and wait on Samsung Galaxy S4
To add a pause and wait on your Galaxy S4, simply follow the procedures below:
- 9You have just learned how to easily call numbers with extension using the pauses and waits with your Samsung Galaxy S4.Advertisement
- note: if the pause requires a longer time, you can extend it by adding additional commas to it. As mentioned above, a single comma allows your phone to pause for 2 seconds. If you want a six-second pause, then you need to enter with three commas instead.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Eng, Anonymous, Leomar Umpad