Download video games onto your PS3
Edited by Ephraim, Nate Pepperell, Robbi, Eng and 2 others
If you are a gamer, chances are that you know you can download some games for your computer. Did you know that you can download games to your PS3 as well? Gaming is something that can keep you occupied for ages and is also quite educational for your kids, if you select the right games.
Rather than spending their time alone, you can make game-playing a family activity, or something your child can do with friends. It creates a bonding time, encourages interaction, and helps them with problem-solving and fine motor skills. Downloading games to your PS3 will save money, and the time it takes to go to the store and purchase the games.
Instructions On How To Download Video Games To Your PS3
- 1If WiFi is not available, you can connect via an Ethernet cable. You need to have a PlayStation Network account in order to download games. It is free to sign up for an account.Connect your console to the Internet either using WiFi.Advertisement
- 2Select the store.From here go to the PlayStation store located on the main menu screen on your PlayStation start up menu (basically the first menu you see).Advertisement
- 3Find the game you want to download, and select it in this menu.Now that the store is open, you can browse through a number of downloadable content ranging from add-ons, movies, music, games and wallpapers.
- 4Some will cost money, while others will be free to download. If you have a balance due, they will offer an option to enter your credit card, or use a previously purchased PlayStation network card.Now you will see an option to checkout the game you want to download.
- 5Once these games are downloaded to your console, they will not harm your system in any way. Even if you PlayStation goes offline, or your hard drive is damaged your game purchase will still remain on your PlayStation Network account, and you can download it again at any time.After you've made and paid for your selections, the download will begin.Advertisement
Can I play PS2 games on my PS3?
Many PS2 games are compatible with aPS3 gaming console, but not all. You'd have to check each game individually.
Some 20GB, 60GB and 80GB PlayStation 3 Phat, can read PlayStation 2 Game discs, as they are back wards compatible.
Newer models of the console are not compatible with PlayStation 2 games.
See below the product models of those PlayStation 3s that are backwards compatible and those that are not.
Model Number: CECHE01 USB Ports: 4 Release Date: Last August 2007 In Production: NO Disc Drive: 80GB
Model Number: CECHA01 USB Ports: 4 Release Date: Last November 2006 In Production: NO Disc Drive: 80GB
Model Number: CECHB01 USB Ports: 4 Release Date: Last November 2006 In Production: NO Disc Drive: 20GB
Model Number: CECHA01 USB Ports: 4 Release Date: Last November 2006 In Production: NO Disc Drive: 60GB
List of Newer Playstation3 (Not Backward Compatible)
Model Number: CECH-4001C USB Ports: 2 Release Date: Last October 2012 In Production: YES Disc Drive: 500GB
Model Number: CECH-4001B USB Ports: 2 Release Date: Last September 2012 In Production: YES Disc Drive: 250GB
NOTE: Just because you have a PS3 with Backwards Compatibility, doesn't mean it will play every PS2 game.
On the box your PS3 came in, you'll find a notice that you PlayStation 3 is also compatible with PlayStation 2 or if it's Backwards Compatible.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : PS & PSP
Recent edits by: Melsan, Eng, Robbi