Download and Setup Skype on an iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Sid Bedekar, Eng, Jen M
Welcome to VisiHow ladies and gentlemen. You are about to learn how you can download and install Skype and get it setup on your iPhone 6.
- 3In the event you are already on your phone, you are on one of these many other screens you could possibly have. There is a round button at the bottom center of your phone. This is known as the home button. Give it a quick press. It takes you back to the home screen.This will open us up to your home screen.
- 4You may not have it on your home screen. It might be on another screen in which case, just simply swipe back and forth across the phone. Give this icon a quick press. It will take you to the App Store.What you are looking for is the blue App Store icon with a white "A" shaped architect's compass type thing in there.
- 5For our purposes though, we are just looking for Skype today. Skype is what we are after. We are going to tap a search button down here at the bottom side of the phone. Quick tap on search.Once you are in the App Store, you will be exposed to a world of juicy, delicious, wonderful goodness where any type of application you could possibly want is available.
- 9I have already downloaded this in the past which is why I have a little cloud option here. You would have an Install option there if you did not have the cloud. Either way, you are going to give this a single tap.And now, you see that we have the full set of features here and this is in fact the original Skype.
- 12Let this finish loading and then we will be right back to it. And we are back. You can see now that the application - Skype has installed. There is a little button here to press for open. You will also have an icon somewhere on one of your home screens. Any open space. Not the first screen of your phone but any of the other screens. Second, third, fourth however many screens you may have. The first available empty space is where this icon will appear. Since this is the first time you are going to be in this window, I am going to go ahead and tap on open so that you can open it from here.Once it is loaded, it will install and we are going to take a quick break.
- 30This is because the iPhone does not have a Back button. Android phones all have a back button so when you press the back button Android, you get the same effect. Back - back - back but on an iPhone, you do not have that. You are much more touch and much more intuitive in my personal opinion. So, this concludes our tutorial on how to download, install and get setup and logged into your Skype account. If you have additional questions or comments, then please let us know in the section below. Thanks and have a great day.This has been optimized for the iPhone 6 to allow for the swiping, touching and all the other fun that goes with it.Advertisement
Video: Download and Setup Skype on an iPhone 6
Questions and Answers
I've got as far as screen showing Skype at top and then "sign in or create an account" but this screen has frozen?
I've got as far as getting a screen on iPhone 6s that shows "Skype" at the top and then "sign in or create an account" but this screen has frozen
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.