Download and Setup Skype for Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Inukshuk, Eng and 2 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to download and set up the Skype application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 2Swipe the lock screen up, and this will take us to the home screen. When purchasing a Microsoft Lumia 535, the Skype application should already be installed on the phone; however, if this is not the case, Skype will need to be downloaded.Once the phone is activated, we'll see the lock screen.Advertisement
- 3The tile has a blue background. It will probably have some text on it related to the different applications. The images and text can vary depending on what applications were recently viewed. The Store logo is a common image that will appear on the tile. It is a 3D bag with a window inside it.To download Skype, we need to go to the Microsoft Store.
- 9On the video demonstration, that button currently says "view", but it will say "install" if the Skype application has not been installed. This will begin the installation of the app. Once Skype has been downloaded and installed, the word on the button will change to "view".At the bottom left-hand corner of the screen will be an "install" button that will need to be pressed in order to install this application.
- 18It is working, which is evident by the green dot in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This green dot is found to the side of a light blue circle, and inside that is the outline of the head and shoulders of a person. The green dot means the at the application is activated, and we are online.Now, the Skype application has loaded.
- 19If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.This concludes our tutorial on how to download and set up the Skype application when using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Download and Setup Skype for Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Latest Skype version on Lumia 535 with windows 10 video call doesn't work?
Hi Thor I have Lumia 535 with windows 10 and I can't make Skype work OK on video call. The screen is stuck or glitch and I can't see the other. Is anything I can do to fix it?? The article I just read is telling about how to install it and I think it is for the old version and windows 8.1 software. I have tried: I have installed Skype and uninstalled it, restore to windows 8.1 and upgrade it again, every time trying to have the latest version of Skype. I think it was caused by: Microsoft with its updates of Skype version. Is any working version for Lumia 535 on windows 10 that is working perfectly?? Even an old one and how can I install it??
Reinstall but make sure that your battery saver is off and your data is enabled. Even if you have the Lumia almost exclusively on WiFi, the data needs to be enabled for the video call to function with Skype.