Download and Install SwitchResX for Mac OS
Edited by Grimm, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to change the default display for your Mac from the 16:10 to 16:9 aspect ratio. This will allow you to create TrueHD recordings in the 1920x1080 or a 1280x720 resolutions. This works for all of the Mac computers running OS X Yosemite.
- 4We need to go to the http://www.madrau.com web site.Madrau is the last name of the person who made the application; hence, the site name. We'll see that SwitchResX offers a number of options and quite a bit of information as well. This information is covered in other VisiHow tutorials. We are looking for the "Download" option.
- 5We click on "Download" one time.We can see that we have the option to view the "History", "Older versions", "Beta versions", and "Older Tools". The older tools can help if we are running an old Mac. However, in this case, a newer system is run; so, we are simply need to click "Download". We should note, as mentioned previously, that SwitchResX is shareware. This mean that we will be able to have "fully functional software for a period of 10 days." After this period, we will simply not be able to save or define preferences until we enter a code from registering. "SwitchResX is 14 Euro.", which is approximately 20 US dollars.
- 7We click on the download link.The link is in the "Here you can download the latest version of SwitchResX." sentence. We are going to click on "download" now. The download will launch, and we will see that SwitchResX will be loading into the system. It is a very small file, so it does not require a lot of time or space.
- 8Once the application has been downloaded, we either click the little arrow, which will allow us to use the "Show in Finder" function, or simply double-click the application.In this video, the the application is just double-clicked. We will be taken into the application archive. We will need to unzip it to be given the option to install the SwitchResX preferences pane.
- 10Then click the blue "Install" button.Once we've clicked install, we will see a pop-up window that will let us know that this is the Internet application. If the security settings are the same as the ones from the video, then we will be asked if we want to see the web page from which the application came.
- 16We can also close the "Downloads" panel with the same method of clicking the black "X" in the red circle at the top.We will be able to see that the SwitchResX options are open. There are a number of different things that we will want to learn and know about the program. However, we discuss those in a more in-depth VisiHow tutorial on using SwitchResX.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on how to download and install SwitchResX for your Mac running OS X Yosemite in order to change the display to nonnative resolutions, such as switching from the 16:10 to 16:9 aspect ratio to allow the usage of resolutions that are a part of the TrueHD technology, like 1920x1080 or 1280x720. Thank you for using VisiHow! If you have any questions or comments about this or other tutorials, please let us know in the section below. We will be happy to help you.
Video: Download and Install SwitchResX for Mac OS
Categories : Macintosh
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Grimm