Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer
Edited by estrella sacragon, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 18 others
Do you love to download movies, photos and music? You can easily download photos straight from your S4 to your PC!
There will really come a time when the need to transfer your photos and other files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer, or vice versa, is necessary. One of the most common reasons is because you wish to upload photos and files via the Internet using your Laptop, but for some reason, your Samsung S4 has no internet connection. Additionally, you can also back up your personal files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer.
Depending on the specific versions of both your Laptop and your Samsung S4, along with the applications you have installed on them, there are certain applications that may or may not be supported by either one, or even both of the devices. Normally, file types supported by both devices include flac, mp3, m4a, 3gp, mp4, 3ga, ogg, wma, oga, and aac, for music files, gif, bmp, png, and jpg for image files, mp4, 3gp, avi, flv, wmv, and mkv especially for video files, and docx, doc, xls, ppt, xlsx, pptx, txt and pdf for document files.
- 1 How to Download Photos from Samsung S4 to your Computer
- 2 Alternate ways to download photos from Samsung S4 to your computer
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How do I download photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my PC?
- 3.2 Moving pictures from S4 to computer?
- 3.3 Can't transfer pictures and videos to PC?
- 3.4 Downloading photos to my laptop?
- 3.5 Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
- 3.6 How to download pix to HP laptop?
- 3.7 WHAT IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE AND ONLY CHARGES MY PHONE?
- 3.8 I am not sure how to do it, USB port connected and it is connected as a media device, what next?
- 3.9 I am not able to download photos from the mini SD card removed from our Samsung S4 phone?
- 3.10 How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 to my desktop to detail all duplicates?
- 3.11 Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
- 3.12 I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app any more?
- 3.13 When I connect my Samsung 4 to my computer with its USB cable, the computer doesn't recognize it. Can't transfer photos?
- 3.14 Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
- 3.15 Thanks for helping me. I do not know how to get my pics from tablet to computer?
- 3.16 I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or any thing else. Where did the photos go?
- 3.17 I do not see the option for storage mass?
- 4 Comments
How to Download Photos from Samsung S4 to your Computer
- 1Samsung Kies.When you wish to download your photos from your Samsung S4 to your computer, one of the easiest ways is via Samsung Kies. This is a computer application that will allow you to manage, update, sync, or transfer not only media libraries but also calendars and contacts to any supported Samsung device. Before transferring your files, download first the Samsung Kies application. Install this application once your download is complete. Then you can connect your Samsung S4 to your computer's USB port, or through a USB cable. Samsung Kies will automatically launch once you connect your S4.Advertisement
- 2You can also use your Samsung S4 as a media or storage device so you can transfer files from your phone to your PC, and vice versa.Start by connecting your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the USB port of your computer using your USB cable. Wait for your computer to detect your phone. Once it is properly connected, the computer will automatically install the necessary drivers and will indicate on your phone, "Connected as Media Device".Advertisement
- 3After the driver installation is successful, simply pull down the notification channel to open it.Hit the "Connected as a Media Device - Media Device (MTP)".
- 4For older computers, the Media Transfer Protocol is not supported; thus you need to have the necessary drivers installed.Go to My Computer and look for the Media PTP or Camera PTP icon. These two basically act like normal USB storage devices where you can easily transfer your files between your Samsung Galaxy S4 and your personal computer.
- 5Before downloading photos, though, there are important things to consider.There are some unsupported formats that can be opened by a device when you download a specific application that will enable this device to properly recognize the file. When you transfer your file, its duration is directly proportional to the size of the file, meaning the larger your files are, the longer it will take for the transfer to complete.
Alternate ways to download photos from Samsung S4 to your computer
There are some computers that have Bluetooth capability which you can pair your phone to the computer to transfer your photos from your Galaxy S4 to your computer. Once it has been transferred via Bluetooth, you can view all photos on the computer.
Did you know that you can transfer files using your email from your phone? However, this is a very long process if you have hundreds of photos that you want to download on your computer and phones now a day does not have cheap or low resolution for the photos you are taking. Simply go to your email application then create an email then attach the pictures that you want to be downloaded to a computer and send it to your own email address. After you send it to your own email address, ignore it on your phone. Instead, go to your computer and access the website of your email address. Look into the inbox and should be able to see your own message in the inbox then open it. Once you have opened the inbox, download the attachment and save it on your computer.
Every phone has this feature to transfer your files from your Samsung Galaxy S4 to a computer. There are two ways for using storage mass.
- 1Connecting your phone to a computer via USB.Simply connect the phone Via USB and it will install the drivers, and then tap on Storage Mass on your phone as it will be automatic pop up on screen. Go to your My Computer then look for the storage devices (Except your drives) as it will be added right below the Drive C and D. This includes the SD card and the internal storage of the phone.Advertisement
- 2If you have an SD card reader.Simply remove the SD card from your phone, then insert it into the SD card reader. Once done, insert the SD card reader into the USB slot on the computer as it will install its driver. Now go to My Computer then look for the additional drive under your Drive C and D. This is only applicable to SD card and the internal storage will not be available.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How do I download photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my PC?
When I plug my phone into the computer using the USB, it only charges the phone. I've searched my phone under the notifications but I cannot find anywhere where it says "USB connected".
There are a number of different methods you can use to connect your phone and transfer photos from the Galaxy S4 to your PC, however, the easiest is to download and install Samsung Kies. You can find detailed steps for installing Kies in the main article above, but it's a very straightforward and simple process. Once it's installed, just plug your Samsung Galaxy S4 into your computer, and Kies will let you easily and quickly transfer your photos.
You can also view a more detailed guide on how to transfer files from the Samsung Galaxy S4 to a PC, and vice versa. This has additional screen shots, and provides a more in depth explanation of the different methods you can use, and why some work better than others.
See more questions like this: How to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my laptop
Moving pictures from S4 to computer?
When I connect with USB cable, the computer isn't recognizing the phone, like it does with other things, like a camera or SD card
You need to install Kies on your PC and then connect your phone so the program can find your phone and transfer.
See more questions like this: My computer does not recognize the Samsung S4 when I plug into the USB?
Can't transfer pictures and videos to PC?
Hello, my PC is not able to recognize my phone when I connect via the USB cable
Are you using Kies? Choose their troubleshoot program if Kies is not recognizing your phone immediately.
See more questions like this: I have videos and photos I want to transfer from my phone to my Pictures?
Downloading photos to my laptop?
I've investigated and found out that I have the latest program for my S4, and have tried again, but no luck. Can you help? I'm not terribly tech savvy, so please use small words. Thanks
If you are using Kies3 which is their latest software, then you are using the wrong Kies for the PC. Get the original one for your S4.
See more questions like this: I have my phone and laptop connected via Bluetooth?
Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
I have a Samsung G4 and the software is not working properly. So received a new phone and want to transfer my pictures to my laptop. I have read several "How to's" and always worry about the software they recommend you download before proceeding. Any advice?
The software Samsung KIES link comes directly from the Samsung website. You are not downloading from a third party site when you install Kies. There is nothing to worry about as far as viruses or security risks.
See more questions like this: How do I upload pics and videos to my computer from a Samsung G4?
How to download pix to HP laptop?
Connect phone to HP computer via charging cord. At one time it would download pictures to a file on the computer. It no longer does that.
Did you delete accidentally the Kies program in your PC? This would stop it from transferring to the PC because your phone would no longer be recognized.
WHAT IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE AND ONLY CHARGES MY PHONE?
SO WHEN I PLUG MY PHONE INTO COMPUTER WITH THE USB CORD MY CORD ONLY CHARGES THE PHONE, IT DOESN'T GIVE ME THE TRANSFER OPTIONS
Run the troubleshoot program in Kies. You will have to disconnect your phone and then reconnect when the program tells you to. Your phone also needs to be turned on to be recognized.
See more questions like this: My Samsung Galaxy S4 phone screen is broken, how can I retrieve my pictures without opening the phone?
I am not sure how to do it, USB port connected and it is connected as a media device, what next?
What do I need to do next, what are the next steps required
Launch your Kies software that you downloaded and start the process of transferring.
See more questions like this: Samsung S4 photo download technique
I am not able to download photos from the mini SD card removed from our Samsung S4 phone?
When I put it into my computer and try to download, I get a message saying no files found. This same card works at walmart in the photo dept. I have tried: I have been able to transfer photos from an SD card used in a Kodak camera using the same method but not the card from our cellphone
Your pictures in the Samsung S4 are not immediately saved to the microSD card. You would need to install an application like File Explorer and move them to the SD card before you try to transfer to the PC.
See more questions like this: How do I move photos from my phone to my computer?
How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 to my desktop to detail all duplicates?
How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 (and there are many of them everywhere and lots of duplicates, to my Dell laptop?. I have tried: Plug it into computer. and was searching Google for an answer. I think it was caused by: It is just clean up, trying to get rid of all the duplicates and the photos I don't want so I can fix the new Note4 they gave me and get rid of those duplicates too, then delete both of those downloads and re-download the correct information minus the multiple photos not needed or necessary
Use the Kies3 software to transfer the photos. You then can clean them up in the PC and transfer what you want to keep on your Note4.
Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
I can't seem to find the correct file on the phone to see the 520 pictures to move. I have tried: Developer mode is on. I can see the phone from my laptop but can't find the pictures. DCIM only has about 7 pictures. I think it was caused by: No clue
Kies should pick up everything on the phone. Go into your photos and back them up with Google Photos. See what appears when you do this. Perhaps your SD card is corrupted and that is why Kies is not finding it when you connect the phone to the PC.
I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app any more?
I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app any more. I have tried: I tried checking everything that I could think of to make sure I had connection, I went to Sprint and they told me to scroll down on my phone and I would see an app for downloading the pictures but that didn't work either. I think it was caused by: No Ideas left
You need to have the Kies software from Samsung installed on your PC. If this is not on your PC then the phone will not be recognized anymore.
When I connect my Samsung 4 to my computer with its USB cable, the computer doesn't recognize it. Can't transfer photos?
I've connected the phone to my Windows desktop, but the computer doesn't indicate that it recognizes the phone or pictures. Nothing happens!
Nothing happens because you have not installed Kies and launched the software on your PC before you connect your phone. After a Samsung OS update, they killed the previous feature in support of their new Kies Software.
See more questions like this: Connection and transfer of data problem?
Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
Hi, I have a Samsung S4 (I'm not sure), but the screen broke down. It is still on and working. Luckily I remember how to connect it to a PC for pictures and stuff, but those very important stuff like all my contacts, agenda and stuff are still on my phone and not on the SIM card. (I travel a lot, I discard more SIM cards then phones). Never backed it up, never thought of it. Now I got a new phone from a friend of mine, Samsung S4 mini. Is there a program I can run from my laptop to retrieve that info from my broken screen one?
ADB tools may be able to get that information. You should also check your Google Account because if you ever synced with your Google Account then the contacts and other items should be in there. Also if you did this previously, when you login on your new device into your Google Account and select Sync, items will appear from the account.
Thanks for helping me. I do not know how to get my pics from tablet to computer?
When I plug in the tablet to computer nothing happens. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Do I need to download something? there was no disc that came with the tablet
You did not mention what tablet you are using but certain Samsung tablets can use [www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/ SmartSwitch] to transfer items to the PC. Otherwise, install Samsung Kies on your PC and then connect the tablet. After initial set up, you will be able to transfer photos.
I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or any thing else. Where did the photos go?
I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or any thing else. Where did the photos go??
Check My Documents or Downloads. If you have Google Drive or another cloud app on your PC, you may have saved them there. Run a search for your photos or go into the lasted downloads to see if they are saved there or list where you saved them.
See more questions like this: How to download photos from mobile to computer?
I do not see the option for storage mass?
I went to storage but there is not a storage mass.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: bluerose, mtjan, hpjdegen