Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 7, Lollipop/Marshmallow) vs PC to Phone (Windows 7, Lollipop) vs PC to Phone (Windows 7, Marshmallow) ... and 2 more
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, Eng, Melsan and 18 others
Do you love to download movies, photos and music? You can easily download photos straight from your S4 to your PC!
There will really come a time when the need to transfer your photos and other files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer, or vice versa, is necessary. One of the most common reasons is because you wish to upload photos and files via the Internet using your Laptop, but for some reason, your Samsung S4 has no internet connection. Additionally, you can also back up your personal files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer.
Method 1: Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 7, Lollipop/Marshmallow)
Method 2: Download Photos from PC to Phone (Windows 7, Lollipop)
Method 3: Download Photos from PC to Phone (Windows 7, Marshmallow)
Method 4: Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 10, Lollipop/Marshmallow)
Several users have been reporting difficulties transferring files to and from an Android device and a PC running Windows 10. The most prominent glitch is nothing showing up once the drivers have installed. This isn't the case for everyone however, you should Check out Wieldy Mallard's short tutorial first before proceeding with our suggested workaround.
- 1 Windows 10 file transfer workaround (requires internet connection)
- 2 Download Photos from Galaxy S4 to your Computer with Samsung Kies
- 3 Bluetooth
- 4 Email
- 5 Storage Mass
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 How do I download photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my PC?
- 6.2 Moving pictures from S4 to computer?
- 6.3 Can't transfer pictures and videos to PC?
- 6.4 Downloading photos to my laptop?
- 6.5 Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
- 6.6 How to download pix to HP laptop?
- 6.7 WHAT IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE AND ONLY CHARGES MY PHONE?
- 6.8 I am not sure how to do it, USB port connected and it is connected as a media device, what next?
- 6.9 I am not able to download photos from the mini SD card removed from our Samsung S4 phone?
- 6.10 How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 to my desktop to detail all duplicates?
- 6.11 Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
- 6.12 I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app anymore?
- 6.13 When I connect my Samsung 4 to my computer with its USB cable, the computer doesn't recognize it. Can't transfer photos?
- 6.14 Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
- 6.15 Thanks for helping me. I do not know how to get my pics from tablet to computer?
- 6.16 I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or anything else. Where did the photos go?
- 6.17 I need to know where I find storage mass on my phone?
- 6.18 Hi, I can get all the way until paste the copied photos to the folder?
- 7 Referencing this Article
- 8 Comments
Windows 10 file transfer workaround (requires internet connection)
To do this you'll need a reliable internet connection and of course bandwidth. You're going to upload images and videos to your Google cloud storage using the Google Photos app. You can then download those same files to your computer via your Google account.
- First read Save space on your Android device using Google Photos to backup images
- Once you've uploaded your videos and photos to your cloud storage, sign in to your Google account on your PC and browse to Photos. Here you can download all the files you backed up inside the Google Photos app on your device, individually, or all together as a single zip file.
Method 5: Additional ways to Download Photos to your Computer
Download Photos from Galaxy S4 to your Computer with Samsung Kies
- 1When you wish to download your photos from your Samsung S4 to your computer, one of the easiest ways is via Samsung Kies. This is a computer application that will allow you to manage, update, sync, or transfer not only media libraries but also calendars and contacts to any supported Samsung device. Before transferring your files, download first the Samsung Kies application. Install this application once your download is complete. Then you can connect your Samsung S4 to your computer's USB port, or through a USB cable. Samsung Kies will automatically launch once you connect your S4.Samsung Kies.
- 2Start by connecting your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the USB port of your computer using your USB cable. Wait for your computer to detect your phone. Once it is properly connected, the computer will automatically install the necessary drivers and will indicate on your phone, "Connected as Media Device".You can also use your Samsung S4 as a media or storage device so you can transfer files from your phone to your PC, and vice versa.
- 3Hit the "Connected as a Media Device - Media Device (MTP)".After the driver installation is successful, simply pull down the notification channel to open it.
- 4Go to My Computer and look for the Media PTP or Camera PTP icon. These two basically act like normal USB storage devices where you can easily transfer your files between your Samsung Galaxy S4 and your personal computer.For older computers, the Media Transfer Protocol is not supported; thus you need to have the necessary drivers installed.
- 5There are some unsupported formats that can be opened by a device when you download a specific application that will enable this device to properly recognize the file. When you transfer your file, its duration is directly proportional to the size of the file, meaning the larger your files are, the longer it will take for the transfer to complete.Before downloading photos, though, there are important things to consider.
There are some computers that have Bluetooth capability which you can pair your phone to the computer to transfer your photos from your Galaxy S4 to your computer. Once it has been transferred via Bluetooth, you can view all photos on the computer.
Did you know that you can transfer files using your email from your phone? However, this is a very long process if you have hundreds of photos that you want to download on your computer and phones nowadays does not have a cheap or low resolution for the photos you are taking. Simply go to your email application then create an email then attach the pictures that you want to be downloaded to a computer and send it to your own email address. After you send it to your own email address, ignore it on your phone. Instead, go to your computer and access the website of your email address. Look into the inbox and should be able to see your own message in the inbox then open it. Once you have opened the inbox, download the attachment and save it on your computer.
Every phone has this feature to transfer your files from your Samsung Galaxy S4 to a computer. There are two ways for using storage mass.
- 1Simply connect the phone Via USB and it will install the drivers, and then tap on Storage Mass on your phone as it will be automatic pop up on the screen. Go to your My Computer then look for the storage devices (Except your drives) as it will be added right below the Drive C and D. This includes the SD card and the internal storage of the phone.Connecting your phone to a computer via USB.
- 2Simply remove the SD card from your phone, then insert it into the SD card reader. Once done, insert the SD card reader into the USB slot on the computer as it will install its driver. Now go to My Computer then look for the additional drive under your Drive C and D. This is only applicable to SD card and the internal storage will not be available.If you have an SD card reader.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How do I download photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my PC?
When I plug my phone into the computer using the USB, it only charges the phone. I've searched my phone under the notifications but I cannot find anywhere where it says "USB connected".
There are a number of different methods you can use to connect your phone and transfer photos from the Galaxy S4 to your PC, however, the easiest is to download and install Samsung Kies. You can find detailed steps for installing Kies in the main article above, but it's a very straightforward and simple process. Once it's installed, just plug your Samsung Galaxy S4 into your computer, and Kies will let you easily and quickly transfer your photos.
You can also view a more detailed guide on how to transfer files from the Samsung Galaxy S4 to a PC, and vice versa. This has additional screenshots and provides a more in-depth explanation of the different methods you can use, and why some work better than others.
See more questions like this: How to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my laptop
Moving pictures from S4 to computer?
When I connect with USB cable, the computer isn't recognizing the phone, like it does with other things, like a camera or SD card
You need to install Kies on your PC and then connect your phone so the program can find your phone and transfer.
Can't transfer pictures and videos to PC?
Hello, my PC is not able to recognize my phone when I connect via the USB cable
Are you using Kies? Choose their troubleshoot program if Kies is not recognizing your phone immediately.
Downloading photos to my laptop?
I've investigated and found out that I have the latest program for my S4, and have tried again, but no luck. Can you help? I'm not terribly tech savvy, so please use small words. Thanks
If you are using Kies3 which is their latest software, then you are using the wrong Kies for the PC. Get the original one for your S4.
Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
I have a Samsung G4 and the software is not working properly. So received a new phone and want to transfer my pictures to my laptop. I have read several "How to's" and always worry about the software they recommend you download before proceeding. Any advice?
The software Samsung KIES link comes directly from the Samsung website. You are not downloading from a third party site when you install Kies. There is nothing to worry about as far as viruses or security risks.
See more questions like this: Transferring photos from Samsung Galaxy 4 as device is 'full' - to laptop?
How to download pix to HP laptop?
Connect phone to HP computer via charging cord. At one time it would download pictures to a file on the computer. It no longer does that.
Did you delete accidentally the Kies program in your PC? This would stop it from transferring to the PC because your phone would no longer be recognized.
WHAT IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE AND ONLY CHARGES MY PHONE?
SO WHEN I PLUG MY PHONE INTO COMPUTER WITH THE USB CORD MY CORD ONLY CHARGES THE PHONE, IT DOESN'T GIVE ME THE TRANSFER OPTIONS
Run the troubleshoot program in Kies. You will have to disconnect your phone and then reconnect when the program tells you to. Your phone also needs to be turned on to be recognized.
I am not sure how to do it, USB port connected and it is connected as a media device, what next?
What do I need to do next, what are the next steps required
Launch your Kies software that you downloaded and start the process of transferring.
I am not able to download photos from the mini SD card removed from our Samsung S4 phone?
When I put it into my computer and try to download, I get a message saying no files found. This same card works at Walmart in the photo dept. I have tried: I have been able to transfer photos from an SD card used in a Kodak camera using the same method but not the card from our cell phone
Your pictures in the Samsung S4 are not immediately saved to the microSD card. You would need to install an application like File Explorer and move them to the SD card before you try to transfer to the PC.
See more questions like this: How do I move photos from my phone to my computer?
How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 to my desktop to detail all duplicates?
How do I transfer all my photos from my Samsung Note4 (and there are many of them everywhere and lots of duplicates, to my Dell laptop?. I have tried: Plug it into the computer. and was searching Google for an answer. I think it was caused by: It is just clean up, trying to get rid of all the duplicates and the photos I don't want so I can fix the new Note4 they gave me and get rid of those duplicates too, then delete both of those downloads and re-download the correct information minus the multiple photos not needed or necessary
Use the Kies3 software to transfer the photos. You then can clean them up in the PC and transfer what you want to keep on your Note4.
Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
I can't seem to find the correct file on the phone to see the 520 pictures to move. I have tried: Developer mode is on. I can see the phone from my laptop but can't find the pictures. DCIM only has about 7 pictures. I think it was caused by: No clue
Kies should pick up everything on the phone. Go into your photos and back them up with Google Photos. See what appears when you do this. Perhaps your SD card is corrupted and that is why Kies is not finding it when you connect the phone to the PC.
I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app anymore?
I used to be able to plug in my phone using the USB port and an image would come up and I would download the pictures while charging my phone then all of a sudden it won't show the app anymore. I have tried: I tried checking everything that I could think of to make sure I had a connection, I went to Sprint and they told me to scroll down on my phone and I would see an app for downloading the pictures but that didn't work either. I think it was caused by: No Ideas left
You need to have the Kies software from Samsung installed on your PC. If this is not on your PC then the phone will not be recognized anymore.
See more questions like this: Where are my downloaded pictures from the two folders on my phone?
When I connect my Samsung 4 to my computer with its USB cable, the computer doesn't recognize it. Can't transfer photos?
I've connected the phone to my Windows desktop, but the computer doesn't indicate that it recognizes the phone or pictures. Nothing happens!
Nothing happens because you have not installed Kies and launched the software on your PC before you connect your phone. After a Samsung OS update, they killed the previous feature in support of their new Kies Software.
See more questions like this: How can I download my Samsung not 4 photos and videos to my flash drive from a public computer?
Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
Hi, I have a Samsung S4 (I'm not sure), but the screen broke down. It is still on and working. Luckily I remember how to connect it to a PC for pictures and stuff, but this very important stuff like all my contacts, agenda, are still on my phone and not on the SIM card. (I travel a lot, I discard more SIM cards than phones). Never backed it up, never thought of it. Now I got a new phone from a friend of mine, Samsung S4 mini. Is there a program I can run from my laptop to retrieve that info from my broken screen one?
ADB tools may be able to get that information. You should also check your Google Account because if you ever synced with your Google Account then the contacts and other items should be in there. Also if you did this previously, when you log in on your new device into your Google Account and select Sync, items will appear from the account.
Thanks for helping me. I do not know how to get my pics from tablet to computer?
When I plug in the tablet to computer nothing happens. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Do I need to download something? there was no disc that came with the tablet
You did not mention what tablet you are using but certain Samsung tablets can use [www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/ SmartSwitch] to transfer items to the PC. Otherwise, install Samsung Kies on your PC and then connect the tablet. After initial set up, you will be able to transfer photos.
I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or anything else. Where did the photos go?
I successfully downloaded pictures from my Android to my computer. The photos are not in My Pictures or anything else. Where did the photos go??
Check My Documents or Downloads. If you have Google Drive or another cloud app on your PC, you may have saved them there. Run a search for your photos or go into the lasted downloads to see if they are saved there or list where you saved them.
I need to know where I find storage mass on my phone?
I think I need help from step 1 all the way through
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hi, I can get all the way until paste the copied photos to the folder?
I am copying all of the photos from my Samsung S4 mini phone from my phone to my windows 10. I have followed alls teps but can't figure out how to bring up the box to click on paste and get the photos to transfer to the folder?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Download_Photos_from_a_Samsung_S4_to_Your_Computer
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer." VisiHow, visihow.com/Download_Photos_from_a_Samsung_S4_to_Your_Computer Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Download_Photos_from_a_Samsung_S4_to_Your_Computer.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Maria, bluerose, mtjan