Download, Install, and Setup WhatsApp for Windows Mobile 10 Enabled Lumia Phones
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng
WhatsApp is the most popular chat application in the world. It is also free, at least for the first year. Downloading WhatsApp from the Microsoft Store on your Lumia smartphone is easy if your phone is updated to the latest Windows 10 Mobile operating system. All you need is a connection to the Internet, access to the Microsoft Store, and, of course, a Microsoft Lumia phone. Just follow the steps below to download and install WhatsApp on your WM10-enabled Microsoft Lumia phone.
Download and Install WhatsApp from the Microsoft Store
In order to install WhatsApp on your Microsoft Lumia running WM10, you will need to locate the application and then download and install it. In the steps below, we will discuss how to download and install WhatsApp for WM10 on a Microsoft Lumia.
Set Up WhatsApp for WM10-enabled Lumia Phones
Now that you have downloaded and installed WhatsApp, it's time to get started with setting up WhatsApp on your WM10-enabled Microsoft Lumia. The setup process is relatively easy, and there are two ways to begin the setup. Read on for details.
- 6On the screen, you will receive a message from WhatsApp, letting you know that the WhatsApp service will send an SMS message with a verification code. At this point, you may change your phone number by tapping 'Edit number'. Otherwise, if you do not need to edit your phone number, tap on 'Continue'. Tapping on 'Continue' will cause WhatsApp to send the SMS message.After entering your phone number and tapping on the arrow, you will be taken to a new screen.
- 7The SMS message can take a few minutes to arrive; however, it usually only takes a few seconds.You should now receive an SMS message, which will show as a pop-up in your notifications.
- Note that there is also a countdown timer at the left side of the window. This timer lets you know when the WhatsApp service will call you with a code, in the event you did not receive an SMS message.
- 11This is the most common method of verification. Therefore, we need to go back to WhatsApp. To do this, we simply tap once on the back arrow at the bottom of the WhatsApp message window. Note that you may need to tap more than once to go back more than one screen.For our tutorial, the code will be entered.
- 23You have successfully installed WhatsApp on your Microsoft Lumia. You may now begin to use it to make free calls and chat online.Congratulations!Advertisement
- If you want to pin WhatsApp to the start menu, then view our tutorial on how to pin tiles to the start menu of a Microsoft Lumia running Windows 10 Mobile.
- Note that if you do not receive an SMS message, there is a countdown timer, which we have discussed above. This timer will cause WhatsApp to call you after the indicated time.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Download, Install, and Setup WhatsApp for Windows Mobile 10 Enabled Lumia Phones. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Download,_Install,_and_Setup_WhatsApp_for_Windows_Mobile_10_Enabled_Lumia_Phones
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Download, Install, and Setup WhatsApp for Windows Mobile 10 Enabled Lumia Phones." VisiHow, visihow.com/Download,_Install,_and_Setup_WhatsApp_for_Windows_Mobile_10_Enabled_Lumia_Phones Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Download, Install, and Setup WhatsApp for Windows Mobile 10 Enabled Lumia Phones." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Download,_Install,_and_Setup_WhatsApp_for_Windows_Mobile_10_Enabled_Lumia_Phones.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Train Wreck