Download and install Whatsapp for windows phone
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Lynn, Joely, Robbi and 20 others
- 1 How to Install WhatsApp on your Windows Phone
- 2 Tips and Suggestions for WhatsApp on Windows
- 3 Questions and Answers on WhatsApp for Windows Phones
- 3.1 What's app tips and tricks for Windows Phone?
- 3.2 How to download WhatsApp on my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 520)?
- 3.3 I am unable to view videos sent by my friends on WhatsApp?
- 3.4 How do I download WhatsApp for Windows phone on my PC then upload it through memory card?
- 3.5 How to install WhatsApp in Windows phone?
- 3.6 Download and Install Manually not see in download page?
- 3.7 My Nokia asha 200 cannot download WhatsApp?
- 3.8 How to install WhatsApp HTC HD7 with region format that is"found in the settings?
- 3.9 How do I download WhatsApp on my LG L9 PH one,its stressing me now please help
- 3.10 I need to get a free download and each time I get to the Windows store it says its already purchased so I cannot download?
- 3.11 On my phone show there maybe a problem with the market place,why?
- 3.12 'Terms and conditions option' not available?
- 3.13 Creating favorite it's showing please help me what is that?
- 3.14 Music files received from WhatsApp do not appear on browsing?
- 3.15 Ich finde whats I'm ap store nicht. Ich nutze ein Lumia 520?
- 3.16 How to get the code to my mobile?
- 3.17 WhatsApp is not running properly?
- 3.18 Unknown why, Microsoft keeps telling me through the desktop website that WhatsApp doesn't work on my Nokia Lumia 530?
- 3.19 I can't receive verification number?
- 3.20 What can I do if Google is not performing?
- 4 After the removal of the app from the market store, is there any other ways to download this app?
- 5 the ad is disrupting everything
- 6 Referencing this Article
- 7 Comments
How to Install WhatsApp on your Windows Phone
Do you have the most popular messaging app in the world on your Windows phone?
WhatsApp is a low cost application that lets you send messages, pictures, video, voice notes and more to your friends. It greatly enhances MMS and SMS functionality by replacing them with a data connection through the internet, either with your cellphone's 3G or 4G data connection, or a nearby WiFi connection. However, to use WhatsApp on your Windows Phone, you need to be running at least Windows Phone version 7.5 (currently WP 7.5, 8, 8.1 or 10).
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to get started with WhatsApp on your Windows Phone 7.5 or higher:
- 1Download and install WhatsApp on your phone.This is done by [Downloading WhatsApp] to your phone from the Windows Phone store.Advertisement
- 2Install WhatsApp by tapping it, and following the prompts.Advertisement
- 3Once installed, Tap 'WhatsApp'.This will open the application.
- 4A list of 'Terms and Conditions' should pop up on screen.Agree to them, and proceed to the next step.
- 5You'll be prompted to enter your country code, and then your mobile number.This is so that you can receive a message verification code, either by SMS or voice. The code is used to verify WhatsApp.
- 6When you receive the code, enter it.
- 7Once the code has been entered, your Windows Phone will have a verified and fully functional WhatsApp installed.
Tips and Suggestions for WhatsApp on Windows
- Using WhatsApp with a data connection will drain your battery faster, and can result in additional data charges from your service provider.
- WhatsApp was designed to take advantage of WiFi connections, as these allow you to send messages at no cost. For this reason, you should always use a WiFi connection if you need to save on data costs.
- If you receive Error Code 80048264 it might be because you are not logged into your Microsoft account with the right credentials. Check and re-enter your password to fix this. Also, you need to have your Microsoft account synced properly. To fix this error, the following are some suggestions:
To re-enter your password for your Microsoft account connect your phone to the internet, go to Settings + Emails + Account and re-enter your password.
To sync your Microsoft account, open Settings + Email + Account, then press and hold your Microsoft account and select sync option. If this doesn't work, try adding a new Microsoft account to your device.
To reset your Windows phone 8.1 running device, tap Settings + About + Reset your Phone and tap Yes both times.
Questions and Answers on WhatsApp for Windows Phones
What's app tips and tricks for Windows Phone?
- When using WhatsApp, your username will be your mobile number. But if you don't want this to display to prevent calls or messages from strangers you may use your verification code instead.
- Download Spoof text message app to your mobile. Reserve this app for later use.
- If your WhatsApp is already installed in your phone, you have to reinstall it to execute the cheat procedure. This cheat procedure is done by as the WhatsApp sends a verification code to your phone, you have to switch your phone into flight mode. This is to block the verification code be sent to you on your Windows phone.
- Another option in handling verification of your code is to select "Verify Through SMS". Here you give your email address. Choose send and next click the cancel button. And WhatsApp cannot call you because of this.
- Next is to spoof the message sent by WhatsApp. You do this by using the previously mention Spoof text message app. Locate your message and paste it to the spoofed verification.
- Since WhatsApp uses your mobile number as your username you still can use WhatsApp on your phone, Tablet, or device even without your SIM but with the use of WLAN connection to your Windows phone.
- Restoring deleted message. Your messages are stored in the SDcard. So even if you delete it on WhatsApp, it is still saved in the SDcard. The messages saved are from the past 7 days or from the present day. To recover the message go to SDcard, then to WhatsApp, then database.
- The WhatsApp is not a single app but there are also other apps linked to it to function for it, like Magiapp tricks for WhatsApp. This enables you to send and hide pictures located in another photo.
- If you want to send the same message in bulk, you use broadcast message. To check the box beside the contacts you want to send, types your message and send. With one created message, it will be sent to lots of contacts.
- You can make backups of the WhatsApp conversations. If the message is so important, so many, and you want a copy of it, you make backups. WhatsApp make backups everyday at 4 AM. Go to the Settings menu, select 'Chat preferences' and click on Chat history backup option.
- To hide time stamp on your message, you data connection. Type in your message in WhatsApp. Return data connection and send your message. This will hide the time stamp of your message. Or other method is install WhatsappHide. Choose 'Block last seen'. While you are on WhatsApp you cannot send the message but if you exit the application , your message will be sent automatically .
- You can register several accounts in WhatsApp using Switch Me multiple accounts app.
- To send .APK, .PDF, .DOC, and .ZIP files to other users of WhatsApp, you use Cloud to send.
- You can change the WhatsApp chat wallpaper. You may use picture from the gallery of your phone or through the use of WhatsApp wallpaper app.
- You can send WhatsApp conversation history to the other people via email.
- Usually in chat apps, users have public profile and picture to get an idea about who you are talking to. others attempt to download it. Not even satisfied of viewing the profile picture. They become a fan, so much interested. They want to use the picture as their home screen wallpaper or print it for their personal interest and use. But to WhatsApp, you can't download profile pictures, this is for security purposes. Extending your personal interest to the picture. Although you cannot download the profile picture when you click it the picture will be saved in SDcard, that means WhatsApp downloaded it at the first place without your instructions. Like the pictures taken by the camera of your phone, it is saved in the SDcard. To get the photo, you go to SDcard, WhatsApp, then click on profile picture. But if you want to stop automatic download of your profile picture, you use WhatsApp plus app.
- You can also play tricks on your friends by changing his/her profile picture.
They will be shocked or surprised, but tell him/her it's just a joke and you can change it back . You change his profile picture by selecting a profile picture for him and do some edit in paint if necessary, resize it into a profile picture size which is 561 by 561. And save with a file's name of the phone number of your friend. Save it in SDcard, WhatsApp then to profile picture. That will appear that the photo was so naturally manipulated inside WhatsApp. SDcard is involved in many tricks on WhatsApp.
- If you want to do some naughty hacking, you hack conversations by using WhatsApp Sniffer.
- The images sent to you in WhatsApp by other users will be stored in WhatsApp > media > WhatsApp images folder. You can view the files you receive by going to chat menu and click Media button.
- To keep your voicemail from being heard by other, you press play and hold it close to your ear.
- If you have not set up your profile picture in WhatsApp, there will be an automatic avatar that will be displayed. You may change this whenever you want.
- You can change your WhatsApp status. You may use the prerecorded messages or you customize your own status. This still indicates that you are not available for chat or whatever your condition is, if you want to chat or not.
- When you don't receive notifications the reasons are your battery saver is enabled, the battery is conserving energy. Another reason is you may have a poor internet connection. And your ringer is not on.
- You can set a profile picture without cropping it. You do this by downloading Square app. Here you can customize, resize or change the color of the borders.
- If you want more about WhatsApp tricks, you can download WhatsApp Tips & Tricks. It is free to install. You can get ideas on how to broadcast messages, add contacts to your WhatsApp, how to use group chat, etc. So you can extend your use of the WhatsApp facilities.
In order to give you some tips on this you will need to be specific in regards to what you are wanting to accomplish with your Windows device at this time.
How to download WhatsApp on my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 520)?
It is easy to download WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 520. Just go to the Windows store and search for WhatsApp. You will find the application for free. Click on it and download it. Register your mobile number and verify it once you get the code as an SMS. The Windows 8 OS is a bit slow on these Lumia phones, so unless you have a good internet pack, be patient.
Your Nokia Lumia 520 runs on Windows Mobile OS 8 and does support WhatsApp. You can use your phone's browser and install the app directly from the Windows phone store here:
Just hit the Install button under the logo:
I am unable to view videos sent by my friends on WhatsApp?
I am unable to view videos sent by my friends on WhatsApp
This will happen for two reason which will be if you do not have adequate signal or the necessary update for your WhatsApp messenger application. You can check this in your Google Play store.
Please explain what is happening when you're selecting the video so that I can know if you are having a problem with your device or if it is the application. Also please respond with the version of WhatsApp you are using to ensure that it is the updated version of this application.
How do I download WhatsApp for Windows phone on my PC then upload it through memory card?
How to do an image WhatsApp download
While in your WhatsApp messenger application you will be able to send a file by clicking on the paperclip on the message pane so that you will be able to send the image successfully.
How to install WhatsApp in Windows phone?
I have downloaded WhatsApp from market place in my Nokia Lumia but it fails to install and keeps replying "attention required. press here". When I press it replies "there has been a problem completing your request. try again later. error code: 80070490". Kindly assist on how to go about
This means that the application is available but not for your device and its capabilities so this is the reason it is having an error on your device because the device does not support the application.
First of all, what kind of Windows phone do you have? WhatsApp is compatible with Windows phone running OS 8 and above. If your phone meets this requirement, you can download and install WhatsApp from the Windows phone store here:
Just use your browser on the phone and browse to the site to install.
Download and Install Manually not see in download page?
WhatsApp manual download..
Unlike Android apps that have APKs (which you can download and install manually on your phone). Windows phones still need to be connected to their app store to download apps. You can, however, download WhatsApp through here:
Make sure you use your phone model (upper right).
My Nokia asha 200 cannot download WhatsApp?
Whenever I try nothing happens
Your Nokia Asha 200 is a Java-based phone. So, you have to try the version of WhatsApp for Nokia s40 phones. Try to download it here:
Do not try to download those version for Nokia Symbian and Nokia Windows Phones because this will not work with your device.
How to install WhatsApp HTC HD7 with region format that is"found in the settings?
My Windows phone was bought in united states then shifted to Tanzania where you couldn't find that region format in the settings, so in that case when I search WhatsApp messenger instead of bringing me the apps list choice it results only music file please help
Unfortunately, although WhatsApp is available for Windows Phones OS, it is not available for your device's current Windows Phone OS version, which is 7. Currently, WhatsApp is available for Windows Phones with OS version 8. WhatsApp is also available for:
How do I download WhatsApp on my LG L9 PH one,its stressing me now please help
How do I download WhatsApp on my LG L9 PH, one,its stressing me now please help.Where is a Windows marketplace on my phone?
The LG L9 PH does not have a Windows Store. You would get your WhatsApp from Google Play or download from the [app4smart.com ' Soft for Android ' Internet PC] if for some reason you do not have Google Play. You will have to go into your settings and then security to allow install from unknown sources if you are using the PC method.
I need to get a free download and each time I get to the Windows store it says its already purchased so I cannot download?
How else can I get WhatsApp for my Windows Nokia Lumia 520 phone
You have to reset your phone before you attempt to download again. There may be some system error and each time you attempt to download, the system detects that you already did and they are still processing your request. What you would like to do is restart your system so that the previous process of download will be cancelled completely and you can begin a new one. After restart, the download process should be able to come through rather smoothly.
On my phone show there maybe a problem with the market place,why?
Check internet and start again
Yes, if you are having a problem with you application store on your device you are going to need to check your settings as well as if you are using WiFi in order to aid you in using the application successfully.
'Terms and conditions option' not available?
I have successfully installed WhatsApp but on getting to the activation stage, I opened the application but the 'terms and conditions option is not available
I am not sure exactly what you are referring to. If you aren't able to agree to the terms and conditions make sure it is scrolled all the way through them, then it should let you accept. If the terms and conditions agreement just isn't appearing try to remove and reinstall the app.
Creating favorite it's showing please help me what is that?
Please help me please help it's showing loading favorite
I suggest that you wait for it to load but if it takes too long to load, I suggest that re-install the application. Make sure that you are connected to your carrier and is also stable.
Music files received from WhatsApp do not appear on browsing?
Music files received from WhatsApp do not appear on browsing or by any file browser
This is an error that Windows is working on fixing at this time which is why the application is no longer available for use or download at this time. Microsoft has taken the application down due to many bugs that are happening to users.
In order for the app to come back Microsoft has to fix the bugs and errors on the application to help users like you enjoy the application error free. Your situation is linked to the many bugs with the application.
Microsoft has not yet released how long it will take for them to fix this error but they are working on getting the application working again.
Here is a link to the news:
Ich finde whats I'm ap store nicht. Ich nutze ein Lumia 520?
Ich finde whats I'm ap store nicht. Ich nutze ein Lumia 520
Based on your question I understand that you are having a problem with downloading the application WhatsApp to your Windows based device. This is not an error on your device or network.
Recently Microsoft took the WhatsApp application off of the app store and also has made it not functional on devices because they are trying to fix the errors and bugs with the application on Windows OS.
As of right now there has not been any information given out on how long it will take for them to fix the bugs but they have stated that this is only temporary. The app will no return to Windows devices until the bugs are fixed with the application.
How to get the code to my mobile?
Despite entering my phone number I have not received the code, I grabbed the last two digits of my phone, what should I do to get the code Turn off your WiFi and make sure that are able to receive text messages over data. If you are using a WiFi application for SMS this would be one reason you did not get the code. Go into your WhatsApp to enter your number again and request a code.
WhatsApp is not running properly?
Phone SIM card is blocking the proper run of receiving WhatsApp and Viber notifications through WiFi connections. While I am using an internet SIM card, then I receive proper WhatsApp and Viber notifications.
Here are a few solutions for you:
- 1Go into Settings to Network and find WPS.On your wireless router push the WPS button and wait for it to pair with your device.Advertisement
- 2Go to Settings then Data Usage and open the Menu to disable Restrict App Background data.
- 3Put your APN settings in all over again.Be sure to push the APN from the main menu once you save and back out of the sub menu for set up to enable the APN.
- 4Go into WhatsApp and Viber and make sure that you have notifications enabled and that you also do not have the option selected to only use the app over WiFi.Sometimes when apps update, your previous settings change so it is worth checking.Advertisement
Unknown why, Microsoft keeps telling me through the desktop website that WhatsApp doesn't work on my Nokia Lumia 530?
I tried it once. Didn't work; Figured I had to update the OS. Updated the OS. Still can't download WhatsApp Software. When browsing through my desktop PC, Microsoft tells me that the software I'm looking for doesn't work with my Nokia Lumia 530. I click a link in the text that sends me lower, to a part that shows me what devices WhatsApp runs with (This all in the official Microsoft Website). I see that it runs with Windows 8.1. I checked the OS version of my Nokia Lumia and.. Suprise! It's 8.1!! . I'm trying to figure what goes on over at Microsoft's end, since they still can't recognize that my phone is updated to Windows 8.1, and thus I can't download it manually from the desktop website. Suggestions?
You may have a corrupted 8.1. Make sure that you are logged into your Nokia and Microsoft accounts before you begin the install and that your WiFi is enabled. Your device is supported so you are correct there is something stopping you. If you have your Family Account set up, check your birthdate and age because this app is restricted and that could also be the reason it is not downloading.
I can't receive verification number?
I installed WhatsApp but when I want to receive the code number I have a problem to receive it please help me. I have tried: I tried to receive verification number by SMS but I am not able sir. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Turn off your WiFi and make sure that your phone data is enabled. If you have any call barring for phone numbers, WhatsApp's may be blocked. Go back to the WhatsApp and request a new code to be sent.
What can I do if Google is not performing?
When I want do download WhatsApp, Google does not support. I have tried: I tried to open play store the WhatsApp app does not appeared, and if I try to open WhatsApp, there is a message appeared that says The version of WhatsApp become obsolete on 23 Feb 2015. please go to Google play store do download the latest vision. I think it was caused by: I think it is the Google system
The latest Google Play WhatsApp link is in the above answers. If you are in a Country that bans WhatsApp then you will have to download it from their website after you enable Install from Unknown Sources in your Security settings.
After the removal of the app from the market store, is there any other ways to download this app?
Unfortunately, there is no other way that you can download the application for your Windows mobile phone, the application was removed for some reason in the Windows application store. We all know that the said application is totally popular all over the globe as there are 500 Million active users to all phone platforms. You may find the application from HERE but it simply says that the application is no longer published. Remember that the application was bought by Facebook for $19 Billion last April 23, 2014 and its last update was January of this year.
Facebook did not provide specific or official reason why they took it off from the said platform. One common reason "Might" be the review of all the users who downloaded the application, which they found it too slow, hangs, bugs, unresponsive and so on and some have found that the backup is not also working. You might also find that almost all possible problem will occur on the application, but on other platforms for the said application works very well and one user said "WhatsApp in Symbian is far better than Windows. So many bugs. audio will close after playing 10 seconds. no option to upload audio files from SD card. app is too slow at starting etc etc,.". However, users who have downloaded the application previously can still continue using the service on their Windows mobile phone.
Unfortunately, in the mean time what you can do is to wait if the application will be put back to the Windows app store for you to download the said app. If you have any other phones that is being supported by the application then you can download the app to that phone instead and enjoy using it. You may also go to this LINK to read the community feed back about the application and what not.
the ad is disrupting everything
Unfortunately, it is only normal to encounter hassle if you see ads on your WhatsApp. This ads will be removed once you are going to pay for the service, since the application is for free for first time user you may need to get use to it for 1 year or if you want to get rid of it then you need to pay for the service charge of $.99. Once you have paid for the service, all ads will automatically be remove on your application once you are going to use it.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Dowload and install Whatsapp for windows phone. (2013). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Dowload_and_install_Whatsapp_for_windows_phone
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Dowload and install Whatsapp for windows phone." VisiHow, visihow.com/Dowload_and_install_Whatsapp_for_windows_phone Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Dowload and install Whatsapp for windows phone." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Dowload_and_install_Whatsapp_for_windows_phone.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Bobby-Jo Keats, petra119533, boosterkick1