Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices
Edited by Jen M, Anonymous, Dougie
If you have an Android device, Smartphone or tablet, and you have forgotten your pass-code/number pass-code, pretty much whichever it is. There is only one way at this time to get in, and that is to do a Hard Reset.
- 1That is going to erase all your data.So it will bring your phone back to being like a brand new phone out of the box. There was a way to crack this. You had to push the emergency button that was only on certain Android phones. You click the emergency button or the emergency call and do a couple things here and push the power button. But the good thing is that Android updated all their software, so you are not able to do that. That is a good thing because if your phone ever gets lost or stolen, no one is going to be able to retrieve your data.Advertisement
- 3So, you have forgotten your pass-code or your number code, so you need to get in and do a Hard Reset.Pretty much, all the phones are similar. Depending on what phone you have, you may have a different way to do it. For instance I am using the Samsung Galaxy S3, it has 3 buttons that you have to hold down. For example on your phone you may only have 2 buttons, like the volume up and down and the power. With the Galaxy S3, what you have to do is hold the volume up and the home button.
- 7I will continue once my phone has completely shut off.OK, so my phone is completely off now. As I said, this is the Samsung Galaxy S3, different phones will have different combinations. For the Galaxy S3 or at least allot of the Galaxy, what you're going to want to do now, hold the up of volume button.
- 15So remember, once you do this it is going to delete everything on your phone, pictures/files/apps, whatever you have on there is going to be deleted.Now this is going to make your phone like brand new as if you have just taken it out of the box. So I am going to select this and press the Power button.
- 23So if you guys need any help with anything, just comment in the bottom, and I will get back to you when I can.Thanks. ByeAdvertisement
Video: Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Jen M