Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices
Edited by Jen M, Dougie
If you have an Android device, Smartphone or tablet, and you have forgotten your pass-code/number pass-code, pretty much whichever it is. There is only one way at this time to get in, and that is to do a Hard Reset.
- 1So it will bring your phone back to being like a brand new phone out of the box. There was a way to crack this. You had to push the emergency button that was only on certain Android phones. You click the emergency button or the emergency call and do a couple things here and push the power button. But the good thing is that Android updated all their software, so you are not able to do that. That is a good thing because if your phone ever gets lost or stolen, no one is going to be able to retrieve your data.That is going to erase all your data.Advertisement
- 3Pretty much, all the phones are similar. Depending on what phone you have, you may have a different way to do it. For instance I am using the Samsung Galaxy S3, it has 3 buttons that you have to hold down. For example on your phone you may only have 2 buttons, like the volume up and down and the power. With the Galaxy S3, what you have to do is hold the volume up and the home button.So, you have forgotten your pass-code or your number code, so you need to get in and do a Hard Reset.
- 7OK, so my phone is completely off now. As I said, this is the Samsung Galaxy S3, different phones will have different combinations. For the Galaxy S3 or at least allot of the Galaxy, what you're going to want to do now, hold the up of volume button.I will continue once my phone has completely shut off.
- 15Now this is going to make your phone like brand new as if you have just taken it out of the box. So I am going to select this and press the Power button.So remember, once you do this it is going to delete everything on your phone, pictures/files/apps, whatever you have on there is going to be deleted.
- 23Thanks. ByeSo if you guys need any help with anything, just comment in the bottom, and I will get back to you when I can.Advertisement
Video: Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Do_a_Hard_Reset_on_Android_Devices
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices." VisiHow, visihow.com/Do_a_Hard_Reset_on_Android_Devices Accessed 26 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Do a Hard Reset on Android Devices." Accessed Mar 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Do_a_Hard_Reset_on_Android_Devices.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Jen M