Do a Bow on Your Ponytail Step by Step
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Anonymous, Eng
How would you like a change of hairstyle for your lovely long hair that is the latest trend, looks appropriate and beautiful for any occasion, and will turn heads? You will get compliments with this stylistic work of art where ever you go. Make a bow in your ponytail that is not your typical, everyday ribbon, but is your own lovely long hair.
Even better, you won't need costly supplies, or a lot of time to create this crowning masterpiece. Simply with your hair brush, can of hair spray, or hair gel, a few bobby pins, elastic band, and a hair tie, you can create an adorable bow in that pony tail in about three minutes at most. So, gather those items, have a seat, and make a pretty pony tail bow. You will be instructed how to create your choice of a pretty large bow, a cute small bow with curls, or an attractive bow on each side below
- 1With your hair longer than shoulder length, and freshly shampooed and conditioned, you need to brush it well to have no tangles or snags.Advertisement
- Make sure your hair is thoroughly dry before you make your hair bow. This will make it possible to arrange the small sections of hair needed to fluff out for your bow.
- To create your lustrous bow from your hair, you will need to have it prepared well. You want to have this new style within a few minutes, and with "no snags".
- 2With all your hair loosely together at one side, just secure it a few inches from your head with a small rubber band for a side ponytail bow.Advertisement
- 3Gather a one-inch section of hair from the top, and put a little gel on it to control any frizzes.
- 4A few inches below the first rubber band put another small rubber band on the one-inch piece of hair.Keep the first rubber band in place.
- 5Fold the one-inch section of hair over about three inches to one side.Now use the rubber band to hold it in place.
- 6Take another one-inch section of hair, put a dab of gel along it, and fold it to the other side.Twist the elastic band that you used for the other fold, and wrap the other side of the twisted rubber band around the other one-inch piece. While checking in your mirror, arrange it so that your bow looks symmetrical and smooth.
- 7Take about a half-inch section of your loose pony tail, and wrap it over the center of your bow.Secure it with a bobby pin.
- 9For the rest of your pony tail, you have the option of making two banana curls for a unique style as "ribbons" for your ponytail bow.Apply hair spray your eye-catching hair bow and ribbons to preserve your masterpiece.
- 10You may also want a pony tail on both sides.Follow the same procedure as above. You can have a hair bow and "curly ribbons" within ten minutes! You can have a hair bow and "curly ribbons" within ten minutes!
- 11Follow the same procedure for small hair bows.Just fold over one-inch sections of hair rather than the three inch to make cute tiny bows. The tiny bows will require a bit more dexterity, so for this you may need another person to assist you.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Jerry Rivers