Do The Triangle Style Yoga at Home
Edited by AliRaza, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 3 others
Trikonasana is also called the triangle yoga pose. Just like its counterparts, the triangle pose consists of different yoga elements rolled into one. The main benefit of this yoga pose is strength building, especially on the lower part of the body - the feet and the legs. It can also promote flexibility.
This yoga pose helps improve the the upper and lower body equilibrium as well. Besides keeping the balance in the body, it also promotes sound and steady mentality and spirituality, leading to a more balanced life.
There are two versions of this, the first being easier to attain than the second. You should start by standing with your feet slightly more than the shoulder width apart and the palms of your hands flat against the sides of your thighs.
- 2Breathe in and bend to the left.Advertisement
- 3Let your right arm lead and pull you over while your left hand sliding down your thighs offers supports.
- 4Do not, however, lean your weight onto your left arm.
- 5Try to stretch far enough for your right arm to make a right angle with your legs and keep your face and hips facing forward.
- 6This not only stretches your spine, but it also stretches the muscles of your chest and waist too.
- 7As you exhale, move slowly back into the standing position and repeat for the other side.Repeat three times each way
The second triangle requires you to stretch without the assistance of the pulling arm. Begin by standing upright, and stretching out your arms to either side so that they are parallel with the floor.
- 1Extend the right foot to the right hand side and as you exhale, bend over towards the right so that your right hand slides down your thigh in the direction of the ankle.Advertisement
- 2There should be no forward inclination of the body at this time.
- 3As the bending action takes place, your left arm should be lifted upright with the palm of your hand facing forward.
- 4Your right leg, right arm and torso should now form a triangle.
- 5This stretch should be maintained for the minimum of a minute.
- 6Try to extend the stretch as you exhale.You will find that if you rest for a second and try again to extend, your body will give a little more. As you inhale, return slowly to an upright position, and repeat the stretch to the left upon the inhale.
- 7Repeat three times for each side.Advertisement
=Things Beginners Should Know Before They Start Yoga
Just like any other new activity you would like to start, it is important that you know the basic principles. When it is your first day at the gym, you should know the basic stretching exercises, the suitable workout outfit, etc. It is the same thing in Yoga. For newbies, you should:
- Be in proper clothing. Wear clothes that are light so you can freely move and stretch. Do not wear socks or shoes during the class.
- Familiarize yourself with yoga terms. This is especially important, so when you do yoga with a teacher, you will know what to do. Words like "om" and "namaste" are two of the basic yoga terms.
- Research on what would be the best yoga type for you.
- Do not eat much before the class. You will be needing energy for the yoga classes, but you should only have something lighter.
- While you can't drink anything during the class, you may do so before and after it.
- Mats are provided in yoga centers, but it would be better if you invest in your own yoga mat. It is more hygienic than using a common mat.
- Before you even pay for your membership, you should ask yourself if this is really what you want. You can often schedule a trial class for free, so you will have an idea of what the class will be like before you enroll.
Try to keep your movements fluid, think of your spine as a piece of elastic being stretched lengthwise as well as sideways. Also, you must take care not to move your back too abruptly. When done properly, this is a very calming exercise, partly because it requires such intense concentration. It is also beneficial in speeding up the expulsion of toxins from the body as it tones the pancreas and kidneys, helping them to operate more efficiently.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Graeme, Anonymous