Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Why disconnect?
- 3 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
- 4 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
The Galaxy Gear is an awesome device when connected to your Galaxy Note3. However, there will be times when you prefer not to connect both devices. This article will discuss two procedures for disconnecting your Samsung Galaxy Note3 from your Galaxy Gear.
For such an awesome device, you may be wondering why there is a need to disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. These are the reasons you may want to end the connection between these two great devices.
- 1Saves battery.Connection between your Note3 and Galaxy Gear is through Bluetooth communication. Turning on Bluetooth even if you are not using the Galaxy Gear for phone functions will unnecessarily eats a chunk of the battery juice from both of your devices. If there is no need to connect them, make sure that you disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. This will ensure longer life-before-charging for your two devices, especially when you are travelling for long hours and you are unable to charge any of your devices.Advertisement
- 2Allows you to connect to a new device.Galaxy Note3 only allows one Gear connection at a time. This is to ensure no conflicting commands will go to the Note3 from two or more different Galaxy Gears. If you want to connect a new Galaxy Gear to your Note3, then you need to disconnect the currently connected device to give way to a new Galaxy Gear device.Advertisement
- 3There is a problem with the connection.Whenever you have a problem with controlling the phone from your Galaxy Gear or you have connection problems between your two devices, disconnecting and connecting them again can help. Disconnecting an erratic connection will refresh both devices to allow a new and possibly better connection.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Gear Manager app:
- 7You have successfully ended the connection between your Note3 and your Galaxy Gear.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Mobile Device Bluetooth: Top of Form
- 7You have successfully ended the connection between your Note3 and your Galaxy Gear using the Mobile Bluetooth device.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Galaxy Note3 is unable to communicate with Galaxy gear?
My watch worked when I had it paired with my 3sphone know that I got my new phone .gear will not communicate?please help
In order to pair the Galaxy Gear watch with your device you are going to need to connect the two devices using NFC rather than using the Bluetooth feature which you used on your iPhone device.
1. Take your Galaxy Gear watch out of the casing
2. Activate the NFC feature on both devices then place both back to back to pair them together
3. Once both devices are paired you will be able to use the device
Here is a link to more troubleshooting tips:
My Galaxy gear will not connect to my S4?
My Galaxy gear will not connect to my S4 tried manually connecting and I just says unable to connect
This is more likely because the connection is not very good during the time that you attempted. Also, having to restart both devices will also help in refreshing its system and get rid of any clogs that are present. It will allow you to be able to start the system from zero and so it will be able to detect the other device much faster.
Can I connect gear with the mega?
I am trying to connect a gear with a mega it connects and disconnects
The process is the same as connecting with other devices. However, you need to check whether you have downloaded the right apps to both device in order for them to be able to correctly detect each other.
NEED TO DELETE A COUPLE OF DEVICES THAT I DO NOT USE ANYMORE FROM MY DEVICE MANAGER?
I HAD A COUPLE OF OLDER GEAR WATCHES THAT I HAVE ON THE GEAR MANAGER AND NEED TO DELETE IT FROM MY PHONE. HOW CAN I DO THAT
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Alma, Eng, Lynn