Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Alma and 2 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Why Disconnect?
- 3 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
- 4 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Referencing this Article
- 7 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
The Galaxy Gear is an awesome device when connected to your Galaxy Note3, however, there will be times when you prefer not to connect both devices. This article will discuss two procedures for disconnecting your Samsung Galaxy Note3 from your Galaxy Gear.
For such an awesome device, you may be wondering why there is any need to disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. These are the reasons you might want to end the connection between these two great devices.
- 1Connection between your Note3 and Galaxy Gear is through Bluetooth communication. Turning on Bluetooth even if you are not using the Galaxy Gear for phone functions, will unnecessarily use a large chunk of the battery juice from both of your devices. If there is no need to connect them, make sure that you disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. This will ensure longer life-before-charging for both your devices, especially when you are travelling for many hours and you are unable to charge either of your devices.Saves battery.Advertisement
- 2Galaxy Note3 only allows one Gear connection at a time. This is to ensure no conflicting commands will go to the Note3 from two or more different Galaxy Gears. If you want to connect a new Galaxy Gear to your Note3, you need to disconnect the currently connected device to give way to a new Galaxy Gear device.Allows you to connect to a new device.Advertisement
- 3Whenever you have a problem controlling the phone from your Galaxy Gear, or you have connection problems between your two devices, disconnecting and connecting them again can help. Disconnecting an erratic connection will refresh both devices to allow a new and possibly better connection.There is a problem with the connection.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Gear Manager app:
- 7You have successfully ended the connection between your Note3 and your Galaxy Gear.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Mobile Device Bluetooth:
- 7You have successfully ended the connection between your Note3 and your Galaxy Gear using the Mobile Bluetooth device.
Questions and Answers
Galaxy Note3 is unable to communicate with Galaxy gear.
My watch worked when I had it paired with my 3phone. Now that I have my new phone, the gear will not communicate. Please help?
In order to pair the Galaxy Gear watch with your device, you are going to need to connect the two devices using NFC rather than using the Bluetooth feature, which you used on your iPhone device.
- 1Take your Galaxy Gear watch out of the casing.
- 2Activate the NFC feature on both devices then place both devices back to back to pair them together.
- 3Once both devices are paired you will be able to use the device.Advertisement
My Galaxy gear will not connect to my S4.
My Galaxy gear will not connect to my S4. I tried manually connecting, and it just says unable to connect.
This is more likely because the connection is not very good during the time you attempted. Also, having to restart both devices will also help to refresh both systems and get rid of any clogs that are present. It will allow you to be able to start the system from zero and will be able to detect the other device much faster.
Can I connect gear with the mega?
I am trying to connect a gear with a mega. It connects, and then disconnects.
The process is the same as connecting with other devices. However, you need to check whether you have downloaded the right apps for both devices in order for them to be able to correctly detect each other.
Need to delete a couple of devices that I do not use anymore from my device manager.
I have a couple of older gear watches that I have on the gear manager, and need to delete them from my phone. How can I do that?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Disconnect_Galaxy_Gear_to_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3." VisiHow, visihow.com/Disconnect_Galaxy_Gear_to_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3 Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Disconnect_Galaxy_Gear_to_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Maria, Alma, Eng