Disable SMS Limit in Samsung Galaxy S3 (Korean Version)
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, iqra.khalid, Eng
You bought a Korean version of Samsung Galaxy S3 from a friend for a very low price. Then you said to yourself, "Hi,, I got some other country versions of other phones too and I do not have any problem with them. I should have no problem with these Korean ones." You're wrong. Korean carriers have put a limit on their SMS. Compared to normal SMS limits, these are, rather, too minimum ranging at 80-140 bytes depending the service provider. This means that when your SMS will go above the limit, then the phone will automatically trim it down. Good thing that we have saved you from a lot of trouble by giving you the solution below. You're welcome!
- 1Go to the Application Menu usually found on your Samsung Galaxy S3's Home Menu.Advertisement
- 2Look for the Play store application and open it.Advertisement
- 3Search for the keyword "Handcent".
- 4The very first result would be the one that we will be looking for, tap on it.
- 5Tap on Install application.Download should start and installation should commence right after download completion.
- 6Open the application and you are done.You can now send and receive SMS the way it is with non-Korean version.
Prevent double notifications
You may have noticed that after you have installed Handcent SMS on your device, you are getting double messages. This is because you have two messaging applications on your Galaxy S3. Handcent has its own notification and the native SMS application has its own notifications. You can opt to uninstall your native SMS application but in order to do that, you need to have your phone rooted. If you do not want to go through the hassles of [[Root All Android Versions of Galaxy S3|rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3], then you can temporarily disable or hide the notifications of Galaxy S3. You may follow on these procedures:
- 1Go to your Galaxy S3's Home screen by pressing the Home button once.The Home button is the button on the lower-middle part of your phone.Advertisement
- 2From your Home screen, tap on the Menu key to view available options.Menu key is the button located on the lower-right part of your S3.
- 3From the list of options, tap on Settings.
- 4From Settings, tap on the "More" tab and tap on "Application Manager" under System Manager.
- 5From the application manager, swipe your way until you get to the "ALL" tab.This is where you will see all the applications installed on your phone.
- 6From the list of applications, scroll down until you see the Messaging application.
- 7Tap on "Messaging" to view application details.
- 8From the Application Information page, you can tap on the "Disable" button to temporarily disable the application.Once disabled, the application will not do its task of sending and receiving SMS and MMS.
- 9You can also tap on "Show notifications" box, making sure that there is no check mark on the box.This will disable notifications for the Messaging application. Once disabled, notification for Messaging won't show. Only notifications for Handcent will now show.
- 10You can always revert the actions done by following the same procedures making sure that "Enable" is chosen and "Show notifications" is checked.Again, this is only applicable when you want to receive messages and notifications again from the native SMS application.
- 11You have just learned how to disable and hide the notifications on your Galaxy S3.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You can also use the web mobile browser to download the apk file at �" play.Google.com/store/apps/details?ID=com.handcent.nextsms&hl=tl)
Questions and Answers
I want to increase messaging limit?
My Korean S3 cellphone has limited pages I want increase the limit
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: iqra.khalid, Charmed, Leomar Umpad