Disable SMS Limit in Samsung Galaxy S3 (Korean Version)
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, iqra.khalid, Eng and 3 others
You bought a Korean version of Samsung Galaxy S3 from a friend for a very good price. Because you have other country's versions of phones, you figure you'll have absolutely no problem with this Korean one. You're wrong! Korean carriers have put a limit on their SMS. Compared to normal SMS limits, these are extremely low - ranging from 80-140 bytes depending the service provider. This means that when your SMS goes above the limit, the phone will automatically trim it down. Good thing we are going to save a lot of trouble by giving you the solution below.
- 1Go to the "Application Menu" usually found on your Samsung Galaxy S3's Home Menu.Advertisement
- 2Look for the "Play Store" application and open it.Advertisement
- 3Search for the keyword "Handcent".
- 4Tap on it.The very first result is the one we're looking for.
- 5Download should start and installation should commence right after the download is complete.Tap on "Install Application".
- 6You can now send and receive SMS the way it was meant to be - the non-Korean version.Open the application and you are done.
Prevent Double Notifications
You may have noticed that after you have installed Handcent SMS on your device, you are getting double messages. This is because you have two messaging applications on your Galaxy S3. Handcent has its own notification and the native SMS application has its own notifications. You can opt to uninstall your native SMS application, but in order to do that, you need to have your phone rooted. If you do not want to go through the hassles of rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3, then you can temporarily disable or hide the notifications of Galaxy S3. You may follow on these procedures:
- 1The Home button is the button on the lower-middle part of your phone.Go to your Galaxy S3's Home screen by pressing the Home button once.Advertisement
- 2Menu key is the button located on the lower-right part of your S3.From your Home screen, tap on the "Menu" key to view available options.
- 3From the list of options, tap on "Settings".
- 4From Settings, tap on the "More" tab, and tap on "Application Manager" - under System Manager.
- 5This is where you will see all the applications installed on your phone.From the application manager, swipe your way until you get to the "ALL" tab.
- 6From the list of applications, scroll down until you see the Messaging application.
- 7Tap on "Messaging" to view application details.
- 8Once disabled, the application will not do its task of sending and receiving SMS and MMS.From the Application Information page, you can tap on the "Disable" button to temporarily disable the application.
- 9This will disable notifications for the Messaging application.You can also tap on "Show Notifications" box, making sure that there is no check mark in the box.
- 10Only notifications for Handcent will now show.Once disabled, notification for Messaging won't show.
- 11Again, this is only applicable when you want to receive messages and notifications again from the native SMS application.You can always revert the actions done by following the same procedures making sure that "Enable" is chosen and "Show Notifications" is checked.
- 12You have just learned how to disable and hide the notifications on your Galaxy S3.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You can also use the web mobile browser to download the apk file at Google Play Apps
Questions and Answers
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: vc, Nuance, Eng