Diagnose Black Display / No Display Output in Your Computer
Edited by Liezel, Eng, Robbi
We are a user, but how can we use our computer if it is not functioning well such as not having display output?.
Computers are no longer an option. In fact, they are very nearly a necessity in working day to day. Computer now of our ages is very useful like what you are doing right now; it helps a lot, so you will be amaze to yourself after you reading this article, you can do fixed your personal computer by your own without calling technician. But before we proceeding the steps please make sure you know to protect yourself in hazard, safety first before doing it.
There are common issues that you may encounter when your personal computer is not properly shutdown or you had unexpected power loss. So before checking the probable cause for No display issue that you are facing, you need to prepare the following:
- Anti-Static Band.
- Screw Drivers.
- Pen Eraser.
- Wear close shoes.
- 1Okay, let start check your VGA cable if loose or not, make sure it is plugged-in properly to your monitor and to system unit (CPU).You can see the problem of your computer by watching your computer keyboard light status.Advertisement
- 2Now, you can do is to switch off your computer then unplug the power cord, you can do this by holding the switch on button.Then open your system unit ("CPU that called mostly"). Remove all the memory card that is in the slot of the motherboard, slowly push up and push down the holder of the memory. Note: don't touch the chips in all parts of the motherboard and memory; you can only touch the edges or sides to avoid damage of your computer.This is the sample of memory card.Advertisement
- Proper handling memory card of computer.Hold the memory card by the edges, as you can see from the photo below. Touching the flat side of the memory card where the electronic component are might damage it.
- 3Clean all the gold pins of the memory card.Clean all the gold pins of the memory card but still follow the instruction above,use pen eraser to clean the gold pins, after you clean the gold pins of the memory, choose only one memory to put back in the slot of motherboard, do it perfectly, all memory card have a notch, check your memory card take time in doing it, notch is guide how you put perfectly the memory card into motherboard. You can use your both thumbs to insert and properly tight it.
- 4Then try to switch on again your computer, plug the power cord, especially keyboard, monitor.After you switch on and LED light of num lock is open and responding (success) it will have a display in the monitor. Oops!, don't be hurry to put another memory card switch off first before doing it, to insert other memory card, make sure the power cord is unplug before you put other memory card in the slot of motherboard.
- 5Sometimes it is not end by doing cleaning the memory, if it is happen to you, try first to change your memory card, after you change and still no display.You can check other parts, the second parts you need to check is your video card, don't put many memory card when you are in diagnosing, put only one in the slot of your motherboard always when you in troubleshooting.
- 6Like what we did in the memory unplug always the power cord when you touching the parts of computer, remove the video card in the motherboard be careful in removing it, video card has a random lock, check the lock where is it before you removing it don't force to pull it, it is easy to pull when you remove their lock.Clean all the pins of the video card(gold pins only), then get it back into motherboard after you clean it. Try to switch on again, plug the cord, keyboard and monitor. After you doing that it will have a display, if it is not work try to change your video card. And now your problem has been solved.Advertisement
- Do remove the power cable of your Hard disk drive before all the process begin to avoid damage of all your files
- After you finished all the process and still no output and still black display, remove CMOS battery found on the motherboard in 60 seconds. Then put it again
- Make sure before you doing this, you wear all personal protective equipment, to avoid electrostatic shock.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Diagnose Black Display / No Display Output in Your Computer. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Diagnose_Black_Display_/_No_Display_Output_in_Your_Computer
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Diagnose Black Display / No Display Output in Your Computer." VisiHow, visihow.com/Diagnose_Black_Display_/_No_Display_Output_in_Your_Computer Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Diagnose Black Display / No Display Output in Your Computer." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Diagnose_Black_Display_/_No_Display_Output_in_Your_Computer.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Eng, Liezel