Delete an app on an Apple iPhone
Edited by Lor777, Timbuktu, Melanie Cuizon, Lynn and 2 others
Have you ever downloaded an app on your Apple iPhone from the App Store by mistake or downloaded an app you are no longer interested in? Below are six easy steps on how to delete an app from your Apple iPhone:
- 1Press the home button (the button at the bottom of your iPhone just under the screen).Advertisement
- 2Use your finger to swipe the screen to the left or right to find the icon you wish to delete.Advertisement
- 3Press and hold the app you want to delete.
- 4Once the icon starts to shake, press the x that is on the top right of the icon you wish to delete.
- 5When you have finished deleting the apps you no longer want, press the home key.
- 6Once you press the home key, your remaining app icons will stop shaking.
Delete icons from the home screen
An iPhone is different than an Android phone, in that when you delete the icons the apps are also deleted from the phone. So you can just follow the instructions above or follow the directions below, with pictures to make it easier for you to follow.
- 1On the home screen, touch and hold the icon you wish to delete.Advertisement
- 2By holding the icon, the icons will wiggle.
- 6Press the home button again to stop icons from wiggling.Now, the icon has been removed.
Apple is introducing a new piece of technology after selling more than ten million new units of iPhones and two hundred million iPhone devices being upgraded to iOS 7. The iOS7 is considered by many tech experts as the fastest software upgrade in human history. By the time Apple released its latest version; though, it was welcomed with a lot of criticisms.
A lot of Apple users in fact believed that the major changes brought about in the iOS7 were really not as innovative as features like Siri and FaceTime. There are lots of notable improvements though in the iOS 7 as compared with the previous iOS versions. Some of these changes are apparent, while a lot of other features are hidden.
Because of the many applications being introduced, some users often come face to face with one concern: how do you delete an application from an Apple iPhone?
Of course we know that when you hold down an icon of a particular application, the iPhone will then cause them to wiggle, which will then allow you to rearrange your screen icons and delete other third party applications. However, Apple's official iPhone application like iTunes, Calculator, Stocks, etc, lack this button and maybe until now, you are still trying to figure out if these default apps are really destined to just stay on your home screens. However, removing these apps is actually possible.
Other Tips in Deleting an Application on an Apple iPhone
The main trick here is to first fill the entire final page (page 9) on your iPhone with various applications. Then, move any apple-branded application that you do not want on your phone like iTunes store, weather, and the likes to the ninth page. Arrange all the applications so that the apps you wish to delete are found at the bottom right most application on the page.
The key to totally removing these apps is that you are not actually deleting them, but more like banishing them to the hidden tenth page of the iPhone. The tenth page is actually a virtual storage area included in Apple where it can hold applications you download if you happen to fill all the 148 spaces (or nine pages) full of applications. For the applications to banish, simply start pushing the icons off the screen. Keep moving all the unwanted apps over, until you have totally gotten rid of all the applications that you really do not want to have.
Best iOS7 Tricks for Apple
After knowing how to remove and delete applications from your Apple iPhone, it's also best to find out about the best iOS7 tricks for Apple. For the new notification center settings, Apple has made a lot of changes in this particular field. You can easily find the Notification Center when you swipe your home screen from the top. These notifications are currently grouped or subdivided into "Today", "Tomorrow", and "Missed". Just toggle these options under settings- general- notification center. With these settings, you can control items like the Today Summary, the Next Destination, Stocks, Reminders, or the Tomorrow Summary right from the Notification Settings Console.
Other Important Features to Use
Other key features include the Swipe up for Control Center, Swipe from Center to Down for Search, text adjustments, automatic app updates, add apps to wish list from the app store, live camera photo filters, and the reveal all timestamps in messages.
- Deleting an app will also delete all the data associated with that app. You can re-download any deleted app at any time, free of charge.
- You cannot delete built-in apps that are already on your Apple iPhone. You will know which apps are the built-in apps, because they will not shake when you hold them in or give you the x option to delete them.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Melanie Cuizon