Delete Your Microsoft Account
Edited by Grimm, MsBarbs, Eng, Guenther Goettling
Today we are going to show you how to delete your Microsoft account. Now some of you may not be surprised by the fact that there is no option anywhere, in any of these sections that we have clicked on, to let you easily and quickly delete your account. However, if you know where to click you can still easily and quickly delete your account. It just takes a little bit of time.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Delete Your Microsoft Account
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 Support us in protecting your account. You must use a security code to confirm your identity. How would you want to get the code? E-mail text message to ********* ********* 77 77 Call E-mail Complete the invisible part to confirm that it is your email These -mail address, and click "Send code" to get your code. The input does not match the page associated with your account alternate email address. The correct e-mail address begins with "ut". I have this information, I do not have a code?
- 4 Comments
- 6When you delete your Microsoft account, all that stuff goes away. So you want to make sure anything that you've created from your Microsoft account doesn't get deleted or anything that is associated with your Microsoft account. Maybe you have an old Skype ID that you've been using for years, and you've associated that with your Microsoft account and you didn't realize that when you did that your Skype and your Microsoft account were basically married. Deleting that may negatively impact your Skype account. You want to make sure that doesn't happen. So, detach and remove everything that you plan on continuing to use. There is a link here for closing a Microsoft account. You will want to click on that if you have those things.Now, for some of you who may have other services attached to the account, such as Skype, Office, you may even have a OneDrive account with lots of pictures and documents.
- 11Now the code has arrived. Give me a moment to step out and access that code. Here is the code, I am going to put the code in. 'I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code', even though I am deleting it, and even though I already checked that that is fine. So let's submit this.'Sending code'.
- 12"Tired of waiting for security codes? You don't have to wait. Instead, try an app on your smartphone." We are not going to do that we are deleting the account. I think this is bad marketing but that is really not part of this tutorial. If you wanted to set up something like this on your phone, that’s great. It looks like it is probably a good idea. It looks like two-factor authentication.Here we go.
- 13"Before you marked this account for closure, you'll want to: cancel any subscriptions", which we did, "use up your account balances", we don't have any. If you did have account balances you would lose them. "Set up automatic email replies", during the 60 day period your account will still receive lead emails. You may want to create an auto-reply to say to people "Hi,, I am not here anymore". In my case, we don't need to do that, but you could do that. The next option we have is to cancel and get out of this or click next. I am going to go ahead and click next.We're going to skip that, 'set that up later', because we are deleting our Microsoft account.Make sure the account is ready to close.
- 24Your account has been deleted. Congratulations. You can now set up another Microsoft account or switch to something else. Thank you for using VisiHow. We look forward to seeing you in our other videos. Let us know if you have any questions or comments in the section below and have a great day.Now we are out it is done it is finished.Advertisement
Video: Delete Your Microsoft Account
Questions and Answers
Support us in protecting your account. You must use a security code to confirm your identity. How would you want to get the code? E-mail text message to ********* ********* 77 77 Call E-mail Complete the invisible part to confirm that it is your email These -mail address, and click "Send code" to get your code. The input does not match the page associated with your account alternate email address. The correct e-mail address begins with "ut". I have this information, I do not have a code?
I am not able to use my account, because ,the account didn't accept my email and the second check email
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: How can I reply to an email invitation to attend an event
See more questions like this: How can I confirm a time and place of a meeting
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Eng, MsBarbs, Grimm