Delete Text or SMS Message Threads from HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Courtney, Eng, Anonymous
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video we are going to show you how to delete threads from the Messaging section of a HTC One M8.
- 2To unlock the phone, press down on the screen, holding down until you see two lock icons.Both will be in white, the top icon featuring an unlocked padlock and the bottom featuring a locked padlock. Once these icons are shown, swipe upwards to unlock the device. Now that the phone has been unlocked, we will see the home screen.Advertisement
- 4Press down on the Messages icon to open the application.This icon will be the second icon out of the five. It is represented by a white speech box with three, green, horizontal lines in the center. In this video we want to show you how to delete threads. We will start with the first method, which is to delete the threads individually.
- 8Press down on the word 'Delete', it will be written in white.A white box will then appear. It will feature a blue banner at the top with the word 'Delete' written inside of it, as well as another option. This option can be checked to delete locked messages with the thread. Locked messages have been talked about in another video, if you'd like to learn more about them please reference that video.
- 9Press the icon marked as 'OK' on the right side of the box, this will delete the entire thread.If you did not check the option to delete the locked messages, they will not be deleted. Alternatively, we can delete multiple threads at once. To clarify, we are calling each message a thread because there are multiple messages, or a "thread" of messages in each chat.
- 12We need to choose the threads we would like to delete.The color of the box will change to blue with a white 'X' inside of it when checked. Near the bottom right of the screen there is a panel marked with the word 'Delete'. Beside the word 'Delete' it will show a number, depending on the amount of threads selected.
- 14This then concludes our tutorial on how to delete threads from the messaging section of a HTC One M8.If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, please leave them in the comment section below and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Delete Text or SMS Message Threads from HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Courtney, Thor