Edited by Angel Hammer, Robbi, Lynn, Eng
Have you ever been told that you need to delete your cookies and then been struck by confusion?
Cookies, to put it simply, are small pieces of information that are sent to the computer browser that you are using from the website or web page that you are on. The cookies are then stored in your browser.
If cookies are left to collect they can reek havoc on the performance of your browser, and even make certain websites incapable of functioning properly. Every browser will collect cookies. It is important to delete the cookies from: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox internet browsers once in a while.
Steps to Delete the Cookies in Your Browser
- 2Click the bars and select the "History", the option located above "Downloads" and below "Tools".Advertisement
- 4Select the grey bar that says, "Clear Browsing Data" on the left below the word "History".This will bring up the History page.
- 6Check the box beside the option that says, "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data".A box will pop up that says, "Clear Browsing Data" and it will give you the option to put a check mark beside several items, starting with "Clear browsing data", and ending with "Deauthorize Content Licenses".
- 7The pre-selected option is "the beginning of time", you would select this if you want the cookies deleted from all websites you have visited.At the top of the box, beside where it says, "Obliterate the following items from:", you can choose how far back you want to delete your cookies.
- 8After you have selected how far back you want the deletion to go select the option that says, "Clear Browsing Data", at the bottom of the page and you are finished!
- 12Homepage, Startup, Tabs, Browsing history and Appearance. Look under "Browsing History" and check the box beside the option that says, "Delete browsing history on exit". Click the button that says, "Delete" and then click the "OK" button and exit the window.Under the first tab marked, "General" you will see several options.
- 15The pre-selected option will be set to, "Last Hour".After you click the "Clear recent history" button, another box will appear that lets you determine how far back you want your cookies deleted.
- 16This will let you select what portions of your history you want deleted. Click the check box beside cookies.Click the downward facing arrow button beside where it says "Details".
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Delete Cookies. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Delete_Cookies
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Delete Cookies." VisiHow, visihow.com/Delete_Cookies Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Delete Cookies." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Delete_Cookies.