Decorate on a Budget with Vinyl Wall Decals
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Jen M
Every year at this time, my husband and children cringe as the holiday decorating starts. We all want that fresh look and a cozy style for the holidays, but with Christmas or other holidays, the money doesn't seem to be available to do all of the things that you want. That means that when it comes to decorating, you're going to have to try and cut the costs without lowering the overall effect.
Getting a cozy warm look for the holidays doesn't have to mean that you're going to break the bank. You can keep the costs down and still get the look that you want using some simple techniques, such as fresh paint, usually low cost in nature, and the vinyl wall decals which are easy to apply and easy to remove. Suitable even for the rental homes because they do not mar the wall surfaces, the use of vinyl wall decals can set the tone for an entire room, offering a great look and a new style for the holidays that can be rapidly and easily removed once the holiday for which they have been used is past.
Learn more about decorating With vinyl wall decals
In addition, if you're looking for a fast way to spruce up the house and to create a focal area on a wall, vinyl wall decals offer you the best of both worlds, being easy to remove, but long lasting in the event that you like the look and want to keep it for a long span of time.
Today many of the cheap or low cost vinyl wall decals can be applied rapidly and easily and can stay in place for 12-18 months without any fading in looks. The application is easy and many of them are designed today to look like the costly and time consuming stenciling which is done on the upper wall for borders or to highlight a chair rail.
Even when looking closely at the wall decals the difference between them and actual stenciling is difficult to discern.In the bathroom there are some adorable frogs that add just a touch of whimsy. From two of the four best places to buy cheap vinyl wall decals, these are about 8 dollars. With a fresh coat of paint, which in an average sized bathroom would be about a pint or around 9 dollars, they will spice up the room very nicely.Decals for your kitchen can set you apart from your friends and add a flare to your kitchen and dining room area.
Choosing items that are going to be less seasonal and classy looking are in order if you're going to be keeping them up after the holidays, but the choice is yours.The special thing about these decals is that it doesn't matter if you own or rent your home, these decals, if applied according to instructions will not harm your walls.
They come in different designs and colors, so it is almost impossible not to find something you like. My favorite place to buy cheap vinyl wall decals is from SweetumsSignatures.com, where you'll get lower pricing than you might find on some of the other online sites. In addition they offer a free decal with an order nearly every month of the year so you can plan around that as well.
Steps to apply vinyl wall decals
The instructions to apply these decals are so easy, even a child could do them.
- 1Either paint your walls and make sure they are completely dry or begin with a very clean wall, wiped down with a damp cloth to prevent the stickers (decals) from rolling back.Advertisement
- 2Using a laser level, make a mark on the wall about the same length as the vinyl wall decal will be.Advertisement
- 3Peel half of the stick back away and press to the clean wall.Most of the vinyl wall decals come with an application device that looks a great deal like a credit card. This will be the best option for application of the vinyl wall decal.
- 4Once the first half is securely adhered to the wall, peel the second half of the paper and press firmly to the wall
- 5Use the application device on the second half of the decal.
- 6Step back and admire your handiwork.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Interior Decorating
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Robbi