Decorate a Room for a Christmas Party
Edited by Jan Margery Castillo, Robbi, Eng, MsBarbs
Imagine having a Christmas party in a dull room with nothing but regular chairs, tables and a plain white wall. Now imagine a festive party with overflowing flowers, balloons, glitter, lights and toys in all the colors of the rainbow. Which would you prefer? Designing a room for a Christmas party is something at which not everyone excels. Sure, it can be delightful to see the finished set-up, but it is more than just hanging Christmas decorations.
Factors to Consider Before Decorating a Room
While you don't need an interior designer decorating may be easier if you take these into consideration beforehand:
Christmas Party Decoration Themes
- 1You may choose to base your theme on your favorite Christmas color combination. It could be just red and green, or red and white, it could be just gold or silver. For a red and white theme, you may choose ornaments such as Santa hats on chairs, pillowcases, or candy cane vases. Anything that you could think of with that motif would do. You may also put a little sparkling colors like silver and gold for variation.Colored Themes.Advertisement
- 3Those who love baking can invite their friends over for a Christmas cookie swap party. Decorate your Christ tree with cookie cutters. You may also use your cookie cutters to create little Christmas tree ornaments. And of course, prepare an area where you could place cookie mix jars as a take home gift for visitors.Christmas Cookie Party.
- 6For nature lovers, you can use your mini plants as your decorations. Add some little candy canes and mini Santas for added appeal. Your Christmas tree ornaments can also be made from dried fruits. Decorate with pine cones, raffia bows, fruit garlands and grapevines.Nature.
- 7If you are a fan of Hunger Games or Thor or any other movie that is a family favorite, you can always use these movies as an inspiration for your Christmas room decoration. It doesn't have to be expensive, you just have to be resourceful. For example, your wreath can look like the logo for Hunger Games. You may also put little mementos on certain rooms like the restroom, kitchen or cloakroom.Movie Themes.
- 10Use little flags as a decoration on various parts of the house. The lights on your pavement or on the Christmas tree can be just blue,red and white to have that patriotic feel. Add those colors too on your staircase decoration along with the Christmas garlands.Patriotic.Advertisement
Additional Tips and Suggestions
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Decorate a Room for a Christmas Party. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Decorate_a_Room_for_a_Christmas_Party
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Decorate a Room for a Christmas Party." VisiHow, visihow.com/Decorate_a_Room_for_a_Christmas_Party Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Decorate a Room for a Christmas Party." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Decorate_a_Room_for_a_Christmas_Party.
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi, Jan Margery Castillo