Decide What Contents to Add to Your Hotel or Hospitality Business Guestroom Directory
Edited by Hotelier, Robert, Eng
Hello, and thank you for using VisiHow. In today's tutorial, we will discuss possible contents for our hotel guestroom directory. In our guestroom directory, we should have a nice material binder (like leather) that contains information about our hotel. This is done as a service for guests. Some hotels might be moving to electronic documentation, but there are many that still have a printed guest directory located in the guestroom on a guests desk.
- 4This may include our food and beverage services, health and wellness, parking facilities, meeting facilities etc. It should also include hours of operation and general information. If we apply anything with outlet information about food and beverage, add when our restaurant operates and what kind of cuisine it serves. This is the type of information we may find in this section.We may also have a section (where it could be combined) for hotel services and outlets.
- 5Menus can be for food and beverage, for the spa, or in-room dining. It should also include hours of operation, especially for in-room dining. For example, note if you provide 24 hours of in-room dining service, or only during daytime hours. Also, include what the guest can order, and the price of the items.We may also find menus.
- 6This should include a further explanation of fire safety in addition to the fire safety plan that will be posted on the guest room door. It will also include information on specific possible threats, like if we're located in an area that receives occasional earthquakes, we may want to serve some information on how a guest should act if there is an earthquake. Our guests may not experience this type of event where they are living and they may not know how to react.We may also include some safety information.
- 7This should be general, such as airline contact information for specific airlines that fly in and out of the area to make it easy for guests to contact them in case they need to re-arrange their travel itinerary. It may also include hotel department information, like what number the guest needs to call if they're trying to contact the concierge. Some of this might be outside of the guest directory as well, it may be complete separate and our menus might also be separate. It depends on the particular needs of the hotel and the guests.We may also include some travel and contact information.
- 8If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes today's tutorial highlighting some of the different categories we can use while creating our hotel guest directory.Advertisement
Video: Decide What Contents to Add to Your Hotel or Hospitality Business Guestroom Directory
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Decide What Contents to Add to Your Hotel or Hospitality Business Guestroom Directory. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Decide_What_Contents_to_Add_to_Your_Hotel_or_Hospitality_Business_Guestroom_Directory
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Decide What Contents to Add to Your Hotel or Hospitality Business Guestroom Directory." VisiHow, visihow.com/Decide_What_Contents_to_Add_to_Your_Hotel_or_Hospitality_Business_Guestroom_Directory Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Decide What Contents to Add to Your Hotel or Hospitality Business Guestroom Directory." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Decide_What_Contents_to_Add_to_Your_Hotel_or_Hospitality_Business_Guestroom_Directory.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Robert, Hotelier