Deal with a Possessive Girlfriend
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, Lynn, Maria and 8 others
Are you under constant stress while dealing with a possessive girlfriend? Do you feel like you have to wear blinders like a horse every time you go out in public with her? Does she constantly ask where you are and what are you doing in an accusing tone, whenever you are away from her? Does your girlfriend tell you outright that she cannot trust you, although you give her no reason to feel that way? Do you feel like she spies on your every email, text, or phone call? When she is at your place, does she play detective, and begin searching for some kind of damning evidence that you are cheating on her? Does she want you to only do everything the way she wants it done? If the answer to any one of these questions is "yes", you have an overly possessive girlfriend.
If you are giving your girlfriend no reason for such behavior, she will have to make some changes for the two of you to continue a loving relationship.
A little jealousy is natural with all of us, but there are lines that should not be crossed in order to have a healthy relationship. Provided below are 10 telltale signs your girlfriend has crossed one or more of those lines. There are some ways that you can help her deal with her insecurity, which triggers these undesirable actions. If these ways do not improve her behavior, it will be time to graciously end the relationship for your well-being and your future.
- 1 Signs Your Girlfriend is Overly Possessive
- 2 A Little Jealousy is Healthy
- 3 Ways You Can Help End Your Girlfriend's Over-Possessive Behavior
4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Can a possessive girlfriend change?
- 4.2 How to Tell if Your Girlfriend is Possessive?
- 4.3 Psychiatric Steps to Tackle Possessiveness?
- 4.4 She is using bad slang and getting too possessive?
- 4.5 I do not know if she really loves me, but she constantly peeps into my activities?
- 4.6 My girlfriend is rude and abrupt, demanding and controlling?
- 4.7 How to get my girlfriend to understand to give me time for myself?
- 4.8 How will I avoid that possessive girl?
- 4.9 I am a female and have a female friend who always wants to be with me, wants to know where I am etc. It is now stressing me, do I tell her I need space?
- 4.10 Girlfriend is snooping, jealous irrational?
- 4.11 My girlfriend wants me to delete contact with 5 female friends?
- 4.12 How to handle my possessive partner?
- 4.13 I have spoken to her and asked for her phone number indirectly she said not interested?
- 4.14 How do I leave her, she keeps threatening me when I try?
- 5 Comments
Signs Your Girlfriend is Overly Possessive
- 1You can have no friends of the opposite gender without her getting upset.Advertisement
- 2She does not accept your guy friends either.Advertisement
- 3You receive an interrogation whenever you go somewhere without her.
- 4If there is an attractive lady nearby, she scolds you for looking at her, even when you're not even looking in the attractive lady's direction.
- 5You get loaded questions, such as, "Isn't that a lovely dress she's wearing?" Then, no matter what you say, you are grilled with an angry remark.
- 6Your girlfriend asks a barrage of questions about any women that you work with, or are around at all.
- 7She may even make comments, such as, "You didn't have to talk all that time with your brother!"She is very possessive over your time spent talking with a family member.
- 8She becomes angry if you do not do exactly what she wants you to.
- 9Does she harm herself, or threaten to harm herself if you discuss, or show signs that you want to end the relationship?
- 10Your girlfriend sifts through all of your emails and social network sites, constantly accusing you of being unfaithful, or questioning you about it when there are no grounds for the inquiry.
- 11If you have endured any of these behaviors from your girlfriend, you need to discuss with her how she is being overly possessive.
- 12She is very insecure, and you deserve better treatment than this.You must have the freedom to function without her attempting to control your every move.
- 13Yet, if she still continues with being so possessive, you will have to break up, and then stay away from her.There are some ways you can help her overcome such insecurity.
A Little Jealousy is Healthy
- 1They say it can even strengthen a romantic relationship.Social scientists, psychologists and psychiatrists concur that a little jealousy is normal, and can even benefit a loving relationship.Advertisement
- 2Therefore, do not fret about ending your relationship with your sweetheart over a little possessiveness.
- 3Also just like sugar, though, a little jealousy is sweet, yet too much is dangerous.Just like sugar, a little possessiveness is desirable and is a natural sign of love.
Ways You Can Help End Your Girlfriend's Over-Possessive Behavior
- 1You cannot avoid communicating with women in your life just to please your girlfriend. As long as you are not giving her a reason to be jealous, she is being inappropriate with such demands. Once she gets to know your female acquaintances, and realizes that they are not trying to take her man, or in a relationship with him, she should accept them in your life.Let your girlfriend get to know your female acquaintances.